Kyou 56

[19:22] Shadowcaller: Cessie wake up I guess
[19:23] Murska: Hm. So I'll try to GM the ambush. Do I also GM everything else?
[19:24] Happy: why don't we parcel out the npcs?
[19:24] Happy: between me and SC?
[19:25] Murska: Well, I'm not going to control both sides of the fight
[19:25] Murska: so yeah
[19:25] Shadowcaller: You control the patrols and such I guess
[19:26] Happy: how many units are going with us?
[19:26] Happy: all 5?
[19:26] Murska: I suppose. Your call.
[19:28] Happy: first we are going to the old bridge to destroy it, then to the nearer bridge to attack in full, then ambushing the reinforcements. right?
[19:28] Shadowcaller: Arik was supposed to Nuke the other bridge
[19:28] Murska: The other two bridges
[19:29] Happy: I imagine Arik wants to go alone. Or rather, accompanied by his undead
[19:29] Murska: Yah
[19:29] Shadowcaller: Wait, I thought there only were two bridges?
[19:29] Happy: there are three
[19:29] Murska: Bridge 1, Bridge 2, Old Bridge
[19:29] Happy: old bridge is inconvenient to the city, and not regularly guarded
[19:30] Shadowcaller: RIght, old bridge… my GM'ing must have missed that one:P
[19:31] Shadowcaller: ANyway, is Aegnor with her?
[19:31] Happy: okay, Arik + Undead goes to old bridge. I guess I can be the undead :P
[19:32] Happy: Cessie, Aegnor, Hope to near bridge, plus Naib, Michicora, Suroshian, and x units
[19:32] Happy: Simone left behind with remaining units
[19:32] Happy: Am I forgetting any significant npcs?
[19:32] Shadowcaller: Not really, unless you count Xavious as one
[19:33] Shadowcaller: *Xavius
[19:33] Happy: Oh, right. Spirits
[19:33] Happy: I can do Yokai, but not the others
[19:33] Happy: And Suroshian
[19:34] Happy: So we just have to decide how many units are coming with us and how many are in reserve
[19:34] Shadowcaller: Yokai wolf is a spirit of a place
[19:34] Shadowcaller: I'm not really sure he can leave Yokai
[19:37] Shadowcaller: But thats not up to me to decide anyway
[19:37] Shadowcaller: I guess we skip over good-byes and stuff then?
[19:38] Happy: I thought he was bound to the people, not to the place
[19:38] Shadowcaller: Yeah, I guess
[19:39] Shadowcaller: I haven't really made a backstory for him
[19:39] Happy: Because there would have been no reason to go and get him otherwise, since the people are leaving.
[19:39] Happy: Yokai wolf isn't even really his name. It's just what he's called.
[19:40] Shadowcaller: I know, we need to name him some time after the war, or during it
[19:40] Shadowcaller: "war"
[19:40] Shadowcaller: Since its more of a smaller conflict
[19:41] Shadowcaller: WHere do we "start" anyway?
[19:42] Happy: how many units are we taking?
[19:43] Happy: 4 and leave one in reserve?
[19:43] Shadowcaller: Reserve for what exactly?
[19:43] Shadowcaller: Provide cover while we retreat?
[19:44] Happy: for unexpected stuff
[19:44] Happy: that's the whole point of reserves, right General Aegnor?
[19:44] Murska: Yup. :P
[19:44] Shadowcaller: Right…
[19:46] Happy: Simone would stay with them. Since she has no combat skills other than dagger throwing
[19:46] Happy: And if she gets close enough to the fight for that to matter, then she's probably getting killed.
[19:46] Murska: Not to mention she's a child. >.>
[19:47] Happy: try telling her that :P
[19:48] Murska: :P
[19:48] Shadowcaller: So, what bridge was the party about to destroy?
[19:49] Murska: The nearest active one
[19:49] Happy: Units are Bloody Claw, Swift Blade, Sharp Eye, Savage Spear, and Dark Bow
[19:49] Murska: Sharp Eye could have the scouts.
[19:49] Happy: SC controls 2 units, Cessie, Xavius, Michicora, other spirits
[19:50] Happy: Happy controls 2 units, Hope, Simone (if involved), Suroshian, Yokai
[19:50] Happy: Murska controls Aegnor, Naib, bad guys
[19:50] Happy: So the scouts in reserve then?
[19:51] Murska: Scouts are useful. They'd be a bit special in that they usually don't work as a group
[19:51] Murska: but instead are spread across the force
[19:51] Murska: for, you know, scouting
[19:51] Murska: :P
[19:52] Happy: If they're the ones best able to work independently, they're the best choice for reserves then
[19:53] Murska: Depends on what exactly the unexpected happening is. :P
[19:53] Murska: Scouts aren't usually left behind the army, though.
[19:55] Happy: Then they've gone ahead to scout, and will join in the attack?
[19:55] Happy: and a diferent unit is the reserves?
[19:55] Murska: How many people per unit did we have again anyway?
[19:56] Murska: I'd assume a force like ours would need only like four scouts, scouting ahead, especially due to the nature of the mission.
[19:56] Happy: there were 5 groups, and 32 recruits
[19:57] Murska: 6 in the scout unit then
[19:57] Murska: I suppose the two could be on the flanks.
[19:57] Happy: they don't have to have equal numbers
[19:58] Murska: They probably would.
[19:58] Happy: 4 scouts, and 7 each in the other groups?
[19:58] Murska: Well, that also works. :P
[19:58] Happy: you're the General
[19:58] Murska: It's good how we can decide these afterwards. ;)
[19:58] Murska: 'kay, I order things to be done as Happy just said.
[19:58] Shadowcaller:
[19:58] Happy: Yes. Retroactively, so that these groups are all good at working together :P
[19:59] Murska: Exactly. :P
[20:00] Happy: I'll do the Sharp Eye and Bloody Claw. SC has Swift Blade and Dark Bow. Savage Spear in reserve. Will that work?
[20:01] Shadowcaller: Sure, not sure how we invidually is going to control groups thought..
[20:01] Shadowcaller: *thought
[20:01] Happy: Same way the GM controls groups of bad guys
[20:02] Murska: Zoom out in your mind and play it like a RTS with hero units
[20:02] Murska: WC3?
[20:04] Shadowcaller: *sigh*
[20:05] Shadowcaller: Anyway, have you decided how to play yet?
[20:05] Murska: Have you?
[20:06] Happy: I have a clever plan
[20:06] Happy: known as 'winging it'
[20:10] Murska: .
[20:10] Shadowcaller: …
[20:10] Murska: You just got poked.
[20:11] Shadowcaller: What am I supposed to say?
[20:12] Happy: Are you ready to run your units?
[20:12] Shadowcaller: Of course
[20:12] Happy: Is there anyone in the war camp besides the fighters?
[20:13] Shadowcaller: Not really
[20:13] Murska: Some craftsdudes
[20:14] Murska: Not many. All-around people who take care of stuff other than hacking things with weaponry.
[20:14] Happy: Okay.
[20:14] Happy: Well they all come out to say goodbye to their warriors
[20:14] Happy: A few crying
[20:15] Murska: And then grab the last few pieces of stuff left in the camp and take off?
[20:17] Shadowcaller: Hehe, crying eh?
[20:17] Happy: I imagine there are some wifes and girlfriends about
[20:17] Shadowcaller: Hm, yeah
[20:17] Shadowcaller: Not that anyone mentioned them before…
[20:17] Murska: They're not important? :P
[20:18] Happy: Somebody has to do the cooking and laundry and water carrying, and you wouldn't spare warriors for that when we're this short handed.
[20:18] Shadowcaller: Stupid gender roles…
[20:18] Shadowcaller: Anyway, we go then?
[20:19] Murska: Take initiative, soldier!
[20:19] Shadowcaller: Just checking so everything is planned first
[20:19] Happy: (We have women in the ranks. At least my units do… :P)
[20:20] Shadowcaller: Eh, its all good
[20:20] Shadowcaller: We have changed things before right?
[20:21] Shadowcaller: This is going to be very strange…
[20:21] Shadowcaller: I guess all groups move out then?
[20:22] Happy: Yup
[20:23] Shadowcaller: They must be pretty nervous about the incoming battle…
[20:23] Shadowcaller: Our last battle didn't end that well for the ones charging with us…
[20:23] Shadowcaller: Thank the gods for that PC plot armor >.>
[20:24] Shadowcaller: We aim for the closest bridg
[20:24] Shadowcaller: *birdge
[20:24] Shadowcaller: *bridge
[20:25] Happy: What about th e Arik stuff? Or does that happen off screen?
[20:25] Shadowcaller: I think so, we got enough to control already
[20:25] Murska: BTW, I'm the one making up what we'll be facing?
[20:25] Shadowcaller: You are
[20:26] Happy: I blame you, for making bit plawts that require us to fight armies :P
[20:26] Shadowcaller: Hey, it was never supposed to be like this really >.>
[20:26] Shadowcaller: I had orginally other plans
[20:28] Shadowcaller: So we approach the bridge I guess?
[20:28] Murska: I'd assume.
[20:30] Happy: When you leave the reserve group behind, Simone says goodbye.
[20:30] Happy: She doesn't repeat the hug incident. »
[20:31] Shadowcaller: Well, she never hugged Cessie before >.>
[20:31] Happy: She never hugged any of them before.
[20:31] Shadowcaller: True
[20:31] Happy: Except for when she was drugged.
[20:31] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[20:32] Shadowcaller: We say good bye to Simone
[20:33] Happy: She doesn't wish them luck, since she doesn't believe in it.
[20:33] Happy: "I hope you don't die," she says quietly, to Aegnor.
[20:33] Murska: 'I won't. You stay safe aswell.'
[20:34] Happy: She nods. And holds out her hand to shake his.
[20:35] Murska: Aegnor shakes it firmly and smiles at her before leaving.
[20:36] Happy: "If you having to… use the flute." she says.
[20:36] Happy: "Gate is too important."
[20:36] Murska: 'Anything for victory…'
[20:37] Happy: She shakes hands of the others as well.
[20:38] Happy: = Cessie, Hope, Suroshian
[20:38] Happy: she hasn't gotten to know Naib
[20:39] Happy: The scouts move ahead towards the bridge to scout. Hope will go with them.
[20:39] Shadowcaller: "Don't worry Simone, I will make sure we all make it out of this unharmed."
[20:39] Shadowcaller: (By "we" she means the party.)
[20:39] Murska: (Yeah, NPCs are sacrificable)
[20:40] Happy: (:P)
[20:41] Shadowcaller: (She meant that she can't guarantee that all the groups make it out of this alive.)
[20:43] Happy: Suroshian will be with the Bloody Claw.
[20:47] Shadowcaller: Cessie is in Dark Bow then?
[20:47] Happy: YOu decide
[20:48] Happy: and Murska needs to decide where his two are
[20:48] Shadowcaller: Michicora is in Swift Blade
[20:48] Murska: Aegnor ain't a part of any of them. Naib's in Bloody Claw aswell.
[20:50] Shadowcaller: Hm, where will Aegnor be then?
[20:50] Murska: All the groups are moving together for now, anyway.
[20:50] Murska: Except the scouts
[20:50] Shadowcaller: Yes, they are
[20:50] Shadowcaller: We see the bridge soon?
[20:51] Shadowcaller: Cessie is in the back of the group
[20:51] Shadowcaller: Any specific orders for her?
[20:52] Murska: Nothing yet.
[20:52] Murska: The scouts see the bridge fist
[20:52] Happy: The scouts and Hope scout.
[20:52] Murska: first*
[20:52] Shadowcaller: The scouts scout?

[20:53] Murska: Ooh, really?
[20:53] Shadowcaller: So, which bridge is it? (When Cessie gets there)
[20:53] Murska: …well, there's only one bridge it CAN be…
[20:53] Murska: Anyway, the scouts see it first
[20:54] Murska: I assume they need to decide what to do
[20:54] Happy: They need to know what they see
[20:54] Murska: Well, they see, from far away so as to not know any details yet, that they're approaching the bridge.
[20:58] Shadowcaller: Okay, the other groups are just after the scouts
[20:58] Shadowcaller: They really should have trained warrior/wizard tactics…
[21:00] Happy: How could they? One wizard was sick and the other one thinks they are all insignificant insects?
[21:00] Shadowcaller: Thats what I meant
[21:01] Happy: The scouts continue to approach
[21:03] Shadowcaller: *pokes Murska*
[21:03] Murska: The scouts approach the bridge. It seems that there's no exceptional activity going on.
[21:04] Happy: *count numbers off troops*
[21:04] Murska: (sec…)
[21:06] Murska: They see four wagons passing through, with a guard of twenty soldiers. There are twelve soldiers stationed at the bridge itself that you can spot. New things from last scouting time are some horses.
[21:06] Shadowcaller: 20 soldiers? o.O
[21:06] Shadowcaller: Oh well, we got spirits and all that
[21:07] Shadowcaller: New WW game for you Murska
[21:07] Shadowcaller: Looks like someone didn't use the central…
[21:08] Shadowcaller: BUt its a 20 + game so it dosen't matter
[21:08] Shadowcaller: *dosen't
[21:08] Happy: passing through which way? Towards Kyou or away?
[21:09] Murska: away
[21:10] Happy: Hope leaves the scouts to watch, and returns to report.
[21:11] Shadowcaller: I guess she returns to Aegnor then
[21:11] Murska: Now you guys decide the strategy, even though 'Aegnor' is supposedly the one who dictates it.
[21:11] Murska: So, what to do? Attack now or wait until the 20 guys leave
[21:11] Happy: wait.
[21:11] Murska: to potentially trouble Arik later on
[21:12] Happy: meh, Arik has undead
[21:12] Shadowcaller: I think he can handle it really
[21:12] Murska: or survive unscathed and attack the ambush from behind
[21:12] Happy: divide and conquer
[21:13] Shadowcaller: If Cessie hears this, she can tell that to Arik with telepathy
[21:13] Shadowcaller: Then he can ambush them with his undead
[21:14] Shadowcaller: Sounds good?
[21:14] Happy: Indeed.
[21:15] Murska: k.
[21:15] Shadowcaller: Okay, so we wait for them to pass, and Aegnor informs Cessie
[21:17] Shadowcaller: So, how are we going to kill those that are left?
[21:17] Shadowcaller: I say we let the spirits cuase confusion among their ranks then we start picking them off from range
[21:19] Happy: "The Spears will have to get in closer, since they don't have the range of the Bows."
[21:19] Happy: "Whatever spells you can use will help as well."
[21:20] Shadowcaller: "I'm not sure I can use fireball since… I don't really want to start a forest fire."
[21:20] Happy: "Sleep or Hold Person."
[21:20] Shadowcaller: "I suppose we can take a few prisoners, the less dead the better."
[21:20] Happy: (is big chat dead or drama'd up?)
[21:21] Murska: 'What would we do with prisoners?'
[21:21] Shadowcaller: (dead.)
