Kyou 51

[18:25] Happy: IF
[18:25] Shadowcaller: Of course
[18:25] Murska: WHEN
[18:25] Murska: OR
[18:25] Happy: imma get lynched now for sure
[18:25] Shadowcaller: How so?
[18:25] Happy: look at my latest Kyou post
[18:26] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[18:28] Shadowcaller: Who will GM?
[18:29] Happy: are we actually going to be attacking now?
[18:29] Murska: *shrug*, again.
[18:29] Shadowcaller: Cessie is still sick… I doubt it
[18:30] Happy: fast forward to when she's better? or are there still more preparations we have to make?
[18:30] Shadowcaller: Well… there are some things
[18:30] Shadowcaller: First off: Whho will Gm?
[18:30] Shadowcaller: Since that really decides what plot
[18:31] Happy: i might can. but i don't know for how long
[18:31] Shadowcaller: *the plot
[18:31] Shadowcaller: I can take over if nessecary
[18:32] Shadowcaller: So… where were we?
[18:33] Happy: okay, but i need to know what plot we're doing… >.>
[18:42] Shadowcaller: So… the question remains
[18:43] Happy: yeah, i'm not up to GMing after all
[18:45] Murska: Eh. Reinvites? >.>
[18:45] Shadowcaller: Right
[18:45] Shadowcaller: I guess I will GM then?
[18:45] Shadowcaller: *takes on GM hat*
[18:46] Murska: *is silent*
[18:47] Shadowcaller: You wake up in the camp and the first thing you can think of is how *cold* it is
[18:47] Shadowcaller: You feel chilly all over
[18:47] Happy: what time of year is it?
[18:48] Shadowcaller: Well, you don't know how the periods work in the part of the world
[18:48] Murska: I guess this is the next day from the conversation last session cut short?
[18:48] Happy: we've been here for weeks now. So this is unusually cold?
[18:49] Shadowcaller: Yes, it is
[18:49] Shadowcaller: Unusual cold that is
[18:49] Happy: Hope grabs her sword and leaps to her feet
[18:49] Happy: Simone snuggles deeper under her covers
[18:49] Murska: Aegnor, if he indeed has actually slept for some reason, gets up quickly aswell and grabs his gear.
[18:51] Happy: HOpe looks to see if anyone has been attacked.
[18:51] Shadowcaller: You can see a few snow-flakes fall from the sky, the grass have morning rime
[18:51] Shadowcaller: The camp is peaceful
[18:52] Happy: She looks for Aegnor.
[18:52] Murska: Aegnor walks outside and tries to see what time it is.
[18:52] Shadowcaller: Its really early morning
[18:52] Shadowcaller: You can see your own breath
[18:53] Murska: 'Hm.' Aegnor heads for the food storage.
[18:53] Happy: "The cold made me think of Yuki-joro," Hope says to Aegnor.
[18:53] Murska: As she approaches, I assume?
[18:54] Happy: yeah
[18:54] Murska: 'Yeah, we haven't had time to find and kill her yet. If she isn't dead already.'
[18:57] Shadowcaller: You can see more of the camp waking up, looking suprised for the unusal cold weather
[18:58] Murska: Aegnor fetches a bit of something to eat and then heads for the practice field.
[18:58] Happy: "What if she's here?"
[18:58] Shadowcaller: There are already elves and wolfen waiting for him there, they don't look that prepared for this weather, some complain about freezing
[18:59] Murska: 'Then we kill her.' Aegnor remarks offhandedly.
[18:59] Murska: 'Morning everyone. Ain't it a nice refreshing morning?
[18:59] Shadowcaller: They mutter something in respond
[18:59] Happy: Hope rolls her eyes. "Maybe you could try and find out?" she mutters.
[19:00] Murska: Aegnor performs a routine check for spiritual entities nearby.
[19:01] Shadowcaller: Then he hears the screaming spirits again and also that there are a lot less of them now
[19:01] Shadowcaller: But no specific spirits nearby thought
[19:02] Happy: The herbalist apprentice, who doesn't have a name, and is only called Apprentice, keeps the fire up in Cessie's hut.
[19:02] Shadowcaller: She is freezing too and keeps herself very close to the fire
[19:03] Murska: Suroshian anywhere nearby?
[19:03] Shadowcaller: Yes, at the practice field
[19:04] Murska: 'How are things going?'
[19:04] Shadowcaller: He is lecturing a elf about "complaining"
[19:05] Shadowcaller: "This bloody cold weather is not very good for moral."
[19:06] Shadowcaller: "These young pups haven't been outside the nest for long I'm afraid."
[19:06] Happy: "What should the weather be like this time of year?" Hope asks.
[19:06] Shadowcaller: "Less cold, I tell you that."
[19:06] Shadowcaller: "It don't start snowing in a day, not in this region."
[19:07] Murska: 'Hm. It's just a bit of temperature change, it happens. What're they gonna do when they're knee-deep in mud in a downpour while trying to escape, carrying their wounded?'
[19:07] Shadowcaller: "Cry for their momies."
[19:08] Shadowcaller: "Damnable… they need more training, these people are hunters, not soldiers."
[19:09] Murska: 'Well, luckily we ain't gonna need them for soldiers. Just hunters, but for a much more resistant prey. What they will need is the reflex to obey orders, whatever the situation.'
[19:09] Shadowcaller: "They are used to hicking throught these woods, I'm not sure how good they will be on the open field."
[19:10] Murska: 'Hopefully we won't have to see. In a frontal battle…' Aegnor shakes his head.
[19:10] Murska: 'Anyway. Have you noticed anyone promising for squad leader?'
[19:10] Shadowcaller: "Well… that really depends what you are looking for in a squad leader."
[19:11] Murska: 'Eh. The ability to be a good squad leader, I'd assume.'
[19:12] Shadowcaller: "Gimoln there is smart enough… but he's too careful, he don't know when to take risks." He points at a young (however you cna see that) elf that is busy talking with two other elves
[19:13] Murska: 'Mostly we'd need someone they'd follow, who's able to inspire them and who won't go solo. Some initiative will still be required, though.'
[19:14] Shadowcaller: "If you want someone that got those leadership talents I suggest Orz…" He looks around "If he would decide to honor us with his presence that is."