[21:21] Shadowcaller: (or not dead…)
[21:21] Shadowcaller: (Just very quiet.)
[21:21] Happy: (DD still there?)
[21:21] Shadowcaller: "Ask them of information? We can' kill person that can't defend themselves."
[21:22] Shadowcaller: (Nope.)
[21:22] Shadowcaller: *can't
[21:22] Happy: (add me back then I guess… » )
[21:23] Shadowcaller: (See? Dead)
[21:24] Shadowcaller: (So…)
[21:25] Murska: 'But what will we DO with them? Leave them lying into the snow-filled forest?'
[21:26] Shadowcaller: "Well… we could return them back to Kyou when the war is over."
[21:26] Murska: 'But we have no way of keeping them while it isn't.'
[21:26] Shadowcaller: "Or whatever we should call this conflict."
[21:26] Shadowcaller: "I'm sure Arik can keep them stunned."
[21:26] Murska: 'And take them into the city with us?'
[21:27] Happy: "Leave Yokai to guard them?"
[21:27] Shadowcaller: "No, at the command center… or something… I don't know."
[21:27] Murska: 'We'll have to disappear after the ambush. Quickly and with no tracks. Carrying prisoners doesn't really suit that.'
[21:29] Happy: "Right. Then we kill them all."
[21:29] Shadowcaller: (Thought the Yokai wolf could keep them inside himself, as he did when he transported you.)
[21:29] Shadowcaller: (Not that Cessie knows this.)
[21:30] Shadowcaller: (Not sure he can do that to someone unwilling however.)
[21:30] Happy: (Hope just gave her answer >.> )
[21:31] Shadowcaller: "No, I can't do that. We can't kill sleeping people."
[21:32] Happy: "Then don't put them to sleep!" Hope says, a little sharply. "What spells /can/ you cast that will help?"
[21:33] Shadowcaller: "I can… the air elemental."
[21:33] Happy: "Good."
[21:33] Shadowcaller: "Silence would help in a ambush I guess."
[21:33] Happy: (don't forget the ring shields her)
[21:34] Shadowcaller: (I won't.)
[21:34] Shadowcaller: "Anyone needs invisibility?"
[21:37] Happy: (How many uses does she have?)
[21:37] Shadowcaller: (3)
[21:38] Happy: "Protect yourself. Save the rest for later," Hope says.
[21:39] Shadowcaller: "Okay, fly then? Anyone needs silence?"
[21:39] Happy: "You're the noisiest one here," Hope says with a half-smile.
[21:40] Shadowcaller: "I am? I think I can move quite silently…"
[21:40] Happy: "You've improved. Hasn't she?" (to Aegnor)
[21:41] Murska: 'Hm. Slightly.' *smile*
[21:43] Shadowcaller: She rolls her eyes "I don't know why you think I'm so clumsy, I may not have had the type of training you had but I'm not helpless in that section."
[21:45] Happy: "Of course not. Because you have magic. So please use it?"
[21:47] Shadowcaller: "I have no reason to not use it, I'm fully recharged and I had some trouble sleeping with all this unused magic inside me. So it will be a pleasure."
[21:47] Happy: "Good."
[21:47] Happy: Hope leaves them to it, and goes around to explain to the others what is going on and give them encouragement.
[21:51] Shadowcaller: Cessie stays with Aegnor until its time to leave.
[21:53] Shadowcaller: So, how are we going to attack?
[21:53] Shadowcaller: First the spirits enter the fray…
[21:53] Shadowcaller: Its early morning right?
[21:53] Shadowcaller: Would have been better if it was night…
[21:54] Happy: no, we have too much to do
[21:54] Happy: and at night, we'd need light sources, which would make us targets
[21:54] Happy: night attacks are better for inside cities
[21:54] Shadowcaller: Well, Wolfen have very good night vision
[21:54] Shadowcaller: Humans don't
[21:54] Happy: elf?
[21:55] Shadowcaller: Not sure, I think the see as good as humans
[21:55] Shadowcaller: But it would still be a great advantage
[21:57] Shadowcaller: Anyway, lets start this fight shall we?
[21:57] Shadowcaller: WHat are the guards doing?
[21:57] Shadowcaller: After the patroll has passed that is
[21:58] Shadowcaller: Cessie already contcted Arik for the other ambush
[22:00] Happy: *pokes Murska*
[22:00] Murska: They're… guarding?
[22:00] Shadowcaller: SO, nothing special then
[22:01] Shadowcaller: What spirits beside Yokai did we have?
[22:06] Murska: eh. No idea.
[22:06] Shadowcaller: Yokai, Xavius (he can confuse them I guess.)
[22:07] Happy: (Are Iname or Kowa Tengu here?)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: (Iname is a bit too powerful o.O)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: (It would simply destroy all the guards by itself.)
[22:08] Shadowcaller: (Kowa Tnegu is here I guess, but weakened.)
[22:08] Happy: (Or maybe he is only in Kyou)
[22:09] Happy: (And Yokai only in wilderness? To provide limitations?)
[22:10] Shadowcaller: (Yeah…)
[22:11] Shadowcaller: (Anyway, Yoka
[22:11] Shadowcaller: *who controlls yokai?)
[22:11] Happy: (I can)
[22:12] Shadowcaller: (Well, use whatever abilities he have to confuse and kill the guards with then.)
[22:13] Happy: The guards should feel a presence, like the party did way back on their first night in the forest.
[22:13] Shadowcaller: Wasn't that only Aegnor?
[22:13] Happy: (I thought we all felt it, but only Aegnor and Promise could hear it speak)
[22:14] Shadowcaller: (Hm, okay.)
[22:14] Shadowcaller: (Not the best moment for Cessie however
)
[22:15] Shadowcaller: (Okay, so they feel a presense.)
[22:17] Happy: He lets out a chilling howl.
[22:19] Happy: And he approaches the guards, walking through their group.
[22:20] Murska: Do they hear it?
[22:20] Shadowcaller: I guess they do:P
[22:20] Shadowcaller: Otherwise the howl would be quite pointless would it not?
[22:21] Murska: The guards feel a chilling sensation as they're walked through. Some of them panic and there's general confusion. A man in a Guard Sergeant uniform steps out of the tower and shouts for them to get organized.
[22:21] Happy: We all heard it in the forest.
[22:21] Happy: Yokai heads straight for the leader
[22:22] Happy: and howls in his face
[22:22] Shadowcaller: o.O
[22:22] Shadowcaller: Um, I guess the groupos are preparing for the ambush while the guards are confused
[22:23] Shadowcaller: Cessie casts shield, silence and invisibility on herself
[22:23] Shadowcaller: Every archer have climbed up in a tree, covered by spearmen
[22:25] Shadowcaller: They are prepared to fire at will
[22:25] Happy: Hope and the Claws are on the ground, ready to attack.
[22:25] Murska: The sergeant recoils and almost falls, his face paling a bit.
[22:26] Happy: The rest of the guards?
[22:26] Murska: Are getting themselves together. Two rush into the tower.
[22:27] Happy: Yokai manifests and tries to tear out the seargeant's throat.
[22:27] Happy: Hope charges to try and prevent the two from reaching the tower.
[22:28] Shadowcaller: The archers covers her attack with fire I guess
[22:28] Murska: Well, she's a bit too far to do that
[22:28] Murska: Yokai kills the sergeant
[22:29] Murska: The soldiers try and fall back towards the tower, in confusion
[22:29] Happy: Yokai demanifests and gets between them and the tower.
[22:30] Happy: To try and terrify them from getting into it
[22:30] Murska: The two guys reach the top of the tower
[22:30] Murska: meanwhile, the other soldiers gather around the entrance, not seeing Yokai anymore
[22:30] Murska: The arrows hit some of them but they're armoured
[22:31] Happy: He's still howling.
[22:31] Happy: How many soldiers at the entrance? 9?
[22:31] Murska: 8 in a ring, one was shot to the leg and is on the ground, two of the soldiers leave a gap to drag him in
[22:32] Shadowcaller: Cessie is not sure she can cast spells this far
[22:32] Happy: Hope and her 7 bloody claws (Wolfen, obviously) attack.
[22:32] Happy: Hope is dual wielding sword and dagger.
[22:32] Murska: Aegnor orders everyone to attack.
[22:32] Murska: (Since you won't, apparently?)
[22:32] Happy: Wofen using claws and teeth
[22:33] Happy: (but… /you're/ Aegnor :P)
[22:33] Murska: The soldiers pale at the sight of the attack. The ones on the roof start lighting the signal fire.
[22:33] Shadowcaller: (Wait, are we going to charge the tower like that? I guess there is a strong door blocking it.)
[22:34] Murska: (The door is open right now. The soldiers are regrouping at it.)
[22:34] Happy: Yokai flies up and tries to put out the fire with a rush of wind.
[22:34] Happy: Hope slashes her blade, and follows with a dagger uppercut at one guard.
[22:34] Murska: He makes it difficult for them to get the fire to start. one of them drops some wood and swears
[22:35] Shadowcaller: Well, we don't need to charge with everyone since our numbers means nothing at the entrance
[22:35] Happy: The wolfen howl and leap, running on all fours.
[22:35] Happy: They're in a ring, outside the entrance
[22:35] Shadowcaller: Ah, then everyone charges I guess
[22:35] Murska: The guards defend resolutely against the attack, in a tight line to prevent the enemy from getting through and overwhelming them. The sheer weight of the wolfen pushes them back. One wolfen gets struck hard and Hope wounds a soldier, who steps out of the line and allow another soldier to take his place.
[22:35] Shadowcaller: Except Cessie of course and the archers
[22:35] Murska: 'Retreat! Give the archers a line of fire!'
[22:36] Happy: Hope leads the retreat,
[22:36] Shadowcaller: The archers fires as soon they have retreated
[22:36] Happy: leading = making it happen, while being the last to leave
[22:37] Murska: The arrows don't do much, one catches a guard to the arm but he pulls it off. Meanwhile on the roof the two soldiers finally manage to get the fire to start up.
[22:38] Murska: The ring of soldiers look at the enemies arrayed against them. Two of them slink into the tower.
[22:39] Shadowcaller: Cessie have summoned a air elemental now
[22:39] Shadowcaller: Sending it against the fire
[22:40] Murska: The air elemental moves towards the roof. Suddenly a crossbow bolt flies from inside the tower and strikes an elf archer into the elbow. He falls to the ground, shouting.
[22:41] Murska: Aegnor runs to Cessie. 'Could you make me invisible and flying?'
[22:41] Shadowcaller: "Of course… but be careful."
[22:41] Shadowcaller: "Can't someone… I do it."
[22:41] Shadowcaller: SHe casts both spells on Aegnor
[22:41] Murska: (Meanwhile, our soldiers…?)
[22:42] Shadowcaller: (Hey, I control the archers ar the ones covering them:P)
[22:42] Murska: (Shouldn't they sort of take cover or something?)
[22:42] Murska: (Before more of them get impaled)
[22:42] Murska: (Also, the Yokai could do something to the two guys on the roof)
[22:42] Shadowcaller: (Hm, I thought they were quite hard to hit in the trees…)
[22:43] Shadowcaller: I guess they retreat back then
[22:43] Murska: (The crossbowmen are VERY hard to hit in the tower)
[22:43] Shadowcaller: Yes, my point exactly
[22:43] Murska: Aegnor invisibly flies towards the tower, staying carefully off the line of fire from the arrow slits
[22:43] Happy: Yokai manifests and noms the guys atop
[22:44] Happy: Hope leads the troops to get under cover
[22:44] Murska: One of them manages to stab him, but as the spirit turns towards him he loses the grip from his sword and jumps off the tower.
[22:44] Happy: (Is the elf archer the only one wounded?)
[22:44] Murska: (There's a wolfen wounded aswell)
[22:44] Happy: Hope heals both.
[22:44] Shadowcaller: The archers are now further back into the woods, seeing as they aren't of much use now
[22:44] Murska: A crossbow bolt almost hits Hope as she retreats.
[22:44] Happy: (How many bad guys killed so far?)
[22:44] Murska: (Three, with some wounded)
[22:45] Murska: The air elemental extinguishes the flame.
[22:45] Happy: (how many guards outside?)
[22:45] Murska: (Seven, although)
[22:46] Murska: THe soldiers start retreating inside.
[22:46] Murska: Aegnor reaches the tower's top.
[22:46] Happy: Yokai leaps from the top of the tower into the 7, still corporeal.
[22:46] Shadowcaller: The air elemental stands guard at the brazier
[22:47] Happy: He bites and claws at the nearest ones, then demanifests again.
Session Start (moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit#moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit:Group Conversation 20978): Wed Jun 17 22:48:06 2009
[22:48] Murska: Hm
[22:48] Murska: how much'd you see?
[22:48] Happy: did i fall?
[22:48] Murska: yup
[22:48] Shadowcaller: You did
[22:48] Happy: [22:46] Murska: Aegnor reaches the tower's top.
[22:46] Happy: Yokai leaps from the top of the tower into the 7, still corporeal.
[22:46] Shadowcaller: The air elemental stands guard at the brazier
[22:47] Happy: He bites and claws at the nearest ones, then demanifests again.
[22:48] Murska: Yokai falls on top of one of them and kills him quickly, the other's retreat into the tower turns into a panicked rout. They start trying to close the gate, and Yokai gets hit by two crossbow bolts.
[22:49] Shadowcaller: None of our troops are in the line of fire right?
[22:49] Murska: yeah
[22:49] Happy: How injured is Yokai?
[22:50] Murska: Enough to kill a mortal. Pretty badly for him, too, but he regenerates quickly.
[22:51] Murska: The gate closes. Three of the soldiers start climbing to the roof via the ladder inside, to get the fire going again. Just as one of them is getting on, Aegnor stabs him in the back, killing him and obstructing the others from getting up.
[22:51] Happy: Yokai will stay demanifested, but still howls.
[22:52] Murska: Aegnor flies off the roof and, right alongside the tower, approaches a firing slit
[22:52] Happy: "Cessie, can you blast that gate open without causing a fire?"
[22:52] Happy: (What's Naib doing?)
[22:52] Murska: (He attacked with the others and retreated with them aswell.)
[22:52] Murska: (Nothing spectacular)
[22:52] Shadowcaller: "I'm not sure if the fireball carries enough force to blast the door open, its just fire after all."
[22:53] Murska: Aegnor thrusts his sword through the firing slit and into the chest of the crossbowman on the other side.
[22:53] Shadowcaller: "There is one thing I could do however…"
[22:54] Murska: Two soldiers manage to get onto the roof.
[22:54] Shadowcaller: Where the air elemental is waiting for them
[22:54] Murska: Yeah.
[22:54] Shadowcaller: I guess it tries to kill them by sufficating them
[22:54] Shadowcaller: suffocate
[22:55] Murska: (And not, say, tossing them off the roof? :P)
[22:55] Shadowcaller: (Its not that strong really, blowing two fully armored guys off a roof…)
[22:55] Shadowcaller: (Wait, are there any fences?)