[19:14] Shadowcaller: "I guess I have to drag him out of the bed mysself…"
[19:14] Shadowcaller: *myself
[19:14] Murska: 'Bad first impression.' Aegnor smiles slightly.
[19:15] Shadowcaller: "His parents have spoiled him, why he even signed up for this is beyond me…"
[19:16] Murska: 'Do the others listen to him, then?'
[19:17] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, he got a certain talent for making himself heard, smarter then your average wolfen too…"
[19:17] Shadowcaller: "…no offence."
[19:17] Murska: 'As long as he does what's told and doesn't mess around.'
[19:18] Murska: 'We'll need the best you got pretty soon, ambush mission, archery, being quiet and most importantly obedience required.'
[19:19] Shadowcaller: "Hrd to find someone with all those talents in this pack."
[19:19] Shadowcaller: *hard
[19:19] Shadowcaller: "Maybe you should try to pick somone yourself?"
[19:19] Murska: (Well, hunters oughta get the first two by default.)
[19:20] Shadowcaller: (With all the talents.)
[19:20] Murska: (Eh. He just asked him to pick some people who'd be likely to obey orders.)
[19:20] Shadowcaller: "What I'm saying is, they all got their own quirps."
[19:21] Murska: 'Hm. They need some pride as an unit, too. The ones we pick should be kept as a squad.'
[19:21] Murska: 'And the leader for it is also an important pick.'
[19:23] Shadowcaller: "Well, how do you want to split them up?." He takes a glance back at the unit "I think they might have some problem with me being human and all."
[19:23] Murska: (How many are there anyway?)
[19:24] Shadowcaller: (You didn't give a number? Lets say… 44?)
[19:24] Shadowcaller: (32 is better.)
[19:24] Murska: (32… hmm.)
[19:25] Murska: 'Hmm. They're mostly going to be working guerilla style. Maybe five squads. Each needs a distinct name and symbol, and of course a suitable leader.'
[19:25] Murska: 'Make 'em compete as training, that oughta help with the focus and morale.'
[19:25] Shadowcaller: "A symbol? You really are aiming high."
[19:26] Happy: "The Wolfen will like the competition."
[19:26] Shadowcaller: "I guess… they are very willing, maybe too willing."
[19:27] Shadowcaller: "We might want to make them realize what they are up against."
[19:27] Murska: 'Hm. They'll realize it soon enough. We've told them how it is, horror stories won't help.'
[19:27] Murska: 'The symbol will be to distinguish them from the other groups. They'll have pride in theirs, and work as an unit.'
[19:28] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, I doubt words could explain a war anyway."
[19:28] Murska: 'Mostly they'll just be shooting arrows and running away, if things go as we hope.'
[19:28] Murska: 'That's why they have to obey.'
[19:29] Murska: 'If they decide to not be 'cowards' and take a stand when we don't want them to…'
[19:30] Shadowcaller: "Oh, before I forget, we might need better equipment. We aren't prepared to face this cold."
[19:31] Murska: 'Eh. Doesn't it *ever* get this cold here?'
[19:32] Shadowcaller: "Not at this time of the year it don't, apperenly the wolfen still have their summer fur or something. Or at least thats the exhuses they told me."
[19:32] Murska: 'Shouldn't they have proper equipment somewhere, then? Fetch it from the village or something.'
[19:32] Shadowcaller: "This is nothing really, but they aren't used to it. They can take a punch, but whines about the temprature."
[19:32] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, thats what we need, things from the village."
[19:33] Murska: 'Then send some people to get them. I'll get Saren to message them to prepare the supplies.'
[19:34] Shadowcaller: "Good, Ill send Mark, if he could stop complaining about spirits for a moment…"
[19:34] Shadowcaller: *Marek
[19:35] Murska: Aegnor contacts Iname. /Greetings./
[19:35] Shadowcaller: /..Speaker./
[19:35] Shadowcaller: (Second voice)
[19:35] Murska: /Just confirming, is this temperature natural?/
[19:36] Happy: "Marek can hear spirits?"
[19:36] Shadowcaller: /First voice: "They are dying… the balance… oblivion…"/
[19:36] Murska: /First signs of impending apocalypse, then? Nothing we can affect right now?/
[19:36] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "Ignore me, there is a slight unbalance, the spirits of summer and winter are in distress."/
[19:37] Shadowcaller: "No, but that don't stop him from complaning about them. He thinks they are punishing us or something."
[19:37] Murska: 'Maybe we shouldn't tell him that they're dying out, then?'
[19:38] Shadowcaller: "He knows that, thats what he think they are punishing us for."
[19:38] Murska: 'Eh. So, they're punishing us by dying? Us, who're the only ones trying to save them? Is he stupid or something?'
[19:38] Murska: 'Eh, never mind.'
[19:39] Shadowcaller: "I have no idea, ask him."
[19:39] Murska: 'So, you should know the recruits and what they're capable of better than me. Could you think up the groups?'
[19:40] Murska: /Okay, well, I guess there's nothing we can do right now./
[19:40] Shadowcaller: He takes another glance at the group "Well… I might."
[19:41] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "It have become worse, spirits are manifesting to attack mortals. There are even rumors of Horobi…"/
[19:41] Murska: /As long as they don't attack us, it shouldn't concern us. We'll have enough to concentrate on in opening the gate./
[19:42] Murska: 'Good. Any ideas for the names and symbols?' Aegnor looks at both Hope and Suroshian.
[19:42] Shadowcaller: Suroshian shrugs: "I leave that to you or them."
[19:43] Happy: "Simone could probably come up with that sort of thing."
[19:44] Murska: 'Could you go ask her at some point? In other news, Iname confirms this weather as a result of the spirits being in chaos. Imbalance between winter and summer, I think.'
[19:44] Happy: Hope goes to do that.
[19:45] Shadowcaller: "Hm, they say woman gives bad luck in war…"
[19:46] Murska: 'Well, Hope in battle is seriously bad luck… against anyone opposing her.'
[19:46] Murska: 'Hm. And I'd like someone to go scout the first bridge. Was planning on a strike there soon.'
[19:47] Happy: (Are there no female recruits then?)
[19:47] Shadowcaller: "Well, if we wait too long, this are might be covered in snow soon enough."