[22:55] Shadowcaller: (Or is it a flat roof?)
[22:55] Murska: (Yeah, the things people take cover behind when standing on walls)
[22:56] Murska: (Whatever they're called in english.)
[22:56] Shadowcaller: (How high is this thing?)
[22:56] Murska: (Not that high. There's the ground floor, two floors above that and a roof
[22:56] Murska: each floor lets a human barely stand upright
[22:57] Murska: Anyway, the guys on the roof futilely attempt to slash at the air elemental.
[22:57] Shadowcaller: Since its made of air, that don't go so well…
[22:58] Shadowcaller: Anyway, it forces itself down his throat o.O
[22:58] Happy: When he is no longer close to death, Yokai phases through the wall into the tower, on the ground floor
[22:58] Murska: The guys start suffocating, still kicking wildly and such
[22:59] Murska: Aegnor flies back to the top of the tower and looks down the trapdoor. The third floor seems to be abandoned, it only has the corpse of a crossbowman.
[23:00] Shadowcaller: Cessie to Hope: "I can take direct control of the air elemental… I think."
[23:00] Happy: (What does Yokai see?)
[23:00] Shadowcaller: "I have only done it once so far…"
[23:00] Murska: (Five enemies, two of them wounded and the others trying to give them first aid)
[23:01] Murska: Aegnor drops down into the third floor silently.
[23:01] Happy: "Be careful."
[23:01] Happy: Yokai howls right in the middle of them to create panic.
[23:01] Shadowcaller: "Okay lets see…" Cessie closes her eyes…
[23:01] Murska: Cruel. One of them was just pulling an arrow out of the other's leg and you made him rip the wound larger
[23:02] Shadowcaller: (everyone should carry silk shirts… >.>)
[23:02] Happy: (why silk?)
[23:02] Shadowcaller: (it goes with the arrow, then when you pull it out, it don't tear the flesh that badly.)
[23:02] Happy: (neat!)
[23:03] Murska: (Well, it did hit his thigh)
[23:03] Shadowcaller: (Indeed, the Mongols had that)
[23:03] Happy: Is anyone still shooting from the Tower?
[23:03] Murska: (Silk pants?)
[23:03] Murska: No, since there are no targets
[23:03] Murska: Aegnor grabs a crossbow from the body. True to his looter's nature.
[23:03] Shadowcaller: Cessie finds herself, or rahter the air elemental down someones throat:P
[23:03] Shadowcaller: *rather
[23:03] Happy: Hope and her men approach again, slowly, to see if they draw fire.
[23:03] Murska: The guys are suffocated by now
[23:04] Shadowcaller: Okay
[23:04] Happy: Ready to retreat immediately if they do
[23:04] Murska: They approach a bit.
[23:05] Murska: The gate starts to open.
[23:05] Shadowcaller: The air elemental unconsciously takes Cessies form
[23:05] Murska: The soldiers inside are in panic by now and are trying to get away.
[23:05] Happy: heh
[23:05] Happy: Hope orders her men to wait
[23:05] Murska: Aegnor fires a crossbow through the trapdoor into the back of a crossbowman on the second floor, and a shot flies above Hope's men
[23:06] Shadowcaller: It goes to the lower floors, loooking for any survivors
[23:06] Happy: Until the fleeing men are far enough from the tower to not make it back easily, and then they follow.
[23:06] Happy: She reminds them to leave one survivor.
[23:07] Happy: (Assume they are fleeing down the road to Kyou?)
[23:07] Murska: As the door opens enough to let the men out, two of them run out towards the horses.
[23:07] Happy: (The horses should be rather panicked by now)
[23:07] Murska: (Due to the howling? Very much so.)
[23:07] Happy: Yokai chases those two, manifests, and bite bite claw.
[23:08] Murska: Yokai manifests near the horses who finally break free and make for Kyou. The soldiers don't stand a chance.
[23:08] Happy: (Aww, I wanted us to have horsies :( )
[23:08] Murska: Nothing moves as far as Hope and the recruits can see.
[23:08] Happy: The men we were chasing?
[23:09] Murska: Only two came out of the tower
[23:09] Shadowcaller: The Cessie-elemental is still searcing around thought
[23:09] Murska: Aegnor and the air elemental reach floor 2, which is empty aswell by now
[23:10] Murska: The lowest floor has one badly bleeding soldier with a large wound in his leg, another one trying to stop the bleeding and a third one near the door with a sword.
[23:11] Happy: Then they didn't chase anyone I guess. :P
[23:11] Murska: Yeah. :P
[23:11] Happy: They approach the tower.
[23:11] Murska: The man with the sword steps to the doorway, still inside.
[23:11] Murska: Aegnor reloads the crossbow and aims at the one tending the wounded.
[23:12] Shadowcaller: The Cessie-elemental should be at Aegnor now I guess
[23:12] Murska: Yup.
[23:13] Murska: I was waiting for it's reaction before he shoots.
[23:13] Happy: Hope heads for the door, aware she's going to be attacked as soon as she enters.
[23:13] Happy: Leading with her sword, she steps in.
[23:13] Shadowcaller: (She have a bit trouble speaking with it really.)
[23:14] Murska: The man swings at her. This close, she can see his face, which is pale but resolute.
[23:14] Happy: (She has telepathy)
[23:14] Murska: Aegnor shoots the man tending to the wounded guy.
[23:14] Shadowcaller: (Well, not that either actually.)
[23:14] Happy: "Surrender." Hope says.
[23:14] Shadowcaller: "A…gn..or…"
[23:15] Murska: The shout of the wounded man makes the sword-guy glance behind him.
[23:15] Murska: As he sees Aegnor drop down to the floor, he tosses down his sword.
[23:15] Shadowcaller: The cessie elemental follows Aegnor
[23:17] Shadowcaller: Um, so what happends?
[23:17] Murska: …the enemy just surrendered…
[23:18] Murska: Well, Aegnor walks to him and kicks the sword away.
[23:18] Happy: One guy left unwounded, right? That's what we were aiming for.
[23:18] Shadowcaller: Well, yeah:P I thought… eh nevermind
[23:18] Murska: With broken Kyouen, even more so than his normal one, he says: 'Step outside.'
[23:19] Murska: Then he says to Hope in Common: 'Get the troops mostly out of sight.'
[23:19] Happy: Hope goes outside and does that.
[23:19] Murska: The prisoner steps outside. 'What about the wounded?'
[23:20] Murska: 'Bah. He weak. We here for horses.'
[23:21] Shadowcaller: "W..ait., do..'t ..ill any..ne.
[23:22] Murska: He seems to hear Cessie and looks where he notices the air elemental. 'Hm?'
[23:23] Shadowcaller: (Well, the air elemental looks sort of like her right now >.>)
[23:23] Murska: (I assumed it's still just some distorted air)
[23:24] Shadowcaller: (Well, it can still be seen, I guess it have a female form, a bit like Yuki when she is in her spirit form.)
[23:25] Murska: 'You fight bravely. And give up in time. Get away.' Aegnor smacks the soldier with a sword. 'And don't come back.'
[23:26] Murska: The guy doesn't need much more, and stumbles into a run towards Kyou.
[23:26] Murska: Aegnor then waves everyone back once he's out of sight.
[23:26] Happy: They all gather around. "And now to destroy the bridge."
[23:26] Murska: 'Yeah. Grab all the gear that you can use.'
[23:27] Murska: 'There's a wounded soldier inside…'
[23:27] Shadowcaller: "Anything I …n do?"
[23:28] Murska: 'I don't think there's much. Just get ready to prepare the ambush. Is Arik anywhere close to being done?'
[23:28] Shadowcaller: "L..t me slip into m.. own body and .. will fin.. out."
[23:29] Shadowcaller: The air elemental goes back into its normally shapeless form
[23:29] Happy: As soon as it's gone, Hope says quietly to Aegnor. "Heal him? Or finish him?"
[23:29] Happy: "Cessie doesn't have to know."
[23:30] Murska: 'We can't take prisoners.'
[23:30] Murska: Aegnor goes inside the tower. Naib checks the bodies along with some other recruits to make sure they're dead.
[23:30] Happy: Hope nods, goes to the wounded man, and opens a few veins near the wound so he should bleed out before Cessie returns.
[23:30] Murska: The guy who jumped off the tower because of Yokai is finished off by an elf recruit.
[23:31] Shadowcaller: (So, how did it go for Arik?9
[23:31] Shadowcaller: *)
[23:31] Murska: Aegnor brings out two more crossbows from the tower along with a lot of bolts.
[23:32] Murska: (Arik killed the contignent in the second bridge quickly and blasted the bridge, the undead ambushed the convoy with few losses. Right now he's blasting the old bridge.)
[23:32] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[23:32] Shadowcaller: Cessie goes to check up with the others then
[23:32] Happy: Suroshian has a group of recruits search the tower for anything they can use.
[23:33] Shadowcaller: Hope might would have picked a more secretive way of finish someone >.<
[23:33] Shadowcaller: I mean… cut in the vein?
[23:33] Murska: In the already present wound?
[23:33] Shadowcaller: Ah, okay
[23:33] Shadowcaller: I missed that
[23:35] Murska: Aegnor takes some bolts for himself. Recruits take weaponry and supplies as much as they can easily carry. Aegnor talks with Hope and Suroshian: 'Hm. Do we really need to blow the bridge? The other one is already down, and we don't have much time.'
[23:35] Happy: "We can't have an army reaching Kyou while Arik is performing the ritual."
[23:36] Murska: 'Well, if they can fix one bridge in such a short time they can fix another.'
[23:36] Shadowcaller: Cessie goes up to then I guess "Wasn't there anyone wounded?"
[23:37] Happy: (Wait, I t hought he only destroyed the old bridge)
[23:37] Happy: "I didn't get to him in time," Hope says.
[23:37] Murska: (He also destroyed the second one, of course. He's the one with firepower enough to do that.)
[23:37] Happy: (Oh, okay)
[23:37] Happy: (yay uberwizard :P)
[23:38] Murska: Aegnor checks with the Yokai. /Are you all right?/
[23:38] Happy: /I will heal. It is good to taste battle again./
[23:38] Murska: /Without you, there'd have been a lot more wounded on our side. Thanks./
[23:39] Shadowcaller: "Oh, okay…"
[23:39] Happy: /This is my pack. I fight to protect them./
[23:39] Murska: The elf who was struck with a crossbow bolt is not in good enough shape to walk, but the wolfen who was hit is okay.
[23:39] Murska: Reasonably okay, that is.
[23:39] Happy: "Are you hurt? Or Aegnor?"
[23:39] Murska: 'I'm fine.'
[23:40] Shadowcaller: "I was never near the fight…"
[23:41] Murska: Aegnor gets to directing people around to take what they can and quickly get ready to go set up the ambush.
[23:41] Murska: (And at this point I'd like to know what Kyou has to send against us.)
[23:41] Shadowcaller: (You decide that >.>)
[23:42] Murska: (Eh. Well, how many wizards/witchars/other such people of note are there in the city?)
[23:42] Happy: Hope goes to heal the elf, and send scouts with news of the attack back to the reserves.
[23:42] Shadowcaller: (Not any wtichars thought.)
[23:42] Shadowcaller: *witchars
[23:43] Shadowcaller: (Alegias have manged to convince them to let him stay.)
[23:43] Shadowcaller: (Wizards/soldiers I guess.)
[23:43] Murska: (How many wizards total in the city? In the army, that is, of course)
[23:43] Happy: (And where are the Hidden Blade?)
[23:44] Shadowcaller: (Hey, you decide that >.>)
[23:44] Shadowcaller: (There are 4 wizards.)
[23:45] Shadowcaller: (5 including Jopo, but he is not going anywhere.)
[23:45] Murska: (What kind of wizards?)
[23:45] Happy: (they're on the People and Places page)
[23:45] Shadowcaller: (Lorani, a mind wizard, their leader.)
[23:46] Murska: (So the Hidden Blade is in town.)
[23:46] Shadowcaller: (They are.)
[23:46] Shadowcaller: (She mind rapes people, reads thier thoughts and such…)
[23:46] Shadowcaller: (What else did we have Happy?)
[23:46] Murska: Grandon - An old wizard whose powers are fading, specializes in ice and water. Member of the Hidden Blade. Adopted guardian of Taro
[23:47] Murska: Hasu - A warmage of the house of Khares. Member of the Hidden Blade
[23:47] Murska: Taro - a deformed and crippled wizard, adopted daughter of Grandon. Member of the Hidden Blade.
[23:47] Shadowcaller: Yes
[23:48] Shadowcaller: You decide which one of them who goes.)
[23:48] Murska: *evil grin*
[23:48] Shadowcaller: (>.>)
[23:48] Murska: Now, get to moving to the ambush, people.
[23:49] Happy: tonight? O.o
[23:49] Shadowcaller: We are already
[23:49] Murska: *shrug*
[23:49] Murska: Up for it.
[23:50] Happy: tomorrow
[23:50] Murska: 'kay
[23:50] Murska: I'll be leaving tomorrow though.
[23:50] Happy: oh…
[23:50] Happy: where to?
[23:50] Murska: Cabin
[23:50] Happy: how long? :(
[23:50] Murska: weekend
[23:50] Murska: It might have internet though.
[23:51] Murska: But parents'll keep me off it, even more probably. :P
[23:51] Happy: okay, i'll stay up >.>
[23:54] Shadowcaller: Me too I guess
[23:55] Shadowcaller: So… we are hiding i the forest then
[23:56] Murska: Set up the ambush.
[23:56] Happy: are the stolen crossbows more powerful than our own?
[23:56] Shadowcaller: I would think so yes
[23:56] Shadowcaller: Thhought crossbows are slower
[23:57] Shadowcaller: And less agile
[23:57] Murska: We have crossbows? Other than Michicoras
[23:57] Murska: which are more powerful
[23:57] Happy: the ones we just stole from the tower?
[23:57] Shadowcaller: He meant before
[23:57] Shadowcaller: Happy meant compared to the bows I guess
[23:57] Happy: we aren't fighting before. We're fighting now :P
[23:57] Happy: I'm trying to work out how to set up the ambush since our bows couldn't penetrate their armour
[23:58] Murska: Yes, the crossbows penetrate armour
[23:58] Murska: that's pretty much what they do
[23:58] Shadowcaller: Thats why you have them instead of bows really
[23:58] Murska: Also they're easier to use
[23:58] Murska: by far
[23:58] Murska: Longbows also penetrate armour.
[23:58] Shadowcaller: Yeah, but slower and heavier
[23:58] Happy: Then Hope distributes them to the Bowmen
[23:58] Murska: Cheaper, easier to mass-equip people with
[23:59] Murska: We had a total of 3 from the tower
[23:59] Shadowcaller: Bows got more range thought
[23:59] Murska: Two on one side of the road and one on the other, I guess
[23:59] Murska: Shortbows don't
[23:59] Shadowcaller: Certain kinds of bows
[23:59] Happy: With Michicora on the side with the one
[23:59] Murska: yeah
[23:59] Murska: Aegnor's with a longbow, and Hope also has a longbow
[23:59] Shadowcaller: Her's is a hand-cross bow
[00:00] Happy: Spearmen on one side, Wolfen on the other
[00:00] Shadowcaller: Its made for close range
[00:00] Murska: And archers all around.
[00:00] Shadowcaller: Where do we place the undead?
[00:00] Shadowcaller: Since Arik joins up with us and all
[00:01] Murska: The undead very much do not participate in this battle. >.>
[00:01] Murska: Arik on one side, Cessie on the other, I guess?
[00:01] Shadowcaller: Yes
[00:02] Happy: Uh, yeah, let's just tell the villagers 'oh hai, your dead relatives are going to help'
[00:02] Shadowcaller: The undead is there "in case of"
[00:02] Shadowcaller: I know:P
[00:02] Happy: they have to stay far off, or the wolfen will smell them
[00:02] Shadowcaller: Mhm
[00:02] Murska: Michicora on one side and two scouts on another are positioned a while towards Kyou from the ambush so they can report on it's size and composition.
[00:03] Shadowcaller: Hm, should we raise the dead soldiers?
[00:03] Happy: Aegnor and Cessie and Naib on one side, Michicora, Hope, and Arik on the other, right?
[00:03] Murska: That's Arik's discretion
[00:03] Murska: yah, works
[00:03] Shadowcaller: He will do it right away then
[00:03] Happy: spearman on Aegnor's side, woflen on Hope;s
[00:04] Murska: Eh, as in the dead soldiers = the ones who die in the battle?
[00:04] Murska: Much more effect. :P
[00:04] Shadowcaller: Yes
[00:04] Murska: Anyway, Yokai on Hope's side.
[00:05] Shadowcaller: Those undead soldiers… where to place them?
[00:06] Murska: Eh. I'd assume the best way would just be to raise the ones who fall in the ambush
[00:06] Murska: That oughta break morale.
[00:06] Happy: Definitely O.o
[00:06] Happy: But we don't want them surrendering
[00:06] Murska: Well… Easier to kill if they throw their weapons away.
[00:06] Happy: Yeah, but .. Cessie
[00:07] Shadowcaller: >.>
[00:07] Happy: We can't fake /all/ of them dying from wounds
[00:07] Murska: :P
[00:07] Happy: So it has to be Aegnor's decision
[00:07] Murska: Well, I guess she'll just have to understand what war is.
[00:07] Happy: Since he's the one who suffers the IC consequences
[00:08] Murska: Of course, Aegnor might just start the ambush off with playing sum' music… ;)
[00:08] Murska: 'Throwing down your weapons is a good idea!'
[00:08] Happy: Same problem… killing helpless people.
[00:08] Murska: Exactly.
[00:08] Murska: Better than killing people who kill back.
[00:08] Happy: If Aegnor's wiling to massacre in front of Cessie, then go ahead.
[00:09] Murska: Mm. Tough choice.
[00:09] Happy: Hope goes to talk to Arik alone.
[00:09] Shadowcaller: Besides, these troops are supported by a wizard
[00:09] Murska: Aegnor'll also want to talk to Arik.
[00:10] Happy: Hope doesn't mind him being there. Just not Cessie.
[00:10] Happy: "We have a small issue to prepare for," Hope says to him, when she's sure no one but Aegnor and Arik can hear.
[00:11] Shadowcaller: (she says that to who?=
[00:11] Murska: Arik
[00:11] Happy: yes
[00:11] Shadowcaller: "What is it? And why are you talking is such a low voice?"
[00:12] Happy: "Because it's about Cessie."
[00:12] Happy: (That should get his attention :P)
[00:12] Shadowcaller: "…what of it?"
[00:13] Happy: "You know we can't take prisoners. And you know how Cessie will feel about that. We can't afford for her to have a meltdown in the middle of all of this."
[00:13] Shadowcaller: "My lessons appears to have taught her nothing then…"
[00:14] Shadowcaller: "She is so idealistic."
[00:15] Happy: "Either we make sure that it looks like they all died fighting. Or we make sure she somehow isn't aware of what we're doing."
[00:16] Shadowcaller: "RIght, maybe you should leave that to me, I'm far more experienced about these kind of things then you are."
[00:16] Happy: (Aegnor say anything?)
[00:17] Murska: 'Anyway. Arik?'
[00:17] Shadowcaller: "Yes, what?"
[00:18] Murska: 'They might send one or two wizards with the group. Wizards have shields to protect them from crossbow bolts and arrows. Do you have something to take said shields down with?'
[00:18] Shadowcaller: "I suppose I have, but I don't really know how these wizards protect themselves."
[00:19] Murska: 'Okay, well, the wizard is the main target. So take him down as quickly as you find possible, or at least prevent him from dealing out damage to our forces.'
[00:20] Shadowcaller: "I will try my best.. also, *I* will kill the wizard, understood?"
[00:21] Murska: 'Eh. Anyone who finds himself in the position to do so will kill the wizard.'
[00:21] Shadowcaller: "It might improve our efforts, I need to drain the wizards soul."
[00:22] Shadowcaller: "I would let Cessie do it, but she is still far to moralic to do that…"
[00:22] Murska: 'Leaving him alive WILL impede our efforts. You have the best shot but if someone can kill the wizard, I'm not going to berate him for doing it.'
[00:22] Shadowcaller: "Maybe you can change her mind? She listens to you."
[00:22] Shadowcaller: "Well, as far as you can then."
[00:23] Happy: "No. Aegnor will not be able to change her mind." Hope says.
[00:23] Happy: "You make sure she's not traumatized by what we have to do. We need her."
[00:23] Murska: Everyone, meanwhile, is settling in to ambush positions, camouflaging themselves and such.
[00:24] Murska: Aegnor gets ready with the longbow, poisoned arrows.
[00:25] Murska: And such.
[00:25] Shadowcaller: Yes
[00:25] Murska: 'kay, everyone ready?
[00:26] Shadowcaller: (Who are close to Aegnor?)
[00:26] Happy: Hope has the non-elvish longbow
[00:26] Murska: I'd imagine Cessie's quite close to Aegnor, and he's near the middle of theline.
[00:26] Murska: so recruits aswell
[00:27] Shadowcaller: "I really hope so… if they got a wizard… I hope Arik can take her or him out."
[00:28] Murska: 'Yeah.'
[00:29] Murska: Meanwhile, Michicora is scouting for the column.
[00:29] Murska: She hears a quiet crack.
[00:31] Shadowcaller: She reacts immediately, looking in the direction of the crack while getting herself some cover
[00:32] Murska: A soldier with a green cloak and light leather armour with dark green markings is sneaking, pretty proficiently for a normal human, along the roadside in the forest.
[00:33] Shadowcaller: She follows him *very* silently, trying to see any weaknesses on the armor.
[00:33] Murska: Well, it's light leather armour. A, say, crossbow bolt would easily breach it.
[00:35] Shadowcaller: WHat direction is he going?
[00:35] Murska: Towards the ambush.
[00:36] Shadowcaller: Do she recognoze the armor from anywhere?
[00:36] Murska: *shrug* Does she know what the armour of the Green Hawk, the scout division of the Empire's army, looks like?
[00:37] Happy: (oh, just kill him already :P)
[00:37] Shadowcaller: She aims for the throat
[00:37] Murska: *thunk* *collapse* *blood*
[00:38] Shadowcaller: She carefully moves toward his body, checking for any other moment
[00:39] Murska: None, the scout seems to be alone.
[00:39] Shadowcaller: She searches his body then
[00:40] Murska: The man has a shortbow, some arrows, a short sword and a horn.
[00:40] Murska: Also stuff like fire-making equipment and such
[00:40] Murska: survival stuff
[00:40] Murska: Knife
[00:40] Shadowcaller: She takes the horn and the sword, then she leaves
[00:40] Murska: I'd assume she's still scouting for the column?
[00:41] Shadowcaller: She is
[00:41] Happy: The other scouts are as well
[00:42] Murska: She soon hears and then sees them approaching down the road.
[00:44] Shadowcaller: She quietly followd them looking for any wizard-like persons or any signs that they somehow could sense her, like last time
[00:45] Murska: (brb, constructing mental landscape)
[00:45] Shadowcaller: (Okay
)
[00:50] Murska: Okay, so. The enemy travels in a column. In the middle of it are three people on horses. All of them wear armour and are tall, soldier-looking people. One of them has the marks of a Lieutenant of the Guard, other one has medium armour and the third one's armour is odd, not the type the Empire uses.
[00:51] Murska: Around them are eight men in armour with black markings, walking in bodyguard formation. Around them marches the rest of the group; 40 soldiers, twelve of them with crossbows.
[00:52] Happy: O.o
[00:52] Happy: "Take out the ones with crossbows first," Hope sends the message down the line very quietly
[00:53] Murska: Michicora notices that one of the bodyguard troop is actually the man who sensed them last time. This time he is in heavy armour and doesn't seem to sense her.
[00:54] Shadowcaller: She maintains hidden
[00:54] Murska: (Shouldn't she go tell the others at some point?)
[00:54] Happy: Yokai awaits the message from Aegnor to attack.
[00:54] Happy: (Unless Cessie is telepathing with the scouts)
[00:55] Murska: (It might be noticed)
[00:55] Murska: They've decided that Aegnor's first arrow will be the sign when everyone shoots, spellcasts and whatever.
[00:56] Happy: The other scouts return and report, even if Michicora doesn't :P
[00:56] Murska: Michicora probably would. After all, that's what she's there for. :P
[00:56] Shadowcaller: She would
[00:57] Happy: I thought maybe she was so used to hunting alone that she forgot
[00:57] Shadowcaller: So, she returns and repports
[00:59] Murska: They get ready… ier
[00:59] Happy: Then we await Aegnor's first arrow.
[00:59] Happy: Everyone is aimed at a target.
[00:59] Murska: As the column marches into view, the recruits feel somewhat nervous.
[00:59] Happy: Does Hope recognize the one that sensed them before?
[01:00] Murska: Hmm. Probably not…
[01:00] Murska: He's on the opposite side from Hope
[01:00] Happy: Then she's aiming for one of the crossbow guys
[01:00] Shadowcaller: Michicora aims for the guys she seen before
[01:02] Murska: Aegnor's first arrow is aimed at the lieutenant. He's drawn it as far back as he can and is aiming directly at his chestplate to, at the very least, give him a nasty bruise or, at the best, penetrate his armour.
[01:02] Murska: (Hm. Now let's see. How to control da wizard…)
[01:05] Murska: Several things happen once Aegnor's arrow is launched. The man riding next to the lieutenant in medium armour jumps at the lieutenant, pushes him off his horse and catches an arrow straight through his throat. The third man jumps off his horse and starts gesturing with his hands, reacting faster than the rest of the group.
[01:05] Murska: (And then all of you shoot or whatever.)
[01:05] Happy: Yokai manifests at the back of the column and bitebiteclaws the farthest back.
[01:05] Shadowcaller: (Did we raise the soldiers at the tower?)
[01:06] Murska: (I don't think we did. At least nobody said we did.)
[01:06] Happy: Hope shoots her target
[01:06] Shadowcaller: (I said we did >.>)
[01:06] Happy: (You never placed them)
[01:06] Shadowcaller: (No, thats beacuse Murska said something about… bah never mind.)
[01:08] Shadowcaller: Cessie sends in her air elemental into the middle of the army, trying to draw attention from Yokai and the others + creating chaos
[01:08] Murska: Yokai's sudden appearance adds to the confusion caused by the arrows, bolts and possibly spells? In the first attack, Hope's command seems to have been heard. Seven of the crossbowmen drop, along with three normal soldiers. The bodyguard react, surrounding the fallen lieutenant and the third man, who casts a large fireball into the forest towards three members of the Dark Bow.
[01:09] Happy: (I hope Arik can stop that… »)
[01:09] Happy: Hope quickly reloads and shoots again
[01:09] Happy: Another crossbowman
[01:10] Shadowcaller: (He's on the other side thought >.>)
[01:10] Shadowcaller: (I think.)
[01:10] Happy: (Then hope Cessie can stop it)
[01:10] Happy: (Hope has wolfen and spears. Right)
[01:11] Shadowcaller: She casts dispel magic at the fireball I guess
[01:11] Murska: Hope's second arrow wounds a crossbowman. The enemy group together, the crossbowmen move behind the lines of swordsmen. More arrows fall upon the soldiers. The first crossbowbolts return fire but are, thus far, ineffective. The fireball is dispelled, although she could feel it was very powerful. The wizard turns towards where Cessie is hiding and raises his arm.
[01:12] Murska: The Lieutenant gets up and starts shouting orders.
[01:12] Happy: (Oooh, Arik won't like that…)
[01:12] Shadowcaller: Well, she raises her shield and attempts to get away as fast as possible
[01:12] Shadowcaller: Knowing her luck has run out
[01:12] Happy: Yokai demanifests, swarms through the group howling, and manifests right at the Lieutenant's back.
[01:12] Happy: Omnomnom
[01:12] Murska: (Arik hasn't done anything?)
[01:13] Shadowcaller: (He is planning to.)
[01:13] Happy: (He's had two rounds now)
[01:13] Shadowcaller: (Charging up
)
[01:14] Murska: The bodyguard surrounding the Lieutenant react very quickly. A blue bolt of energy courses through the air towards where Cessie was. Yokai's claws tear through the heavy armour on the back of the Lieutenant, but the bodyguard attack it mercilessly and the wizard nearby seems to activate some sort of a prepared spell, blasting it with lightning from close range.
[01:14] Happy: Yokai demanifests, I assume badly wounded D=
[01:15] Murska: The crossbowmen have started to aim better. A wolfen gets struck in the chest and falls to the ground. On the other side, an elf gets his arm pinned to a tree.
[01:15] Shadowcaller: From the other side of the forest there is a loud hissing noise and a barrage of balls of pure blackness descends upon the army, all aimed near the wizard
[01:15] Shadowcaller: "army"
[01:16] Happy: Hope continues firing arrows from cover, as fast as she can.
[01:16] Murska: Acting on the Lieutenant's orders, the swordsmen attack towards the treeline. More of them fall to the arrows, but not enough. The black balls seem to strike an invisible shield near the wizard, who raises both of his arms towards Arik's location.
[01:17] Happy: Are they charging?
[01:17] Murska: Yup.
[01:17] Murska: The bodyguard stay put around the important people
[01:17] Happy: The spearmen set their spears then
[01:18] Murska: The fight reaches the treelines and turns into a more-or-less chaotic melee.
[01:18] Shadowcaller: A blue beam strikes the shield and suddenly something flies out of the forest
[01:18] Happy: (No impaling?)
[01:18] Murska: (Not much. They're well-trained.)
[01:19] Shadowcaller: Cessie is trying to recover, the air elemental is still trying to chocke as many soldiers as possible
[01:19] Murska: The shield holds, although barely. Arik's location is washed in blue-hot flames. The blue bolt which was fired at where Cessie had been barely misses her and strikes down a tree.