[19:47] Shadowcaller: (nope.)
[19:47] Murska: 'It should impede them just as much as us.'
[19:48] Shadowcaller: "They don't have to retreat, its worse in the woods. You should ask for white colthes too."
[19:49] Shadowcaller: Clothes
[19:49] Murska: 'They do have to pursue us, so it's the same.'
[19:49] Murska: 'But yeah, true. Not that this first attack will hopefully leave anyone to pursue.'
[19:49] Shadowcaller: "Hopefully…"
[19:50] Murska: 'It'll be the first and only one with complete and total suprise.'
[19:51] Murska: 'In a way, this weather might even help us… Makes it more believable we're brigands caught by the weather who are trying to loot the guard post for warmer equipment.'
[19:53] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, we need to see the positive sides. Not sure about all this magic thought."
[19:53] Shadowcaller: "I never really trusted it."
[19:53] Murska: 'We'll have to handle it using our other allies and assets, anyway.'
[19:55] Shadowcaller: "If you could just tell the spirits to kill everyone stopping us, we are golden."
[19:55] Murska: "Yeah, if only."
[19:56] Happy: (some of them might help)
[19:56] Murska: (yup, for the ambush)
[19:57] Shadowcaller: "Well, I better tell Marek to move his arse."
[19:58] Murska: Time passes, things happen?
[19:59] Happy: (i'm trying to think of unit names)
[19:59] Shadowcaller: Not really, the recruits are training
[20:02] Shadowcaller: Cessie is still inside her hut, her recovery don't mix well with the cold
[20:04] Shadowcaller: (how long do you wish to skip?)
[20:04] Happy: (bloody claw, swift blade)
[20:07] Shadowcaller: (Short names maybe?)
[20:08] Happy: (example?)
[20:09] Shadowcaller: (Um… Claw? Peak, talon…)
[20:10] Happy: (hmm… the form is [adjective noun], but they can use the noun as the shortened form?)
[20:12] Murska: yup
[20:12] Happy: (what modifier can we use for bow? And what would the other two nouns be?)
[20:15] Happy: (sharp eye, savage spear, and dark bow)
[20:16] Happy: So that's what Simone offers, with a sketched symbol for each.
[20:16] Shadowcaller: (Okay, Hmm…)
[20:16] Murska: k
[20:16] Shadowcaller: You stay in the camp all the time?
[20:18] Happy: If Hope is needed to go hunting or whatever, she will.
[20:18] Murska: Aegnor might go a bit outside at some point to train by himself.
[20:19] Shadowcaller: I see
[20:19] Shadowcaller: Brb one second…
[20:21] Shadowcaller: (Well, no one need Hope to go hunting, its hard enough to find animals in yokai anyway.)
[20:25] Shadowcaller: (and if Aegnor goes out… gah, bit busy… >.>)
[20:26] Happy: ?
[20:26] Shadowcaller: (I'm busy^^)
[20:39] Happy: *poke*

[21:32] Murska: …
[21:32] Shadowcaller: Not busy anymore…
[21:33] Shadowcaller: So, when Aegnor is training outside he sees a wolfen coming towards him
[21:33] Murska: Anyone he recognizes?
[21:33] Shadowcaller: Yeah, its a wolfen from the group
[21:34] Shadowcaller: *its a wolfen from the group
[21:34] Shadowcaller: …right
[21:34] Murska: He waits for him to make himself known. Aegnor's training with an axe and a mace.
[21:34] Happy: (I'm going to rest for a little while. Hopefully not long)
[21:35] Murska: (okay)
[21:35] Shadowcaller: The wolfen comes up toward him, he looks a bit worried
[21:35] Shadowcaller: "Aegnor, a scout just returned, Suroshian wanted me to tell you that there is a group of humans scouting the woods."
[21:36] Murska: 'Oh? Okay, I'd better get back then. We'll have to make some scouts disappear.'
[21:36] Murska: Aegnor returns to the camp with the wolfen, I guess.
[21:38] Shadowcaller: Suroshian meets him up "Pemel here saw a group of armed humans moving around in the forest… he could not get too close to them thought. He described them as "watchful".
[21:38] Murska: 'How many?'
[21:39] Shadowcaller: "He said they were around 10-15, quite a large group for scouting if you ask me…"
[21:39] Murska: 'Indeed. Regardless, we'll have to leave none alive to report. Anything but normal soldiers?'
[21:40] Shadowcaller: "He could not tell, none of them wore the traditional uniforms strangely enough."
[21:40] Shadowcaller: "They might be slavers… but I doubt it."
[21:40] Murska: 'Any chance of them not being our enemy?'
[21:41] Shadowcaller: "I can't think of any humans that are not our enemy, except me, your girl friend and that creepy brother of hers."
[21:42] Shadowcaller: (WoD updated, another mason dead..)
[21:48] Murska: (Saren?)
[21:48] Shadowcaller: (Right.)
[21:48] Shadowcaller: (lets say he mentione him.)
[21:50] Shadowcaller: (I guess you are plotting in WoD?)
[21:50] Murska: (And playing Starcraft and Planescape - Torment)
[21:50] Shadowcaller: (Wow.)
[21:50] Shadowcaller: (Online?)
[21:51] Murska: (Well, no Torment multiplay afaik, but SC yeah)
[21:51] Murska: 'Okay, let's gather up and go check out these 'scouts'.'
[21:51] Shadowcaller: "Should we bring the wizards too?"
[21:52] Murska: 'Let's try to avoid using magic if possible so the soldiers can taste a victory, but I guess we should bring someone along just in case.'
[21:53] Shadowcaller: "Right… also, there is something you might need to deal with after we return."
[21:53] Murska: 'Yes?'
[21:54] Shadowcaller: "That… horned fellow.."
[21:54] Shadowcaller: "He's here somewhere."
[21:54] Shadowcaller: "Asked to speak with you, but we have other things on our hands now."
[21:55] Murska: 'True.'
[21:55] Murska: 'So, gather up who you think we'll need and let's get to it.'
[21:55] Murska: brb, SC game
[21:55] Shadowcaller: Okay
[22:07] Murska: Go ahead and proceed with this so I can answer whenever I happen to check.