[01:19] Shadowcaller: Michicora fires off some arrows at guards
[01:20] Murska: Aegnor fires off an arrow before facing an approaching soldier.
[01:20] Shadowcaller: (Where exaclty did they fire those blue bolts? At the flying thing?)
[01:20] Murska: (Where Arik had shot the first attack from.)
[01:21] Shadowcaller: (Okay… I guess it hits Ariks shielf then.)
[01:21] Murska: The forest is lit aflame. It was an AoE attack
[01:22] Shadowcaller: Arik flies out of the forest, and then there is more of him…
[01:22] Murska: At this point, on both sides of the road there's a clash in melee. The soldiers are better armed and armoured.
[01:22] Happy: Hope and her men fight in melee.
[01:22] Shadowcaller: There are five Arik's
[01:22] Shadowcaller: (oh dear:P)
[01:22] Happy: (Tell me when Yokai has regenerated enough to return)
[01:23] Shadowcaller: (all flying in quite differnet directions.)
[01:23] Murska: As soon as the warmage sees the Ariks, he smirks and sends white, guiding, bolts after them.
[01:23] Murska: (If those hit a shield or other magical effect, they drain it)
[01:24] Shadowcaller: (Okay, so I guess his shield is weakened then, this should be the warmages speciallity after all.)
[01:24] Happy: (Raise undead, Arik!)
[01:25] Shadowcaller: The Ariks land on the ground, one of them quite close to a soldier, it sends a hold person spell at him
[01:26] Murska: Naib catches a swordstrike at him with his left arm, and the soldier is shocked by the impact being so hard as to almost knock his sword out of his grip. A loud clang is heard. Naib takes advantage of the suprise of the enemy and strikes his face with his fingers, poking his eyes out.
[01:26] Shadowcaller: Ouch
[01:26] Murska: The man screams, but a strike to the throat silences him quickly.
[01:26] Happy: As soon as the battle gets to Melee, Hope is fighting with sword and dagger, in barbarian rage
[01:26] Shadowcaller: Cessie is still not really into the battle yes
[01:26] Shadowcaller: *yet
[01:27] Shadowcaller: SHe is still quite shocked of that falling tree
[01:27] Shadowcaller: Shes hiding at the moment
[01:27] Murska: A soldier is holdpersoned, the warmage keeps sending barrages of magical energy at all the Ariks
[01:27] Murska: Aegnor is fighting with a sword, keeping his distance when possible, helping his men and throwing daggers.
[01:28] Shadowcaller: Arik touches the soldier and drains his life energy and soul, thus restoring his shields energy
[01:28] Shadowcaller: 3 Ariks are down
[01:28] Murska: A crossbow bolt flies towards Michicora
[01:28] Murska: One of the bodyguards is loading the Lieutenant on a horse.
[01:28] Murska: The others are in a ring around him and the wizard
[01:29] Murska: One of them has fallen to a crossbow bolt
[01:29] Shadowcaller: I guess she manages to dodge it at the last second, the jumps of of her tree and takes cover
[01:29] Murska: She gets a small wound onto her arm.
[01:29] Shadowcaller: The real Arik is trying to drain any soldiers near him
[01:29] Murska: Some crossbow bolts fly towards Arik, and the warmage concentrates his attacks on the remaining two Ariks.
[01:29] Happy: (Is Yokai regenerated yet?)
[01:30] Murska: (He's wounded quite badly but capable of manifesting)
[01:31] Murska: One of the bodyguards saddles the horse the Lieutenant is on and starts riding away from the battle, towards Kyou.
[01:31] Shadowcaller: Now only one Arik remains, the last one sends black energy to meet the wizards spells, he ignores the crossbos that bounches against his shield
[01:31] Shadowcaller: (not that they would have that good effect against a lich anyway >.>)
[01:31] Murska: The ground under Arik suddenly explodes upwards at him.
[01:31] Murska: (They can shatter bones, I suppose.)
[01:31] Shadowcaller: (did he get any other soldiers to drain before that?)
[01:32] Murska: (One. Mostly they're locked in melee, the one he got was a slightly wounded crossbowman)
[01:32] Murska: Wolfen are taking lots of casualties in the form of wounded and some dead.
[01:32] Murska: The spears are faring slightly better, but still have many out of commission aswell
[01:33] Shadowcaller: He is thrown back his shields still hold, but he now dissapears from sight, sending one last blue bold against the wizard
[01:33] Murska: Naib, Hope and Aegnor are taking down soldiers in melee.
[01:33] Shadowcaller: (he is invisible.)
[01:33] Shadowcaller: *bolt
[01:33] Murska: The wizard starts murmuring something, the bolt is deflected towards the forest.
[01:33] Happy: Yokai manifests at the melee, to help protect his people.
[01:33] Shadowcaller: A few of the dead soldiers are starting to raise again
[01:34] Shadowcaller: These aren't zombies, but ghouls
[01:34] Shadowcaller: So they are quite fast
[01:34] Happy: He attacks as many soldiers as he can before he needs to demanifest and heal.
[01:34] Murska: At first this isn't noticed in the chaos. The warmage flies somewhat above the battle, still murmuring.
[01:35] Murska: Yokai's attacks are strong against the soldiers, since his claws just rip through their armour.
[01:35] Shadowcaller: Arik is retreating into the forest, still rasing any dead he can find
[01:35] Murska: He seems to be a popular target for crossbows though.
[01:35] Shadowcaller: Including wolfen and elves
[01:35] Murska: Suddenly Arik's invisibility disappears. The warmage fires a beam of red at him.
[01:37] Happy: Suroshian and Hope try to rally the troops, protecting the wounded, and keeping morale up.
[01:37] Shadowcaller: The shield smatters, sending Arik flying, but he don't appear to have taken that much damage however, he sends of a blue bold in respond and creates another two illussions of himself that all flies of in different directions
[01:37] Shadowcaller: Arik is retreating
[01:37] Murska: The recruits are, luckily, in a too chaotic battle to notice actually how many of them have fallen.
[01:38] Shadowcaller: Cessie manges to get herself up, looking over the battle field from her position
[01:38] Murska: The warmage doesn't manage to stop the bolt in time, and it incinerates one of the Bodyguard.
[01:38] Murska: The horse-bodyguard with the lieutenant flees the scene along the road
[01:38] Murska: towards Kyou
[01:39] Happy: (We're supposed to completely eliminate this team,r ight?)
[01:39] Murska: (Yup.)
[01:39] Shadowcaller: What dose she see?
[01:39] Murska: (Michicora is hiding near the road)
[01:39] Happy: Yokai flies that way, demanifested, and howls in the horses faces.
[01:39] Murska: Cessie senses the high-strength magical battle going on, along with the screams and shouts of the wounded.
[01:40] Murska: She sees the bodyguard clump on the road.
[01:40] Shadowcaller: The ghouls… they ought to start notice them by now.P
[01:40] Murska: The horse jumps on it's hindlegs and the men are thrown off it's back
[01:40] Murska: The ghouls tear into the soldiers from behind. The crossbowmen are killed by one of their companions. The first time in the battle, the enemies start to waver.
[01:41] Shadowcaller: Arik should be quite far into the forst by now, only the illusions are flying around
[01:41] Shadowcaller: *forest
[01:42] Murska: The warmage dispels them pretty fast and starts blasting at the recruits next.
[01:42] Murska: Two wolfen fall to red bolts of energy.
[01:42] Murska: Aegnor breaks through the soldiers near him, raises his bow again and shoots at the warmage floating above the battle, to no effect.
[01:43] Shadowcaller: Cessie sends a fireball into the middle of the imperial soldiers
[01:43] Murska: The warmage turns his attention to the ghouls and starts killing them with bolts.
[01:43] Murska: Cessie's fireball cooks one bodyguard.
[01:43] Happy: Hope orders her men to fall back into the forest.
[01:43] Murska: A crossbowelf on our side kills another
[01:43] Shadowcaller: Quite hard to see which ones are ghouls and which ones are soildiers howver
[01:43] Murska: He can sense it.
[01:44] Shadowcaller: Okay
[01:44] Murska: The soldiers retreat from the treeline, pitifully small in number.
[01:44] Shadowcaller: By now, Arik has risen his shield again
[01:44] Happy: Hope does a quick count of her own men.
[01:44] Murska: Arrows fly towards them from scattered positions while the warmage kills the undead.
[01:44] Shadowcaller: Michicora looks up from her position and aims a bolt at a soldiers throat
[01:45] Murska: Hope's side had the wolfen? Only seven are unwounded. Most of the others are wounded quite badly. You can't get a full count, there are many lying around
[01:45] Happy: Yokai attacks the lieutenant again.
[01:45] Happy: "Get the wounded and fall back."
[01:45] Murska: Michicora's bolt kills one more of the soldiers. The bodyguard protects the lieutenant with his life, Yokai slaughters them both but is slashed yet again.
[01:45] Happy: She heals those who are nearest to death.
[01:45] Murska: The elves also retreat, ordered by Aegnor, gathering their wounded.
[01:46] Happy: (lietenant is alone now?)
[01:46] Murska: (dead)
[01:46] Shadowcaller: Arik is going towards the wolfen and the elves
[01:46] Murska: Three bodyguards left
[01:46] Murska: along with eight soldiers.
[01:46] Murska: The warmage casts a shield around them to protect them from the arrows flying from around the forest
[01:46] Happy: HOpe sends everyone badly wounded or with only melee weapons back further, while taking bowmen forward.
[01:47] Murska: They start retreating towards Kyou on foot.
[01:47] Shadowcaller: Cessie don't want to stand against he warmage right now and is not using any magic at all
[01:48] Murska: Aegnor tries to find her.
[01:48] Shadowcaller: Hope can see see Arik emerging from the forest
[01:48] Shadowcaller: (from the deeper part of it that is.)
[01:48] Murska: On Aegnor's side, the elves with melee weapons are with the wounded, tending to them the best they can, while the crossbow and bowelves are following the enemy in the forest.
[01:49] Shadowcaller: "Where are the dying? The wounded?" He asks her, looking around.
[01:49] Happy: Hope has her men pick up crossbows from the dead soldiers, if they see any.
[01:49] Murska: The crossbows of the soldiers are on the road, in clear view of the warmage.
[01:49] Happy: "They fell back. Can't you get that shield down?"
[01:49] Murska: >.>
[01:50] Happy: They don't pick those up then…
[01:50] Murska: Who's floating not that high above the slowly retreating remnants of the enemy.
[01:50] Shadowcaller: "I'm going to, if you show me someone to drain."
[01:50] Murska: There is still, miraculously, a horse standing in the middle of the road
[01:50] Murska: slightly wounded by an arrow
[01:51] Murska: The other two have fled due to Yokai and the lack of people on top of thme.
[01:52] Happy: "Don't you dare drain any of my men." HOpe hisses.
[01:52] Shadowcaller: "Then show me a better target! Most of them are going to die anyway, meaningless deaths…"
[01:53] Happy: Hope looks for a wounded enemy.
[01:53] Murska: The enemy keeps getting farther. Aegnor's ranged units follow them in the forest.
[01:53] Shadowcaller: (the horse maybe?)
[01:53] Happy: Since Hope is busy with Arik, Suroshian leads the bowmen on his side.
[01:53] Murska: The undead killed most wounded but there is one with a large, Yokai-caused gash quite near the treeline, who's still breathing
[01:53] Murska: he's a hopeless case, though.
[01:54] Happy: Hope points him out to Arik.
[01:54] Shadowcaller: "Perfect…"
[01:55] Shadowcaller: Arik proceds slowlt draining (to have a better effect) this persons soul and remanining life.
[01:55] Shadowcaller: *slowly
[01:55] Shadowcaller: *remaining
[01:55] Murska: (What's Cessie doing? Aegnor was trying to find her from where she had been stationed and noticed the destroyed tree)
[01:55] Happy: Hope sprints after her men.
[01:56] Shadowcaller: I guess he finds her, I wasn't sure Aegnor knew about her location
[01:57] Murska: 'Are you okay?'
[01:57] Happy: Shooting arrows at the remaining soldiers, but staying under cover.
[01:57] Shadowcaller: "Yes, I'm okay. I hardly did anything…"
[01:57] Murska: The arrows strike thin air a certain distance from the soldiers and either break or bounce to the ground.
[01:57] Shadowcaller: "By Atari.. I didn't do anything."
[01:57] Murska: 'Stay with the wounded, I'll have to go chase the enemy.' And Aegnor runs off.
[01:58] Happy: Yokai stays with the wounded as well, to protect them.
[01:58] Shadowcaller: A soul blast aimed at the warmage comes from the forest
[01:58] Murska: Whuzzat?
[01:59] Shadowcaller: Basically magic powered by life and soul energy
[01:59] Shadowcaller: (soul energy is like memories.)
[01:59] Shadowcaller: (Its hard to explain.)
[02:00] Murska: It also strikes the shield but penetrates it without weakening much. It hits the warmage's personal shield, which flickers and dies. The warmage responds with four firebolts at where the soul blast came from.
[02:00] Happy: (Like the energy that fuels the legion)
[02:00] Shadowcaller: (Yes, exactly.)
[02:01] Shadowcaller: All the firebolts hits Ariks corpse shield
[02:02] Shadowcaller: Blue bolts are fired back at the warmage
[02:02] Murska: The warmage dispels them and returns fire. He pulls out something.
[02:02] Happy: One of the wounded elves tries to call to the horse to get it to come out of the road and join him.
[02:03] Murska: The horse doesn't react in any way.
[02:03] Murska: It's the warmage's horse.
[02:03] Shadowcaller: Arik casts a few dispel magic at the warmage
[02:03] Shadowcaller: Cessie looks up again and notices the fight, she feels it
[02:04] Murska: The warmage raises his arm, in which he has two emeralds. He tosses them towards the general area of forest Arik is and they shatter in midair. Both Arik and Cessie can feel the surge of power.
[02:05] Shadowcaller: Arik tosses up more corpses as a shield around him, just before the emerlads impacts
[02:06] Murska: The trees fall as a large area centered on Arik is blasted in green flames.
[02:06] Happy: Hope and Suroshian's men keep sending arrows, as they try to see if the shield is still up
[02:06] Murska: Arrows still hit the shield but an elf-launched crossbow bolt penetrates it. Unluckily, it also misses the soldiers.
[02:07] Murska: Aegnor shoots with his longbow, standing on the edge of the road some way from the soldiers. The arrow also penetrates the shield and sticks into the arm of one of the soldiers.
[02:08] Shadowcaller: Arik is drowned in green fire, the corpses are packed thightly around him along with his shield
[02:09] Murska: The power temporarily drowns out the senses of the wizards, the warmage stops casting to see the effects.
[02:09] Happy: Arrow spamming continues
[02:10] Shadowcaller: Well, Ariks own personal illusion is gone along with any other magical effect he had put on himself. Arik is basically under a pile of charred corpses
[02:10] Shadowcaller: Still "alive" thought
[02:10] Murska: The warmage strengthens the shield after another bolt passes through and kills a soldier.
[02:11] Murska: He then, apparently satisfied with his spell, turns towards the people shooting at his soldiers.
[02:11] Shadowcaller: His first shield broke right?
[02:11] Happy: (How many soldiers does he have left?)
[02:11] Murska: (Seven, one wounded/poisoned, three bodyguards)
[02:11] Murska: (total 10)
[02:12] Murska: The warmage's personal shield was drained and is slowly recovering on it's own
[02:12] Happy: When he starts turning his attention back to her men, Hope has them retreat.
[02:12] Shadowcaller: As is Ariks, he is not that weakened, just sacrificed all his magical effects to survive
[02:12] Happy: "I don't think we can eliminate them," she says quietly to Suroshian.
[02:13] Shadowcaller: Cessie is not sure what to do really
[02:13] Shadowcaller: She could…
[02:13] Murska: He blasts at anything launching arrows at him, but with noticeably less power.
[02:13] Murska: The warmage drops to the ground and starts walking.
[02:13] Shadowcaller: In what direction?
[02:13] Happy: Hope starts pulling her men back towards the wounded.
[02:14] Murska: With the soldiers.
[02:15] Shadowcaller: /Aegnor?/ (Cessie)
[02:15] Murska: /What? Are you all right?/
[02:15] Shadowcaller: (What happend to her air elemental anyway?)
[02:15] Murska: (It died to the warmage blasting undead.)
[02:15] Murska: (It did suffocate two crossbowmen and a soldier
[02:15] Shadowcaller: /We must kill that wizard, he is weakened./
[02:16] Shadowcaller: /I could send of fireballs… another air elemental./
[02:16] Murska: /Well yeah, but our arrows don't really do much./
[02:16] Murska: /Fireballs would probably hit the soldiers around him, and he isn't completely helpless either./
[02:17] Shadowcaller: /Arik is still alive, he's saying he is preparing something…/
[02:18] Happy: (He never tells anyone what he's preparing -.- )
[02:18] Murska: /'something', eh? Well, it better be good./
[02:19] Shadowcaller: /As long as he don't risk his life doing it…/
[02:19] Murska: (What life. :P)
[02:19] Murska: /We've all risked our lives. But if they get back, all we've managed to do is create a lot of dead on both sides./
[02:20] Murska: (Yokai's getting better.)
[02:20] Happy: Yokai tries to go through the shield demanifested then
[02:20] Murska: (And what's Michi doing?)
[02:20] Murska: The shield doesn't impede him in any way
[02:21] Happy: Manifest and nom wizard.
[02:21] Shadowcaller: (I think she is still hiding seeing she can't do anything against the mage.)
[02:21] Murska: The soldiers are too tightly packed to manifest right next to the wizard
[02:21] Murska: I'm assuming he can't manifest inside someone
[02:21] Murska: >.>
[02:21] Happy: Then he manifests over him
[02:22] Murska: Yokai falls on the suprised wizard, whose personal shield blocks the first claw swipe. He falls to the ground, the bodyguard raise their weapons to slash at Yokai and the wizard blasts him from close range with a multitude of different bolts in desperation.
[02:24] Shadowcaller: Cessie fires of a fireball and a dispel magic at the wizard
[02:24] Murska: Aegnor shoots with his longbow, which passes through the shield again and breaks through the hand of a bodyguard
[02:25] Murska: The wizard is burnt, trying to blast Yokai off him, but he manages to block most of the blast. His other arm reaches into his clothing for something.
[02:25] Happy: Yokai bites at the wizard's head, and demanifests
[02:25] Murska: Yokai has horrendous burns
[02:25] Murska: the Wizard is wounded and burnt aswell
[02:25] Murska: One of the bodyguards tries to help him up while another's ripping an arrow off his arm
[02:25] Happy: Yokai flees
[02:26] Murska: One of the soldiers collapses
[02:26] Murska: the others decide to carry him
[02:26] Murska: Aegnor shoots again, but this time the arrow hits the chestplate of a bodyguard and breaks.
[02:27] Shadowcaller: Arik feels the magic and raises once again, now without his illusion
[02:28] Murska: raises what?
[02:28] Happy: (himself off the ground?)
[02:28] Shadowcaller: Well, out of the pile of charred corpses
[02:28] Murska: rises, I assume, then
[02:28] Murska: sure, he does that
[02:28] Murska: the charred corpses do not appreciate this but also do not stop him.
[02:28] Murska: >.>
[02:30] Murska: (Er. Other people aren't, say, shooting at the soldiers or whatever?)
[02:30] Happy: (Yeah, Hope's group keeps shooting)
[02:31] Shadowcaller: Michicora is still aiming and shooting at the soldiers
[02:31] Murska: Arrows and crossbow bolts face no barrier now, except the armour on the soldiers. Three more soldiers fall and they finally break and start running. The bodyguards carry the wizard and one of the soldiers is carrying the collapsed one.
[02:32] Murska: The wizard soon gets on his own feet.
[02:33] Murska: An arrow slices through a torn piece of fabric hanging off his body.
[02:33] Shadowcaller: Arik is going in the direction of the wizard
[02:33] Murska: The wizard takes something again and seems to be going to consume it.
[02:34] Happy: Hope aims an arrow at what he's consuming.
[02:34] Murska: He moves his hand out of the way just in time, Hope's arrow causes him to drop it. He swears and stops to pick it up. (Now's your chance!)
[02:35] Murska: A bodyguard dies to Michicora's crossbow bolt
[02:35] Happy: (waiting on SC…)
[02:35] Shadowcaller: (hey, sorry.)
[02:35] Murska: The other two bodyguards stop with the wizard, knowing he's their chance of getting out of this alive.
[02:36] Shadowcaller: Well, Arik is continuing towards the wizard, I guess Cessie is casting another fireball towards him as he is not sending back anything against her
[02:37] Happy: Hope aims her arrow at the wizard.
[02:37] Murska: The fireball fizzles out somewhat as it passes the personal shield of the wizard, the shield's getting a bit mad at not being allowed to regenerate in peace. It doesn't burn the wizard much.
[02:37] Murska: A bodyguard blocks
[02:37] Murska: Hope's arrow
[02:37] Murska: it hits his chestplate
[02:38] Happy: Another arrow
[02:38] Murska: (They really need shields)
[02:38] Shadowcaller: Arik is rising any dead soldier on hsi way to the wizard
[02:38] Shadowcaller: *his
[02:38] Murska: Arik was in the forest on the side of the soldiers, right?
[02:38] Shadowcaller: Yes
[02:38] Murska: The dead soldiers are on the road
[02:38] Murska: so if he's going straight for the wizard
[02:38] Murska: he won't meet any
[02:38] Shadowcaller: Wait… he was on Hopes side
[02:39] Murska: Yeah, but either side of the road is 'on the side of the soldiers'
[02:39] Murska: as in not 'behind or in front of them'
[02:40] Murska: A soldier carrying an unconscious soldier is killed by an arrow and falls to the ground.
[02:40] Shadowcaller: How many arrows do they have anyway? >.<
[02:40] Happy: Suroshian throws a spear
[02:40] Happy: (we looted them from the tower >.> )
[02:40] Murska: The last soldier runs off very quickly. :P
[02:41] Shadowcaller: I guess Arik goes without undead then
[02:41] Happy: one soldier and one wizard left?
[02:41] Murska: A bodyguard manages to strike the flying spear so it's slightly deflected and doesn't penetrate his armour
[02:41] Murska: 2 bodyguard, one soldier
[02:41] Murska: and warmage
[02:41] Happy: A wolfen leaps out of the woods onto the escaping soldier.
[02:41] Shadowcaller: Like jack in the box:P
[02:41] Murska: (Aw, I was hoping Yokai'd manifest in front of him. :P)
[02:42] Happy: Hope continues shooting arrows at the warmage.
[02:42] Shadowcaller: Cessie casts dispel magic at the warmage
[02:42] Murska: The soldier soils his pants. And dies, embarrassed.
[02:42] Happy: (Yokai was almost killed by a fireball and a bunch of stabbities)
[02:42] Murska: The warmage grasps whatever he was going to ingest and ignores the pain of an arrow tearing a wound into his side.
[02:42] Shadowcaller: Then she summons another air elemental and sends it against the soldiers
[02:43] Murska: The dispel magic doesn't do much that you can see
[02:43] Shadowcaller: Well, any remaning spells…
[02:43] Shadowcaller: Arik is still going toward the wizard, the air elemental is going much faster woard the wizard
[02:44] Murska: The wizard tosses said something into his mouth and his personal shield flickers to life again.
[02:44] Shadowcaller: *toward
[02:44] Happy: (Gah!)
[02:44] Murska: The air elemental starts choking the bodyguards, who drop their swords at the instinctual grasping one's throat thing
[02:46] Shadowcaller: Cessie casts sleep and hold person, both aimed at the wizard
[02:46] Murska: They strike the now-much-faster-recharging shield. The warmage gets up and raises an arm towards Cessie again
[02:47] Shadowcaller: She casts dispel magic, as a counter to whatever he is casting
[02:47] Shadowcaller: Hoping her own shield will hold
[02:47] Shadowcaller: Arik is still gointoward the wizard >.>
[02:47] Shadowcaller: *going toward
[02:48] Shadowcaller: Her last dispel magic thouht
[02:48] Murska: A red beam, the same which sent Arik flying, strikes Cessie's dispel magic and blasts through it, somewhat weakened. Aegnor shouts for Cessie to get down. (Arik's slow…)
[02:48] Shadowcaller: *thought
[02:48] Shadowcaller: She gets down
[02:49] Murska: She can feel the beam's heat as it rips through her shield, inches from her. It proceeds to blast through some trees.
[02:49] Murska: Aegnor runs towards her.
[02:49] Happy: Hope charges the wizard, sword and dagger
[02:49] Murska: (I guess we've burnt another forest.)
[02:49] Happy: (snow)
[02:49] Happy: (shouldn't spread much)
[02:50] Murska: The wizard dispels the air elemental, and the bodyguards cough, falling on their knees
[02:50] Murska: Hope and Naib rush out of the forest at the wizard who grins and pulls out a sword.
[02:50] Shadowcaller: I guess Arik casts fly then
[02:51] Murska: Aegnor crouches next to Cessie. 'Are you okay?'
[02:51] Happy: Hope is in full barbarian rage, and charges with sword in front to skewer the mage, with her full weight behind it
[02:51] Murska: Michicora's bolt kills one of the bodyguards. Always the effective one.
[02:52] Murska: The mage sidesteps the attack and swings his sword at her.
[02:52] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, its nothing- I'm okay." SHe looks a bit bothered but okay
[02:52] Murska: Aegnor quickly looks her over for injuries and tries to help her up and somewhere away from this spot.
[02:52] Shadowcaller: Arik now flying toward the wizard, speed of the plot >.>
[02:52] Murska: (Eh. :P)
[02:53] Murska: Naib reaches the wizard aswell and punches out at him. His armour is torn, but his wounds are healed.
[02:53] Murska: (The wizard's )
[02:53] Shadowcaller: Do cessie feel any burns or anything?
[02:54] Murska: She's a bit scratched by the whole jumping at the ground thing but no injuries
[02:54] Murska: The wizard raises his other arm to block Naib's first punch and swings his sword again after Hope dodged the first one.
[02:54] Murska: The sword is long, one-handed, looks quite light.
[02:54] Murska: The blade has runes and markings.
[02:55] Happy: As Hope misses the wizard and overshoots him, she brings up the dagger, thrusting upwards.
[02:56] Murska: The wizard flicks his sword at the dagger at unbelievable speed, the sword must be REALLY light, blocking it and almost knocking it out of her hand.
[02:56] Murska: The last bodyguard falls to a random crossbow bolt so he'd stop bothering me.
[02:56] Happy: Hope spins and tries to backstab with the sword.
[02:57] Shadowcaller: Cessie is getting up again "Where are the others? Where is hope?"
[02:58] Murska: Naib sends a flurry of punches at the wizard, who leaps away, dodging both the swordswing and most of the force of the punches.
[02:58] Murska: Now that both his opponents are on the same side, he brings his sword in front of him.
[02:59] Murska: Aegnor looks around. 'I think they're still fighting. Are you sure you'll be fine?'
[02:59] Shadowcaller: "Yes- yes." She nods "I will be fine, don't worry.""
[02:59] Happy: Hope looks to Naib, gives a nod, and starts circling the wizard one direction, expecting Naib to go the other.
[03:00] Shadowcaller: "This ring, I think I can put up another shield."
[03:00] Murska: Naib does, but before they encircle the wizard he steps towards Naib, who seems unarmed, and deals out a flurry of strikes with his sword rivalling the speed of Naib's punches.
[03:00] Murska: Naib brings his left arm in front of him to block them, but as they connect, bolts of electricity course at him.
[03:00] Happy: Hope launches her own attack, trying to flank.
[03:01] Murska: Hope's sword hits the wizard's side, adding another wound to it, but he moves too quickly for it to be very deep.
[03:01] Murska: Naib stumbles backwards
[03:01] Murska: 'Do so. I'll go help them finish off that wizard.'
[03:02] Happy: Hope looks for an opening, expecting the warmage to take advantage of Naib's stumble.
[03:02] Happy: (Link: http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/murskapunk.png)http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/murskapunk.png
[03:03] Murska: The warmage is grinning. 'What kind of a fighting technique is that? A metal arm?' He says this in Kyouen. He turns to Hope as Naib stumbles backwards, unable to control his movements properly.
[03:03] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, I can still cast spell…"
[03:03] Shadowcaller: She seems to get an idea and casts invisibility on Aegnor
[03:04] Shadowcaller: "There.."
[03:04] Murska: 'Thanks.' Aegnor runs towards the battle.
[03:04] Shadowcaller: SHe follows up
[03:04] Shadowcaller: *him
[03:04] Murska: Arrows at the warmage are deflected by his shield, but for some reason Hope's sword did cut it.
[03:04] Happy: Hope remains crouched, waiting for him to attack this time.
[03:05] Murska: The wizard moves his sword like it's weightless, striking from above at first but turning it into a horizontal slash in the blink of an eye.
[03:05] Murska: 'What's someone like you doing here? You look like a northern barbarian.'
[03:06] Happy: (language?_
[03:06] Murska: (Still Kyouen)
[03:06] Happy: Hope strikes out with the sword at whatever opening she can find.
[03:06] Happy: She doesn't speak Kyouen well enough to answer.
[03:07] Murska: She can't really see openings since the man's sword moves so quickly. Meanwhile, Naib seems to get ahold of himself.
[03:07] Murska: Hope can barely shield herself, and the blows hit like hammers despite the sword seeming so light.
[03:07] Happy: Then Hope concentrates on keeping his full attention on herself.
[03:08] Happy: In the hopes that someone else can get an attack in.