[22:07] Shadowcaller: Okay
[22:07] Shadowcaller: "I tell them that, hopefully they are neither too nervous or too excited by this…"
[22:08] Shadowcaller: He tells them and your off after gathering your gear
[22:09] Murska: Who exactly leaves?
[22:09] Shadowcaller: You and… well how many do you want with you?
[22:09] Murska: Hope, I'd assume
[22:09] Murska: Michicora?
[22:10] Murska: And then recruits, let's go with two squads although they haven't been told about the squads yet. That's what, 12-14.
[22:10] Shadowcaller: Yeah
[22:11] Shadowcaller: Suroshian too?

[22:28] Murska: Nah, I don't think he'd be coming
[22:28] Murska: Someone has to keep order in the camp and receive further reports
[22:29] Shadowcaller: Okay, Happy, Michicora, Aegnor, some of the groups.. not Cessie?
[22:29] Shadowcaller: Not that it would be a good idea.P
[22:29] Shadowcaller: But she might want to know where you are going >.>
[22:31] Murska: Aegnor'll tell her if she's awake but she ain't coming. :P
[22:31] Shadowcaller: She asks where you are going exactly
[22:31] Murska: Eh. To kill some scouts.
[22:33] Shadowcaller: She ask what you mean by that exactly? She want more details
[22:33] Murska: 'How much more details can I give? There are enemies in the woods, normal soldiers, we're just going to a brief visit to kill them.'
[22:34] Shadowcaller: "I guess you can't deal with it in any other way?"
[22:39] Murska: 'This is the best way.'
[22:42] Shadowcaller: "…well, I really hope you have considered your other options carefully."
[22:42] Murska: 'Anyway, the war has to start sometime. The others should be ready soon, I think I have to go. Be well!'
[22:42] Shadowcaller: "Farwell…"
[22:44] Shadowcaller: You travle silently throught the woods, it has started to snow heavily
[22:46] Shadowcaller: The group appears somehow worried about the snow
[22:46] Happy: (hi…)
[22:46] Happy: (feeling pretty icky… )
[22:47] Shadowcaller: (Matok is doing a history lesson.)
[22:48] Shadowcaller: *Magtok
[22:48] Shadowcaller: The sun is bloated, and its already starting to get dark
[22:51] Shadowcaller: One of the elves stops, staring at the sky
[22:51] Shadowcaller: He mumbles something you can't hear
[22:51] Shadowcaller: Then he follows you again
[22:53] Shadowcaller: Efter some time the scout stops. "I saw them somewhere around here… they were moving slowly, like they excepcted an ambush."
[22:55] Murska: 'Tracks?'
[22:55] Shadowcaller: "They leaved a lot of those, they weren't trying to be hidden at least."
[22:56] Murska: 'Hm. Maybe they're luring us into attacking them.'
[22:56] Shadowcaller: "Here… they moved suth, toward the village."
[22:57] Shadowcaller: "Well, I can't know that."
[22:59] Murska: We follow, Michicora in front, taking care to not let ourselves be seen.
[23:00] Shadowcaller: Michicora: "I can see them, or one of them… he's gone."
[23:00] Shadowcaller: (after you tracked some.)
[23:01] Happy: Hope tries to track as well, but of course, Michicora is better.
[23:02] Shadowcaller: Hope can see a black clothed man, his clothes are strangely robe-like for being a member of a scout group.
[23:03] Shadowcaller: He moves slowly throught the forest, you can see glimpes of another man in the same type of clothes near him
[23:04] Happy: Ask one of the wolfen with us if they can smell him…
[23:04] Shadowcaller: "Smell what?"
[23:05] Shadowcaller: "They smell… ill, like food that have been out in the sun too long. Its hard to explain."
[23:06] Happy: Hope finds Murska and tells him… "undead?" /quietly
[23:06] Happy: *Aegnor
[23:07] Murska: 'Eh.' He quietly replies. 'Might be.' (Then again, the scout who found them didn't mention robes and also said that they were watchful, which is very un-undeadish.)
[23:08] Shadowcaller: (he saw no reason to mention the robes.)
[23:08] Murska: (Eh. Say, the robes mean they aren't soldiers, thus they aren't scouts?)
[23:09] Shadowcaller: (Hey, that was Suroshians interpention of it.)
[23:09] Shadowcaller: (Or maybe even the one who told you.)
[23:09] Shadowcaller: *interpretation
[23:10] Murska: ('kay, well, let's kill some undead then.)
[23:10] Shadowcaller: Michicora: "So, we just kill them all then? Who uses robes in a forest anyway?"
[23:11] Shadowcaller: *not Michiocora, elf
[23:11] Murska: 'They seem a bit odd. Maybe we should see what they're doing first.'
[23:13] Shadowcaller: Scout elf: "They are really careful, I was close to be discovered twice… "
[23:14] Happy: "Perhaps someone should approach them and talk."
[23:15] Murska: Aegnor tries to recall the map of the area. 'If they keep their current course, we should be able to circle around and set up an ambush. Michicora could trail them in the meanwhile and come inform us if they switch direction.'
[23:16] Shadowcaller: Michicora: "I can do that."
[23:17] Murska: The recruits should know the land well enough to see what he means. He'll send them on their way.
[23:18] Shadowcaller: They are sent away
[23:18] Shadowcaller: What do your group consist off?
[23:18] Murska: Hm?
[23:19] Shadowcaller: Well, you splitted into groups right?
[23:21] Murska: All the recruits are going to form an ambush at a predetermined location ahead of the enemies, Michicora will stay quite close to the enemies and scout them, trying mostly to figure out who they are and what the hell they're doing and Aegnor and Hope will either join the recruits or close off the trap from behind, trailing the enemy. I guess.
[23:21] Shadowcaller: Okay, you do so then
[23:21] Shadowcaller: Just tell me where you are so I can tell you what you see
[23:22] Shadowcaller: Yokai is growing dark quickly, its getting increasgly hard to see beacuse of the snow and the lack of light
[23:24] Murska: Eh. Early night today.
[23:24] Murska: I mean, we just woke up early in the morning.
[23:24] Shadowcaller: Not much snow falls inside of Yokai however, but you can see snowflakes passs throught the otherwise thick foilage
[23:25] Shadowcaller: Yes, you just woke up, there is very heavy clouds and almost no light can pass throught yokai's foilage
[23:26] Murska: 'kay. Well, Aegnor and Hope will at least be better-equipped against cold weather than most people around Kyou.
[23:26] Murska: What does Michicora learn of the enemy?
[23:27] Shadowcaller: They are
[23:27] Shadowcaller: ..
[23:27] Shadowcaller: CUrse you enter key
[23:28] Shadowcaller: She tells you that they all wear pretty much the same robe-like clothes, speaking Kyouhen to each other, but just a few quick exchanges of words
[23:29] Shadowcaller: She don't think they are undead
[23:30] Shadowcaller: But they still stink of them
[23:31] Murska: Any weaponry?
[23:32] Shadowcaller: Yes, they have maces, oddly enough. She can't really tell who's who. Underneath the hood they have bird-like masks
[23:33] Murska: Okay, we trail them until the ambush site and then Aegnor steps into sight from behind them, just before they reach the positions of the hidden recruits. 'Hello.'
[23:34] Shadowcaller: Almost all of them react at the same time, staring at Aegnor, its not until know he can see the bird-masks they have underneath the hoods.
[23:34] Shadowcaller: One of them approaches you "Who are you?" He says in very broken common
[23:35] Shadowcaller: He repeats the question in Kyouhen, and then elfen
[23:35] Shadowcaller: /elven
[23:35] Murska: Aegnor talks in the language he spoke best. 'Aegnor. You?'
[23:36] Shadowcaller: "My name is not important." He says quite quickly in common. "We know you however." You can't see his facial expression beacuse of the mask
[23:37] Murska: 'Is that bad?'
[23:37] Happy: Hope watches from a hidden position, bow at the ready.
[23:38] Shadowcaller: He looks at two of his other companions and then says "No, we are just glad that we found you."
[23:38] Murska: 'Why are you here?'
[23:38] Shadowcaller: "We have been looking for allies, and I belive we have a common cuause."
[23:39] Murska: 'Hm. Elaborate.'
[23:39] Shadowcaller: "The gate needs to be opened, correct? We have a man on the inside…"
[23:40] Murska: 'Good to hear. Who are you, anyway?' (referring to the whole group)
[23:41] Shadowcaller: "Why don't you tell me what you are first? You wouldn't come out here alone. Where is your army? Are they sorrunding us right now?"
[23:42] Murska: 'You seem to know quite a lot, but yet so little.'
[23:42] Murska: 'I wouldn't need an army.'
[23:42] Shadowcaller: "You assume you know more then me, a misstake really."
[23:43] Murska: 'I don't assume. We know different things, that's all.'
[23:43] Shadowcaller: "But let us not talk about hostilities."
[23:43] Shadowcaller: "We are here to gather allies after all."
[23:44] Murska: 'And one of us has to take the plunge of trusting the other with his identity. I already told you mine.'
[23:44] Shadowcaller: "You can call me… Nephelim, if that mean anything to you."
[23:45] Murska: 'A name, not familiar. Still, it's convenient to have. So, where exactly did you learn of me and my intentions?'
[23:45] Shadowcaller: "One of our agents have been.. observing you, mainly the lich however."
[23:46] Shadowcaller: "We also know that you were here somewhere in these woods…"
[23:46] Murska: 'Doesn't explain why you'd come looking in the first place. Acquaintances of the lich?'
[23:47] Shadowcaller: "No, we are looking for a way to open the gate, thats all."
[23:47] Shadowcaller: "Our agent spied on the lich of reasons of his own."
[23:48] Murska: 'Have you got a plan to accomplish that?'
[23:49] Shadowcaller: "Well, first of all we need a wizard on our side. Someone that can open the gate."
[23:49] Shadowcaller: "So, we came here. You got two of them."
[23:50] Shadowcaller: "As far as we know."
[23:50] Murska: 'So, that's all then? What exactly do you have to offer for this alliance?'
[23:51] Shadowcaller: "Inside information? We aren't planning to do open battle but I don't think you are going to do a open battle either. We are planning to take out the wizards without losing a singel man."
[23:52] Shadowcaller: "Don't that sound great?"
[23:52] Murska: 'Yeah, sure, go ahead and do that, it'll make our job much easier. What I meant to ask was, how exactly are you going to do it? What are you capable of? For that matter, what are you?'
[23:55] Shadowcaller: "See here, our group works mainly on the "need-to-know" basis, we aren't going to reveal anything to you unless its really nessecary. I could have come here alone, but I decided to take the rest of my group with me.. for protection."
[23:55] Shadowcaller: "If we deal with the wizards, you deal with the soldiers?"
[23:55] Murska: 'Deal.'
[23:56] Shadowcaller: "Perfect. When are you planning to attack?"
[23:56] Murska: 'The final assault on Kyou or the bleeding we'll have to do beforehand?'
[23:56] Shadowcaller: "The bleeding of course."
[23:57] Murska: 'Why do you need to know?'
[23:57] Murska: 'It'll most likely be dozens of small skirmishes.'
[23:57] Shadowcaller: "Well, we will learn of it anyway, so you might as well tell us know. We might be able to help."
[23:57] Murska: 'Soon enough. Day or two.'
[23:58] Shadowcaller: "I see. We will see what we can do then."
[23:58] Murska: Aegnor stretches. 'Since you brought such a group for your protection, I guess I should have my guide join us aswell. Hope?'
[00:00] Happy: Hope puts away her readied bow and arrow and comes forward.
[00:00] Murska: 'Got anything to add?'
[00:00] Shadowcaller: "We know who she is…"
[00:01] Murska: 'Obviously. Now, if neither side has anything more to add, I guess we should be on our separate ways. Oh, and please keep clear of the forest if possible from now on.'
[00:02] Happy: "What is your business with the lich?"
[00:02] Shadowcaller: "Well, you need to take this." He puts his hand into his robo, but stops at Hope's question "We have no dealings with the lich or his sister, our agent has."
[00:03] Happy: "Who is your agent?"
[00:03] Shadowcaller: He takes out a flat stone from his robe "You don't need to know that yet, I think he will be revealing himself when the time is right."
[00:04] Shadowcaller: "With this stone, we will be able to contact you, when nessecary."
[00:04] Shadowcaller: He hold out the stone in his gloved hand
[00:04] Murska: 'And that is all it does?'