[03:08] Happy: She's in full barbarian rage, snarling and attacking.
[03:08] Murska: Aegnor approaches. Naib touches his left arm and mutters something before running towards the wizard from behind.
[03:08] Murska: Hope receives two cuts, one to her arm and one to her side.
[03:08] Shadowcaller: (Cessie too then I guess?)
[03:09] Murska: (You control her.)
[03:09] Shadowcaller: (well I said she followed Aegnor.)
[03:09] Murska: (Yeah, well, she's following Aegnor then)
[03:09] Shadowcaller: (That is invisible.)
[03:09] Murska: (yeah)
[03:10] Murska: Aegnor takes out Godslayer in the hopes it might cut through any shielding spells.
[03:10] Happy: Hope doesn't look at Naib at all, hoping the warmage considers him out of the fight
[03:10] Happy: She attacks ferociously, leaving herself slightly vulnerable to focus on attack rather than defense, so that he can't let up on her for an instant.
[03:11] Murska: The personal shield attempts to take the impact of Naib's blow, with his left hand, towards the back of the wizard's head. The wizard is knocked at Hope, whose sword clangs against his. The burst of electricity shocks her arm as they both have the air knocked out of them, hitting the ground.
[03:11] Shadowcaller: In the meanwhile, lets say Arik started this way later
[03:12] Murska: The wizard quickly attempts to get up. 'Ouch…'
[03:12] Happy: Hope rises to one knee with a vicious upward stab to the groin.
[03:13] Murska: Aegnor runs to him, invisible, and stabs his back with the Godslayer. The shield weakens this impact aswell, but he's still cut deeply. Hope's strike bypasses his sword and, although it's partly deflected off it's mark by the shield, leaves him a very nasty cut into his leg where he'd probably have a nasty scar to scare the ladies with later on in his life. If he'd have a later life, that is.
[03:14] Murska: 'Too confident…' He jumps back and points his sword at Aegnor, who's now visible.
[03:14] Shadowcaller: Cessie who starts running out on useful spells cast hold person on the wizard
[03:15] Happy: Hope drops the dagger, takes her sword in both hands, and attempts to plunge it into his back.
[03:15] Murska: Aegnor jumps sideways as a bolt of lightning strikes him. The wizard's movements slow down quite noticeably after Cessie's spell.
[03:15] Murska: That's one of the reasons Hope's strike gets through. The wizard is still grinning, even though there's a horrible wound in his back. 'Finally… someone…'
[03:16] Murska: He swings the sword around, striking at Hope's head behind his back.
[03:16] Murska: Aegnor's clothes are smoking slightly.
[03:16] Murska: He's on the ground.
[03:17] Murska: Naib runs towards the wizard to punch him again.
[03:17] Happy: How badly is Hope wounded?
[03:18] Murska: She's got some cuts, but the electricity's the problem. She's having trouble controlling her limbs
[03:18] Shadowcaller: "No! She casts a sleep spell at the wizard and crouches next to Aegnor "Oh, please Artari., oh dear…"
[03:18] Murska: Aegnor: 'Ugh…'
[03:18] Shadowcaller: She summons up some water she gently pours over Aegnor
[03:19] Happy: Hope continues attacking then, still weilding the sword two handed, and thrusting, rather than slashing.
[03:19] Happy: Easier to control that way.
[03:19] Murska: (Er, shouldn't she block the attack at her head? Oo)
[03:19] Shadowcaller: (The sleep spell had any effect?)
[03:19] Murska: (I'm waiting for the results of the wizard's sword swing first)
[03:20] Happy: Wait… I'm confused
[03:20] Happy: I thought it hit her
[03:20] Happy: That's why I asked how bad I was wounded, and you said cuts.
[03:20] Murska: (Ah. Well, he's swinging at her. It'll probably slice halfway through her brain if she lets it hit)
[03:21] Happy: She drops to the ground then
[03:21] Happy: leaving her sword in his back
[03:22] Murska: The wizard takes a step away from everyone and falls onto one knee. Naib's left arm hits him and punches him to the ground, but his sword strike hits said arm, making a small cut to it and zapping Naib again
[03:23] Happy: Hope scrambles trying to find the dagger she dropped.
[03:23] Murska: She finds it pretty soon. (Arik oughta be getting here soon… >.>)
[03:23] Shadowcaller: (well, you decide when he is here after all.P)
[03:23] Murska: Michicora's bolt flies from the forest and embeds itself into the chest of the wizard, who coughs up some blood.
[03:24] Murska: Arik sees the scene from midair, he's now officially part of the battle, you control his movements from now on.
[03:24] Shadowcaller: He flies directly down to the wizard
[03:24] Happy: Hope staggers to her feet, dagger in hand.
[03:24] Murska: The wizard sees him coming from his position, lying down on the ground, and zaps him with some blue bolts, much smaller than before.
[03:25] Murska: Aegnor manages to move slightly.
[03:25] Shadowcaller: Arik casts dispel magic, and continues to do so until he reached the wizard
[03:26] Happy: Hope slowly stalks toward the wizard.
[03:27] Shadowcaller: Cessie is bysu helping Aegnor
[03:27] Murska: The wizard shoots a bolt of lightning at Arik with his right hand while his left hand sneaks into his pocket.
[03:28] Murska: 'So you made it… lich.'
[03:28] Happy: Hope throws herself at the wizard, trying to pin him down and grab his left hand.
[03:28] Shadowcaller: Arik don't respond he never stops, even for a second
[03:29] Murska: Hope pins the wizards left arm. 'Get off me!' The wizard zaps her with his right hand, another bolt of lightning, but it's weak, barely the amount what his sword strikes discharged
[03:29] Happy: Hope brings her dagger out and tries to slice through the tendons of his left arm
[03:29] Shadowcaller: Arik continues to cast dispel magic, Michicora have dropped her cross bow and taken up her great sword
[03:30] Shadowcaller: Rushing toward the mage
[03:30] Murska: Her hand shakes because of the bolt and she drops the dagger. Arik reaches the wizard. Michicora's going to reach him later than Arik, Naib has gotten to his feet again and is stumbling towards him.
[03:30] Happy: Hope then tries to break his arm.
[03:30] Shadowcaller: Arik starts casting energy drain
[03:31] Murska: The mage doesn't have much power left anyway, he punches Hope with his right arm in the face, trying desperately to free his left.
[03:31] Shadowcaller: Well, he is draining more then that, parts of his soul
[03:32] Murska: Well, you should RP the effects of that yourself.
[03:32] Shadowcaller: Okay:P
[03:32] Murska: He's still struggling to free his left arm.
[03:32] Happy: Hope gets punched, but won't let go of his arm. She puts her knee on his forearm and yanks his hand up.
[03:33] Shadowcaller: Arik don't stop until he is at arms each of the wizard
[03:33] Shadowcaller: *reach
[03:33] Murska: The man lets out a grunt of pain.
[03:33] Shadowcaller: Michicora will cut his head straight off unless Hope is too close that is
[03:33] Murska: 'I guess that's it for me…'
[03:33] Murska: He then shouts a word in an unknown language.
[03:33] Murska: Michicora and Arik reach him.
[03:33] Murska: Naib's a bit behind.
[03:34] Murska: His sword arcs with electricity and crumbles.
[03:34] Shadowcaller: Arik: "I'm going to drain every part of you!"
[03:34] Murska: Michicora beheads him?
[03:34] Shadowcaller: He reaches out and touches the wizard
[03:35] Shadowcaller: Yeah:P
[03:35] Murska: The wizard, that is
[03:35] Murska: Blood sprays on all three
[03:35] Shadowcaller: Mhm
[03:35] Murska: (If he'd have gotten his left arm free, we'd have had a funny scene… :P)
[03:35] Murska: (Or well… >.>)
[03:35] Shadowcaller: Arik blasts away Michicora in a fit of rage, she drops her sword and flies to the ground
[03:35] Shadowcaller: *drops
[03:36] Shadowcaller: "Idiot! Do you even realize… I could have taken him!"
[03:36] Shadowcaller: What is Aegnor doing?
[03:37] Murska: Aegnor is slowly starting to regain control of his limbs.
[03:37] Shadowcaller: Cessie only have eyes for him at the moment
[03:37] Happy: Hope crumples, utterly spent.
[03:37] Happy: Adrenaline from her rage fading.
[03:38] Murska: (Okay, let's say the healer and his apprentice are the last ones left in the warcamp, they'll tend to the most badly wounded ones that are brought to them and then head with them to the village)
[03:39] Happy: The recruits (now veterans) gather up the wounded and dead.
[03:39] Happy: How many are left? :(
[03:39] Shadowcaller: Arik drains any still living soldier
[03:39] Happy: Does he attempt to drain any of our side?
[03:40] Shadowcaller: Michicora is quite wounded after Ariks's blast, she slowly gets on her feet
[03:40] Shadowcaller: Nope
[03:40] Murska: 7 unwounded wolfen, 6 unwounded elves, mostly ranged. 7 total who're wounded slightly and can carry other wounded. 4 badly wounded who have a chance of survival, one who's still alive but won't live long in any case, rest dead.
[03:40] Murska: Arik finds one live soldier, who's weak from poisoning and wounds
[03:40] Murska: and drains him
[03:41] Murska: Naib goes help Michicora up.
[03:41] Shadowcaller: Then after that, he start raising the soldiers as ghouls
[03:41] Happy: So we only lost one?
[03:41] Murska: Although she'd probably refuse the help.
[03:41] Shadowcaller: She dose, even throught she is really weak
[03:41] Murska: (Ah, right, wrong numbers…)
[03:41] Happy: We only had 25 to start with.
[03:42] Murska: (Since 7 people are away)
[03:42] Murska: (Hmm. two less unwounded each, two less slightly wounded.
[03:44] Shadowcaller: Michicora: "I can- *cough* do this… on my own." She staggers, her knee is wounded.
[03:44] Murska: (That's 6 dead and one who will die?)
[03:45] Happy: Hope tries to save the one who will die anyway, of course
[03:45] Murska: Naib: 'Don't be stupid.' He tries to take her arm and support her.
[03:45] Murska: Hope staggers to the wounded, the soldiers have gathered them into the same place
[03:45] Happy: Suroshian, is speaking to each soldier individually, telling them how well they did, and commenting personally on something he noticed that they did, if he was able to see it.
[03:46] Murska: the dead are also nearby. Most of the recruits are pretty shocked.
[03:46] Shadowcaller: Cessie is still with Aegnor
[03:46] Murska: Aegnor attempts to get up.
[03:46] Shadowcaller: Arik is raising the dead
[03:46] Shadowcaller: She helps him up
[03:46] Happy: Does he try to raise the Gallion dead?
[03:46] Shadowcaller: Nope
[03:46] Murska: He leans some of his weight on him. 'Ouch. That was some lightning.'
[03:47] Shadowcaller: He did that during the fight however
[03:47] Murska: They were incinerated soon after, though
[03:47] Happy: (So we have no bodies for some of the dead?)
[03:48] Shadowcaller: "Don't worry, you will be fine, I won't let anything happend to you Aegnor." She kisses him on the cheek
[03:48] Murska: (Two wolfen were incinerated along with two other corpses
[03:48] Murska: and one corpse has a huge hole in it
[03:48] Murska: 'I'm always fine. What about everyone else?'
[03:48] Shadowcaller: Well, Arik did use a lor of corpses for his corpse shield
[03:48] Shadowcaller: *lot
[03:48] Murska: The group limps to the soldiers.
[03:49] Shadowcaller: So there is a great pile of charred corpses in the middel of the forest
[03:49] Murska: (Michicora does what when Naib tries to support her?)
[03:50] Shadowcaller: She looks up at Niab doubtful "I'm fine." But she dose take his arm
[03:50] Happy: Hope is still trying to save the dying one.
[03:51] Murska: She should know it's hopeless, though. (Pun not intended >.>)
[03:51] Murska: He dies soon.
[03:51] Happy: Tears streaming down her face, she goes to the next most wounded.
[03:52] Happy: She'll use every bit of her magical healing, and continue with herbs.
[03:52] Murska: Hope's healing people, then.
[03:52] Happy: Yokai offers to carry the wounded back to the warcamp.
[03:52] Murska: The offer is gladly taken. Yokai's still wounded himself, though.
[03:53] Shadowcaller: Arik manages to raise some more powerful undead this time, spending more time with each body
[03:53] Murska: Aegnor reminds those who were supposed to go to Kyou that they need to leave soon. Michicora's too wounded to go, he states, so he asks Naib.
[03:54] Shadowcaller: "I can go." She says
[03:55] Shadowcaller: Cessie can't stadn being with so many dead
[03:55] Murska: 'Just so we have to protect you while you limp around aswell as Arik, performing the ritual? No thanks. You're staying.'
[03:55] Shadowcaller: She don't respond
[03:55] Shadowcaller: *stand
[03:55] Happy: The wounded and dead arrive back at camp first.
[03:55] Murska: The recruits also get going back.
[03:56] Shadowcaller: Cessie is with Aegnor trying to ignore the battle field
[03:57] Happy: ((Doesn't everyone have to go back to camp first though?))
[03:57] Murska: (Why?)
[03:58] Happy: (Fetch the boats?)
[03:58] Murska: (They're hidden at the coast)
[03:58] Happy: (Oh)
[03:59] Happy: Then the reserve group will bring Simone to the scene, I guess.
[03:59] Murska: I guess
[03:59] Happy: How badly is Aegnor wounded?
[04:00] Murska: He doesn't have any wounds, but he moves quite stiffly.
[04:01] Happy: Simone flies at him and hugs him fiercely.
[04:01] Shadowcaller: Cessie is helping him around
[04:01] Happy: Given her small size, this shouldn't tackle him to the ground or anything.
[04:01] Murska: He almost falls over but hugs her back and smiles.
[04:03] Shadowcaller: Cessie also smiles slightly but remarks "Be careful with him, he just survived a fight with a battlemage."
[04:03] Murska: 'Now I've been tried to kill by a god and a Khares battlemage. I hope people finally understand that I don't die easily and stop trying.'
[04:04] Happy: Arik loots the wizard's body?
[04:04] Murska: 'And that… walker thing.' Aegnor shudders.
[04:06] Shadowcaller: Cessie is silent, Aegnors remark of th walker only brings back painful memories
[04:06] Shadowcaller: The undead hord have grown with….?
[04:06] Shadowcaller: *horde
[04:06] Murska: (*shrug* How many would you deem suitable?)
[04:07] Shadowcaller: (14?)
[04:07] Murska: (The wizard's body held nothing much of note except for his left hand, which was grasped around a ruby)
[04:07] Murska: (Sure, though it's not like the boats fit that many)
[04:07] Shadowcaller: Lets ssay 24
[04:07] Murska: I'll go with a compromise. 20.
[04:07] Murska: :P
[04:07] Shadowcaller: (not that all of them will be on the boat.)
[04:08] Shadowcaller: So we are returning to the camp?
[04:08] Murska: Eh. The Kyou group is going to Kyou.