[00:04] Murska: Aegnor examines the stone.
[00:04] Shadowcaller: "Yes, you can check if its cursed if you like."
[00:05] Shadowcaller: Its obsidan dark, obviously not formed by nature, but artifictial
[00:05] Shadowcaller: Completly flat
[00:05] Happy: "If you know of us, who else does?"
[00:06] Shadowcaller: "Our agent, but we haven't told anyone else."
[00:06] Murska: 'That won't be necessary. One should, as a matter of course, trust one's allies with everything, one's very life included.' Aegnor's voice has just the slightest hint of humor as he takes the stone.
[00:08] Shadowcaller: Nephlim's mask hides whatever reaction he had to that "Well, that is all. I need to get back to a safe place now, if you don't mind."
[00:09] Murska: 'That way.' Aegnor points to the direction leading away from both the recruits and Michicora.
[00:11] Shadowcaller: "Oh, we know our way back." He turns to his companions and says "Lets get back to the temple" in Kyouhen, they instantly starts to move the direction Aegnor pointed out
[00:11] Shadowcaller: "Farwell, I will contact you again when it becomes nessecary."
[00:11] Murska: 'Sure.'
[00:12] Shadowcaller: Nephlim turns around and goes the same way as his bodyguard
[00:12] Shadowcaller: Soon enough, you can't see any of them anymore
[00:13] Murska: Aegnor motions for everyone to reveal themselves. 'Hm. What do you make of this?'
[00:14] Shadowcaller: Michicora shrugs, none of the recruits trust them however
[00:15] Shadowcaller: "We should have killed them right there, those were evil men."
[00:15] Shadowcaller: "They didn't show a inch of skin… they are even hiding their bodies from the sun."
[00:17] Shadowcaller: "Why are we dealing with them? Clearly their intentions weren't honorable." (different persons are saying all of this.)
[00:18] Happy: "Because in a war like this, we choose our battles."
[00:18] Happy: "Remember our objective is not to kill all evildoers, but to open the gate before the world dies from the loss of the spirits."
[00:19] Shadowcaller: "Thats what I said!"
[00:20] Happy: "When we have made the land safe for our tribe, then you can spend your lives chasing honour if you choose. But not before. Until then, your lives belong to the tribe."
[00:20] Shadowcaller: "The spirits are mad and punishes all for the crimes commited by the mongols…"
[00:20] Shadowcaller: (mongols=human.)
[00:21] Shadowcaller: Most of the wolfen agrees with Hope
[00:23] Happy: "These creatures, whatever they are, want the gate open. While their purposes align with ours, we will not try and stop them."
[00:24] Shadowcaller: Marek: "Anything is better then the punishment the spirits are going to cuase us…anything!"
[00:24] Shadowcaller: Wolfen: "Shut up Marek."
[00:25] Shadowcaller: "Yes… we must accept this, for the greater good. As our ancestors did."
[00:26] Shadowcaller: Elf: "We can do this alone, we don't need them."
[00:27] Shadowcaller: "We have magicans right? We have the spirits on our side, we have the mongol gods servants on out side, we have Helena on our side. I do not see how we could lose."
[00:28] Happy: "We will not lose, unless we fight amongst ourselves and refuse to obey our chosen leader."
[00:29] Shadowcaller: The elf mutters somrthing unhearable
[00:29] Shadowcaller: *something
[00:30] Shadowcaller: Wolfen: "When are we going to strike? I really want to kill some of them, they have been hunting us for years now, taking our children, its time for pay-back!"
[00:30] Shadowcaller: Many cheer to that
[00:32] Shadowcaller: The group appears very excited to battle
[00:34] Murska: 'You want a fight?' Aegnor chuckles. 'Yeah right. The priority in this war is to win. You can fight afterwards, if you're so willing.'
[00:35] Shadowcaller: "So, we won't fight then?"
[00:36] Murska: 'We'll win. If that means fighting, then we kill, if allying with someone we don't like, then we do that.'
[00:37] Shadowcaller: "How can you win without figthing? Its a war right?" The wolfen appears confused
[00:38] Shadowcaller: Marek mumbles something
[00:38] Happy: "We win when we open the gate."
[00:39] Murska: SC game
[00:39] Shadowcaller: "Well, they are protecting the gate right? Then we must kill them."
[00:39] Shadowcaller: "Seems pretty simpel to me."
[00:40] Happy: "Weren't you listening? They want the gate open too."
[00:41] Shadowcaller: "Yes, but we get to fight right? Thats what I was wondering about."
[00:43] Happy: Hope waliks to the wolfen who said that, and stands right in front of him, looking up at him.
[00:44] Happy: "What is more important, soldier? Your name or the safety of the tribe?"
[00:45] Shadowcaller: He looks suprised at Hopes sudden approach, even a bit shocked, he is taller then she is, but she is *really* imposing "…tribe?"
[00:48] Happy: "There will be names won in this war. But the person who disobeys orders to seek personal honour will be buried nameless."
[00:50] Shadowcaller: He looks a bit ashamed, the others are also a bit less cheerful "Okay…" Is all he can say in response
[00:53] Happy: Hope steps back, and addresses all of them. "We will win this war as a tribe, for the tribe. We are outnumbered, but we have the strength of Gallion - elf, wolfen, human, and spirit - and We Will Not Fail!"
[00:55] Shadowcaller: Everyone in the group cheer loudly to Hopes speach.
[00:55] Happy: (no death scene for me :'( )
[00:55] Shadowcaller: (you died in Kyou.)
[00:55] Shadowcaller: (Well, busy >.>)
[00:55] Shadowcaller: (I'm not Murska.)
[00:56] Shadowcaller: We'll add a scene later on
[00:57] Shadowcaller: Now would be a great time for Murska to come back thought…
[01:00] Murska: k
[01:01] Happy: (Apparently Hope took leadership on her last level up >.> )
[01:02] Murska: Aegnor gives a half-smile at Hope's speech but hides it quickly. 'Let's get back to camp.'
[01:02] Shadowcaller: Michicora: "Agreed."
[01:03] Shadowcaller: You head back to the camp
[01:03] Shadowcaller: The clearings are already starting to fill up with snow
[01:04] Shadowcaller: You arrive at the camp
[01:04] Shadowcaller: Wolfen and elves comes to greet you, asking their friends what really happend, and of there were any battle
[01:06] Shadowcaller: There is a lot of disscussing going on
[01:07] Shadowcaller: Suroshian meets up with you "What happend?"
[01:08] Murska: 'We met… someone, who claimed to also want the gate open.'
[01:08] Murska: Aegnor describes the meeting.
[01:08] Shadowcaller: "Bird masks? Bloody hell, what are we dealing with here?…"
[01:09] Shadowcaller: "There is no way we can trust them."
[01:10] Murska: 'Obviously. But there's also no way we can decline any help, in our situation.'
[01:10] Shadowcaller: "True."
[01:11] Murska: 'I should go tell Arik about that mysterious agent.'
[01:11] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, I don't want to be too close to him.. and don't fotget the horned one."
[01:11] Shadowcaller: *forget
[01:11] Murska: 'I imagine he won't let me forget…'
[01:12] Murska: Aegnor goes to Arik, tells him he's being watched and also asks him to check the stone.
[01:12] Murska: SC again.
[01:12] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[01:14] Shadowcaller: Arik is not in whatever place he picked as his home thought
[01:33] Happy: Hope goes to check on Cessie.
[01:39] Happy: *poke*

Session Start (moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit#moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit:Group Conversation 29610): Sun Jun 07 01:43:52 2009
[01:43] Murska: Aegnor'll try to find him then.
[01:44] Shadowcaller: Where exactly?
[01:44] Murska: In the camp, asking around if anyone knows where he has gone.
[01:45] Happy: Hope goes to check on Cessie.
[01:46] Shadowcaller: (Looks like I stabbed your rival >.>)
[01:46] Shadowcaller: Hope finds Arik with Cessie
[01:47] Shadowcaller: He stares at her from his hood as she walks in
[01:48] Shadowcaller: Aegnor hears that Arik iw with Cessie
[01:48] Happy: Hope is looking to Cessie.
[01:49] Murska: And so Aegnor arrives there aswell.
[01:49] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Hello Hope… how did it go?"
[01:52] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Ah, here you come from your little hunt, any corpses remaning?"
[01:53] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Can you at least try to be suble about it?"
[01:53] Murska: SC
[01:53] Happy: Hope tells them about what they saw
[01:54] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "…okay, sounds like we have friends."
[01:55] Shadowcaller: "But why did they want the gate open?"
[01:55] Happy: "I wonder who this agent is." *looking at Arik*

[02:02] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Whoever he is, he isn't here right now. Their agent must have seen me else where, if they are telling the truth."
[02:02] Happy: "They knew what you were. How many people know that?"
[02:03] Shadowcaller: Arik: "…you apperently. Cessie did you…" She nods, "DOn't be suprised, I tell them everything."
[02:05] Shadowcaller: Arik: "…so thats how it is? Very well, this explains things. Most likely their agent is some type of wizard who were able to see throught my illusion."
[02:05] Happy: "And they feel confident that they can destroy the wizards without casualties."
[02:06] Shadowcaller: "Intresting… how exactly are they going to do that really?"
[02:06] Happy: "They refused to say."
[02:07] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Sounds strange, you should have tried to ask them more questions… we can't deal with someone who knows more about us then we about them."
[02:08] Shadowcaller: Arik: "They claimed they weren't wizards you say?"
[02:14] Happy: "They said they needed a wizard on their side."
[02:16] Shadowcaller: Arik: "I see… yet they claim to be able to deal with wizards themselves? And have acess to magical items? Something is not right here…"
[02:16] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "*sigh* Getting more complicated."
[02:17] Happy: "Perhaps you should speak to them."
[02:17] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "We can't use telpathy to people we haven't met."
[02:18] Happy: "I mean the stone."
[02:19] Shadowcaller: Arik: "They said they were going to contact us with if where they not? I think thats a one-way communicator."
[02:19] Shadowcaller: "If I still can get my artifacts right…"
[02:20] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "I never came as far as artifacts… that was next grade."
[02:34] Murska: I guess Aegnor enters.
[02:34] Murska: 'Ah, here you are.'
[02:35] Happy: "They said they had a man on the inside, and mentioned a temple."
[02:35] Murska: (eh, really freaking hungry. brb)
[02:37] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Hello Aegnor" She smiles as he enters, Arik pays him no heed however.
[02:38] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Thats not enough information, we need to find out more of these allies of yours."
[02:39] Happy: "We might be able to track them again if we moved quickly, and you used magic."
[02:42] Shadowcaller: Arik: "So now you-" He stops himself looking at Cessie, that is looking directly at him "It would be better if you specified what type of magic to use, if you know any. Instead of asuming that I can just pull it from my hat."
[02:43] Happy: "But I thought magic could do anything." *deadpan tone*
[02:44] Murska: 'Why exactly do we need to find them again anyway?'
[02:45] Happy: "Because Arik doesn't think we asked enough questions."
[02:45] Shadowcaller: (actually, that was Cessie:P)
[02:46] Happy: Arik: "Thats not enough information, we need to find out more of these allies of yours."
[02:46] Murska: 'Well, they'll try to kill the wizards for us and don't expect us to do anything we wouldn't be doing anyway. I'm content with that.'
[02:46] Shadowcaller: (Oh right, but she suggested something like it.)
[02:48] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Well… as long as everything goes well… but we really should't leave such thing alone. We might *need* to know."
[02:50] Shadowcaller: Arik: "I don't take allies I don't know anything about. You can track them right… Hope?"
[02:51] Happy: "Yes."
[02:53] Shadowcaller: "Then we must follow them, I don't have anything better to do in this hole anyway."
[02:54] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Hope… don't do anything you think is dangerous."
[02:57] Shadowcaller: "We have no idea what we are dealing with here after all… maybe we should just wait for them to call?"
[02:57] Happy: "Aegnor? It's your call."
[02:57] Happy: Simone: "Wait. Maybe I can find out something."
[02:57] Shadowcaller: AriK: "His call…?"
[02:57] Happy: She asks the book about hooded men with bird masks who associate with undead.
[02:58] Happy: Hope: "He's the leader."
[02:58] Shadowcaller: Book: "Please specify your answer, there are many groups associated with the undead."