[04:08] Shadowcaller: Ah
[04:09] Shadowcaller: That includes us I guess >.>
[04:09] Murska: (Who are in the group anyway…)
[04:09] Shadowcaller: Bah, why must you go away tomorrow?
[04:09] Murska: (Aegnor, Hope, Cessie, Naib, Simone, Arik, Suroshian…)
[04:10] Happy: (Shouldn't Suroshian remain with the recruits?)
[04:10] Murska: (He's one of the boat-users)
[04:10] Murska: (One 600-year-old elf who knows how to use a boat?)
[04:10] Happy: (Oh. Right)
[04:10] Happy: (Does Arik know how to use a boat?)
[04:11] Murska: (Without magic? Ha.)
[04:11] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[04:11] Happy: Hope would know, but not in the ocean
[04:11] Happy: She can travel in the undead boat if needed >.<
[04:11] Shadowcaller: Arik is quite strong due lich and all however >.>
[04:11] Shadowcaller: Stronger then any normal human
[04:12] Happy: (Yeah, but it requires knowledge. not just strength)
[04:12] Shadowcaller: I know
[04:12] Shadowcaller: I just said that
[04:12] Murska: (Anyway, Suroshian and the elf will take the boats away once they've landed)
[04:12] Shadowcaller: Yeah
[04:12] Shadowcaller: So… when are you going away?
[04:13] Shadowcaller: Since the final is coming next session o.O
[04:13] Murska: Today evening
[04:14] Murska: might have internets there…
[04:14] Murska: I'd have liked to see what'd happen if the wizard had managed to get his arm free… :P
[04:14] Happy: rocks fall everyone dies?
[04:14] Murska: He'd have punched the ruby at Arik accompanied with a magical blast, then exploded it straight at his face.
[04:15] Murska: As in, a bolt of firemagic, but the same powerclass as the emeralds were
[04:15] Murska: concentrated into a beam straight at his face
[04:15] Shadowcaller: Well, his body would have been destroyed I guess
[04:15] Happy: (sounds like phylactery time O.o)
[04:15] Murska: (Yeah. and then we'd have to bust out Jopo instead.)
[04:15] Happy: And I imagine Hope and Naib would have been killed too
[04:16] Murska: It would've been directed blast, though
[04:16] Murska: unless Arik'd explode for some reason. >.>
[04:16] Shadowcaller: Yet he blasted the one who might have saved his body
[04:16] Murska: Well yay. :P
[04:16] Happy: Why didn't Arik stop Michicora?
[04:17] Shadowcaller: He didn't see her
[04:17] Shadowcaller: She was moving quite fast
[04:17] Happy: And how did she even get to him with Hope sitting on his arm and Arik right above him?
[04:17] Shadowcaller: And he was concentrating on the wizard
[04:17] Murska: By running? :P
[04:17] Happy: Get access to his neck :P
[04:18] Shadowcaller: Hey, I said she would not do it if Hope was too close
[04:18] Murska: Hope was twisting his arm
[04:18] Happy: She was sitting on his arm. I don't know how much room she needs
[04:18] Happy: Kneeling on his arm rather
[04:18] Murska: and his head was against the ground
[04:18] Happy: and where was Arik?
[04:19] Shadowcaller: Above him
[04:19] Murska: Floating above him, arm outreached ET style
[04:19] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[04:19] Happy: I don't see how a decapitation can happen then
[04:19] Shadowcaller: Execution style?
[04:19] Murska: I'd assume Arik wasn't taking the whole airspace above him
[04:19] Murska: for example, was horizontal
[04:19] Shadowcaller: He wasn't
[04:19] Shadowcaller: Exactly
[04:19] Happy: so what, he was head down?
[04:19] Happy: *is confused*
[04:20] Murska: -|- The horizontal lines are the wizard, Arik's the vertical line
[04:21] Shadowcaller: Mhm
[04:21] Happy: I still can't envision how she can do it. But they're you guys's characters.
[04:21] Happy: seems like she'd at least have to slow down enough that Arik would have noticed
[04:21] Murska: Let's just say there was no part of Arik above the guy's head.
[04:21] Murska: *handwaved*
[04:22] Happy: k
[04:22] Shadowcaller: And Arik was pretty drained at that point
[04:22] Shadowcaller: So its no suprise he missed her
[04:23] Murska: (It was funny for me, just when Happy complained about being seer/fool too often, to receive my seer/fool PMs for both FF7 and DBZ. :P)
[04:23] Happy: okay… her coming at wizard from his head end rather than his foot end
[04:23] Happy: I bet :P

[04:36] Shadowcaller: Well we could I guess..
[04:36] Murska: As I said, I'll just play something if you people are too tired, no big deal
[04:36] Happy: [04:35] Happy: "We need to give them names," Hope says quietly to Aegnor. "It would mean the most coming from you."
[04:36] Murska: (I suck at naming things. Oo)
[04:36] Shadowcaller: (But do your character suck at naming things?:P)
[04:37] Murska: (No. That's the problem. >.>)
[04:37] Happy: (So say you give them all names. It's not like we have to record them.)
[04:37] Murska: ('kay. :P)
[04:37] Happy: (But it'd probably have a bit of a goodbye speech)
[04:37] Shadowcaller: (given what names?)
[04:37] Happy: (and Hope will remind him to also name the fallen)
[04:37] Murska: 'Yeah… true.'
[04:38] Murska: Aegnor collects details from Suroshian and others participating in the battle about everyone's deeds quickly, I guess?
[04:38] Shadowcaller: Yeah
[04:38] Happy: Yeah
[04:38] Murska: Yeah
[04:38] Shadowcaller: ^^
[04:38] Murska: Da roof is on fire
[04:39] Happy: Hope and Suroshian had the wolfen, so they paid attention
[04:40] Murska: Then he holds a touching speech about how they're now battle-brothers, tried and tested, the best warriors he's ever had the priviledge to command etc. and say his farewells for now, speaking lightly about how he'll go visit Kyou to put them and their so-called 'army' back to it's place and open this one gate while he's at it, and he expects them all to be well and protecting their families when
[04:41] Murska: he returns. Then he turns the mood into the sadder things and holds a moment of silence for the fallen, on both sides, the price of a war which should never be forgotten
[04:41] Murska: then he plays a song for their memories and shoos them off
[04:42] Murska: to the camp while he leaves for Kyou
[04:42] Murska: And there goes my inspired speech. >.>
[04:42] Shadowcaller: Indeed
[04:42] Happy: (naming came first or after?)
[04:43] Murska: (Naming the live ones was first, then the dead ones just before the moment of silence
[04:44] Murska: (I want to chat with Naib about his style but I don't feel like doing a conversation with myself right now >.>)
[04:45] Murska: (While they're walking towards the boats, that is)
[04:45] Shadowcaller: It starts to snow lightly as you set off for the boats
[04:45] Happy: (And we have to think of a name for Yokai. but maiby not tonight)
[04:45] Murska: (Heh. Yeah)
[04:45] Happy: "Is every wizard so hard to kill?" Hope asks Arik.
[04:46] Murska: (Well, this WAS a specifically trained veteran warmage from the house whose specialty it is… :P)
[04:46] Shadowcaller: "This was a battlemage, they live for moments like this."
[04:47] Shadowcaller: "I would have beaten him eventually, but they are often trained to take on necromancers."
[04:47] Shadowcaller: "We are a hunted kind."
[04:47] Murska: (Because of people like him, no doubt. :P)
[04:47] Shadowcaller: (Well, the belif that necromancy is evil too.)
[04:48] Murska: (Warmages are devastating in a war without mages on the other side, and especially trained against the enemies who do have magic.)
[04:48] Murska: (If this guy hadn't gone with the usual 'mages are the worst threat' line of thinking, he'd pretty much have burnt the forest on both sides and that's that ambush)
[04:48] Shadowcaller: (Good thing Hestopia have witchars then.)
[04:49] Shadowcaller: (They mostly have the more "reserch" kind of mages, and priests of course.)
[04:49] Shadowcaller: *reseach
[04:49] Murska: (Yeah, there's quite a lot of traditional enmity between mages and priests)
[04:50] Shadowcaller: "It would seem your allies haven't hold their promise of taking the mages out…"
[04:51] Shadowcaller: (What wizard did we kill anyway?)
[04:51] Murska: (You can't guess? :P)
[04:51] Murska: (Hasu.
[04:51] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[04:53] Happy: "Yeah. I guess they couldn't be trusted." Hope says.
[04:53] Shadowcaller: "Well.. we will see…"
[04:53] Murska: Aegnor'll soon be able to walk like normal again, leading the group as usual.
[04:54] Murska: (How'd people like my scenes? It was a bit unfluffy, but eh)
[04:54] Shadowcaller: You come to the place where you have hidden the boats
[04:54] Shadowcaller: (I liked the,.)
[04:54] Murska: (I tried to bring out the humanity in the soldiers aswell, somewhat)
[04:54] Shadowcaller: *them
[04:54] Happy: (yeah :(
[04:54] Happy: (feels bad killing humans instead of undead)
[04:54] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[04:54] Murska: (Two cowards fled when a third guy stood to hold back the enemy and a fourth tried to help a wounded companion)
[04:54] Murska: (for one)
[04:54] Happy: (none of them threw down their weapons though. except that one guy)
[04:55] Murska: (Yeah, they didn't dare cuz of the warmage)
[04:55] Murska: (They did flee eventually, though)
[04:55] Happy: (And Aegnor never tried the flute?)
[04:55] Murska: (yeah)
[04:55] Murska: (The wizard would probably have blocked the effect anyway, though.)
[04:56] Murska: (Doesn't Simone ask anything about the battle?)
[04:56] Murska: (During the trip)
[04:56] Happy: She asks about the warmage.
[04:57] Happy: She doesn't want to hear about the fighting.
[04:57] Murska: Who exactly does she ask?
[04:57] Happy: She's seen people killed by violence before.
[04:57] Happy: Aegnor and Cessie, so I don't have to roleplay two people in the same conversation :P
[04:58] Murska: Aegnor describes him a bit. 'He was a 'warrior', but not really a 'soldier'. I think he enjoyed fighting.'
[04:58] Murska: (He first told her how he looked, that is)
[04:59] Happy: "The way the Wolfen do?"
[04:59] Murska: 'Hm. In some ways. I didn't get a look into his mind or anything but he seemed to enjoy a challenge, and even pain. He could probably have done more damage if he hadn't gone into a melee fight in the end.'
[05:00] Happy: "So stupid then. He not fight to win."
[05:01] Murska: 'Heh. I'm sure it made complete sense to him.'
[05:01] Shadowcaller: "Why train yourself at melee when you got magic?" (Cessie)
[05:02] Murska: 'If he hadn't, he'd have been a much less tougher opponent to take down, after all.'
[05:03] Murska: *tough*
[05:03] Shadowcaller: "If he had concentrated more on magic then that melee training he might have been even more powerful."
[05:04] Happy: "Maybe his magic as strong as it could be, so he make his body stronger."
[05:04] Happy: (ooh, what happened to his sword?)
[05:04] Murska: (It crumbled when he shouted a word)
[05:04] Murska: (as I said. :P)
[05:04] Happy: (oh)
[05:04] Happy: (sorry…. *blames the time*)
[05:04] Murska: (The Kharen hold the swords given to them as they're initiated in high esteem)
[05:05] Murska: (Highly enchanted and usually modified a lot by the personal style of the user)
[05:05] Happy: (and what happened to the horsey?)
[05:05] Murska: (*shrug* It was magically compelled to obey the warmage's orders…)
[05:05] Murska: (It wouldn't have moved)
[05:05] Happy: (and after warmage died?)
[05:06] Murska: 'He couldn't have trained magic with soldiers, and warmages train for battle. You can't train for battle in a library, alone.'
[05:06] Murska: (The orders given didn't break or anything)
[05:06] Murska: (The guy didn't really like or trust horses)
[05:07] Shadowcaller: "Very different traditions I guess…"
[05:07] Happy: (Then I imagine Arik drained it)
[05:07] Happy: (If it would have just stood their until it died)
[05:07] Murska: (Yeah)
[05:09] Shadowcaller: "In Hestopia, wizards and warriors hardly met at all, or common folk for that matter."
[05:10] Happy: "And we having to fight more wizards? And they all this hard to kill?"
[05:10] Shadowcaller: "Hopefully not…"
[05:10] Murska: 'Hopefully not. And they'll probably die easier, but wizards are always trouble.'

[05:16] Murska: I guess Arik has the ruby now.
[05:16] Murska: I wish Simone happens across it and takes it. :P
[05:16] Happy: heh
[05:16] Happy: he'd fry her
[05:16] Murska: Cessie'd probably be able to channel it after some study.
[05:17] Murska: And Arik can use it by smashing it, but he won't be able to control it well nor use parts of it at a time.
[05:17] Murska: It'd react to Cessie's rock.
[05:21] Murska: Hm. Oh, and I forgot to state, since you never asked, that Naib'll let Hope heal a small cut in his side if she asks but won't take off the armguard.
[05:22] Happy: She's healing everyone in the order of most wounded to least wounded.
[05:22] Happy: herbs, first aid, and magic.
[05:22] Murska: The cloak on it has been torn to shreds from where it covered her left arm, and the arm glints metallic
[05:24] Murska: The swordstrike of the wizard 1: almost pierced the armguard 2: caused a large bruise under it
[05:24] Happy: "A poultice would help heal that bruise."
[05:24] Murska: (He won't take the armguard off, though)
[05:25] Happy: (But what will he say?)
[05:25] Murska: (How does she know of the bruise then?)
[05:26] Happy: Oh. I thought you meant under where it ended or something
[05:26] Happy: i don't know, it's past sunup. AGAIN :P
[05:26] Murska: :P
[05:26] Murska: He'll be touching the armguard at the point where it has a cut during the trip with his other hand a lot, though
[05:30] Happy: Hope will probably try to talk to Aegnor at some point, quietly.
[05:30] Happy: "How are you holding up?"
[05:31] Murska: 'I'm fine. Didn't get a scratch, after all.'
[05:31] Happy: "That's not what I meant and you know it."
[05:32] Murska: He sighs. 'Opening the gate is a priority. I can have my personal troubles afterwards.'
[05:34] Happy: "It's a lot easier being one of the ones receiving the orders."
[05:35] Murska: Aegnor tries a smile. 'Hey, I get to boss y'all around.'
[05:35] Happy: "Yes, Sir."
[05:37] Murska: 'Okay, I order you to go worry about someone else for now. I'll hold.'
[05:39] Happy: "When the gate is open again, we'll find these people a home."
[05:40] Murska: 'Yeah.' Aegnor looks ahead, with a sort of a 'far-away' tone to his voice. 'And a home for all the enslaved elves and wolfen.'
[05:43] Happy: "Yes." Hope says, and puts her arm around his shoulders with a squeeze.
[05:44] Murska: He turns a bit towards her and smiles. 'Who knows, maybe we'll change the world.'

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License