[02:59] Murska: 'Hm. I don't see much of a reason to try and follow them and possibly spark animosity when we don't gain anything by knowing more of them and they're not actually requiring anything of us.'
[03:00] Happy: "But which groups wear bird masks?"
[03:01] Shadowcaller: "There are many types of bird masks, I can not combine the both things since no group is specified to wear bird masks and associate with the undead."
[03:01] Happy: Simone tries bird masks + kyou + temple
[03:02] Shadowcaller: "What temple exaclt? There are a lot of temples in the area."
[03:02] Shadowcaller: *exactly
[03:03] Happy: "Is there any temple where the priests wear bird masks?"
[03:04] Shadowcaller: "There is a cult of Tengu worshippers, but they do not associate with the undead… can you describe the group better?"
[03:05] Happy: Hope describes the bird mask
[03:07] Shadowcaller: "Incorrect, this is not a match."
[03:08] Happy: "What is it's closest match?"
[03:10] Shadowcaller: "The mask you describe are not used by any known groups anymore. They were used by elves and later humans. There is however no active known group that uses these types of masks. They were often associated with death, but changed meaning when a new group inheriated them."
[03:11] Happy: "What was the most recent known group to use them?"
[03:12] Shadowcaller: "A group of humans worshipping spirits, they were eradicated by the emperor however."
[03:16] Shadowcaller: "That was about 10 years ago 3103, Anun."
[03:16] Happy: "Were they having any powers?"
[03:17] Shadowcaller: "Specify "power"."
[03:17] Happy: "Any abilities more than normal humans having."
[03:18] Shadowcaller: "Then no, biologically they weren't any different from any other human."
[03:18] Happy: "Do they having any special training?"
[03:19] Shadowcaller: "Since all training is "special" then yes."
[03:19] Happy: "Describe their training."
[03:21] Shadowcaller: "Newcomers were often required to sacrifice things to the spirits, often crows since they are belived to have a special connection to the spirit world. They were trained for battle due the large number of Scon'tael commandos in the area."
[03:22] Shadowcaller: "They favored light weapons such as knives and short swords."
[03:23] Happy: "What is Scon'tael commando?"
[03:24] Shadowcaller: "Scon'tael is a group of elves and wolfen. A Scon'tael commando is a group of 20-30 of them."
[03:25] Happy: "What was the name of the group that used the masks?"
[03:26] Shadowcaller: "Otheros."
[03:26] Happy: "Were Otheros and the Scon'tael groups opposed to one another?"
[03:27] Shadowcaller: "Scon'tael was opposed to all human acticity, therefore they were oppsed to Otheros."
[03:28] Happy: "Did Otheros have ability to fight wizards?"
[03:28] Shadowcaller: "No, not by themselves no."
[03:28] Happy: "If they wanting to fight wizards, who give them help?"
[03:29] Happy: (interrogating a book… -.- )
[03:29] Shadowcaller: "Spirits possibly, but unlikely."
[03:30] Happy: "Are there any groups besides witchars who can fight wizards?"
[03:30] Shadowcaller: "Other wizards, spirits, dragons."
[03:33] Happy: "Are there any dragons around Kyou?"
[03:34] Shadowcaller: "Dragons are as far as we know extincted."
[03:34] Murska: (Why doesn't the book ask to specify? After all, everyone CAN fight wizards)
[03:35] Happy: "Aegnor, maybe you asking spirits if they working with this group."
[03:35] Murska: 'Which spirits exactly? Most are still mad…'
[03:36] Happy: "The ones that aren't mad then."
[03:36] Happy: to book: "Which spirits do Otheros work with?"
[03:36] Shadowcaller: Book: "All spirits, not anything specified."
[03:37] Shadowcaller: "They worshipped all of them."
[03:37] Happy: "Do bird masks represent any special spirits?"
[03:37] Murska: (Ask about the death-connection)
[03:38] Happy: (She's asking this stuff out loud. You can suggest stuff too.)
[03:38] Shadowcaller: "What the masks orginally represented was crows, which in turn represent death."
[03:39] Shadowcaller: "Possibly spirits of death, but the Otheros just inheriated the masks from another from, so that might not be the true."
[03:40] Happy: "Do spirits of death have a scent?"
[03:40] Shadowcaller: "Scent?"
[03:40] Happy: "Wolfen say they smell something like undead. Coudl they have smelled death spirits?"
[03:42] Shadowcaller: "Spirits do not have smell, but it is a possibility that they sensed a unatural presense."
[03:45] Happy: Simone looks to Arik. "You having any questions? Or you, Miss Cessie?"
[03:46] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Tell me exactly, what temples are in the nearby area?"
[03:46] Shadowcaller: Book: "Specify nearby."
[03:48] Shadowcaller: AriK: *sigh* "Within 5 miles?"
[03:49] Shadowcaller: "There are 10 temples within 5 miles from you current location."
[03:49] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Whole temples?"
[03:49] Shadowcaller: "Yes."
[03:50] Happy: (wait, what? I thought we were days travel from anything? O.o)
[03:50] Shadowcaller: (Yeah, but these temples are basically forgotten, not much but ruins left.)
[03:51] Shadowcaller: (There are a lot of shrines to the kami after all.)
[03:52] Shadowcaller: "Any tempels with known worshippers?"
[03:52] Shadowcaller: "No."
[03:52] Shadowcaller: *temples
[03:53] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Ugh, I thought you said that those birds had maces right?"
[03:53] Happy: "Where were the Otheros last based?"
[03:54] Shadowcaller: Book: "A temple devouted to the kami 32 miles from this location."
[03:55] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "But the Otheros had short sword and knivess…"
[03:55] Shadowcaller: *knives
[03:56] Happy: "So you thinking this a new group?"
[03:58] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Just saying that it could be, or they simply changed weapons. But I'm too tired to think anyway… your desperate when your listening to people who's head feel very fuzzy…"
[04:02] Shadowcaller: (hm, go to bed?)
[04:03] Happy: (yeah)
[04:03] Shadowcaller: (Since I feel like Cessie right now…)
[04:03] Murska: I agree with Cessie, yeah
[04:03] Shadowcaller: Good night, do you save this happy?
[04:04] Happy: yes

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License