Kyou 44

[17:07] Murska: and here, the scouting parties have just left, they'll be traveling some of the way together before separating
[17:07] Murska: but nothing much will be happening here yet if you don't want to RP
[17:08] Happy: Michicora is pretty quiet
[17:08] Happy: so not much to rp
[17:11] Murska: So, they travel for the day, set up camp
[17:12] Murska: the next morning continue travel, until after a few hours one of the scouting parties, two wolfen males who seem quite eager, separate and go on their own route.
[17:12] Happy: (Hoping to earn names, I imagine)
[17:13] Murska: The NPCs will be chatting with each other but not that much with Hope who, they hear from rumours, has had something happen to her mate.
[17:14] Murska: So, near the end of the second day of travel the other group also separates
[17:15] Murska: and Hope and Michigora proceed towards the area of which I still don't have a map so I guess I'll have to wing it
[17:15] Murska: cora*
[17:25] Happy: So the Huntresses move on, scouting and being all scouty and stuff.
[17:26] Murska: They reach the road on the third day. It's stone-paved and seems to be pretty straight. They're supposed to be on the Kyou side of the (two?) bridges now.
[17:27] Happy: (We're on the route nearest the city?)
[17:28] Murska: (No, you're the middle group, scouting the bridges)
[17:29] Happy: (okay)
[17:29] Happy: We travel along the road but out of sight of it.
[17:30] Murska: Towards the bridges, I assume.
[17:30] Happy: Yes.
[17:36] Murska: Everything seems silent, the road seems abandoned. After a while, nearing the first bridge, you see there is a small stone tower.
[17:37] Happy: Does it appear inhabited?
[17:37] Murska: Yes.
[17:37] Murska: (This is 'at' the bridge)
[17:38] Happy: Try to determine how many people, how they are armed, and so on.
[17:39] Murska: The scouts approach carefully. This seems to be quite an old building but shows signs of being much-used. There are men of the Guard there, more than you'd usually assume in a place like that.
[17:40] Murska: They seem to be mostly bowmen, though, along with a group of guardsmen with swords which seems to be departing towards the second bridge.
[17:40] Murska: As you observe this, another guard group approaches with a few wagons from Kyou
[17:41] Happy: Approximate numbers/
[17:41] Happy: ?
[17:42] Murska: The group leaving to bridge 2 is eight men strong, one of them a sergeant. The permanently stationed guards, or ones who seem like that, you see at least ten of them total but more might be inside. And the wagons are protected by twelve more. Two wagons.
[17:47] Happy: We wait and watch, hoping the wagons will be unloaded and the guards return to Kyou with it.
[17:48] Murska: The guards at the tower take something out of the wagons and take it to the tower, but most of the contents are left untouched. The eight-guard group has left already.
[17:48] Happy: How large is the 'something'?
[17:48] Murska: A couple boxes.
[17:49] Shadowcaller: (hm, I guess there are no cutlery in the village?)
[17:49] Happy: (There are wooden implements, I imagine.)
[17:49] Shadowcaller: (Wood spoons then?)
[17:50] Shadowcaller: (But I can't think there are wooden forks…)
[17:50] Murska: (And most people have a small knife)
[17:51] Murska: (For example, meat is eaten by skewering a piece to the knife and ripping out bites of it with your teeth)
[17:51] Happy: (there are wooden combs, so I imagine wooden forks would be fairly easy)
[17:51] Murska: (Forks are for rich people. :P)=
[17:52] Happy: What happens to the wagons after the Macguffin Boxes are removed?
[17:52] Shadowcaller: (yeah, I doubt these people have either wooden combs or forks.)
[17:52] Happy: (SC, do you want to be Michi in this chat, so you have a character?)
[17:53] Murska: They keep going on the road towards the other bridge)
[18:01] Happy: *pokes SC for answer*
[18:04] Shadowcaller: (Err… if I don't have to do that much.)
[18:06] Happy: Is there any way to get to the bridge itself without being seen? Perhaps travelling under it along the river?
[18:08] Murska: No, the tower is placed so it overlooks the road and the riverbanks are quite steep, the river is rather fast.
[18:09] Happy: What does the bridge appear to be made of?
[18:12] Murska: Stone. It's very practical, not that fancy-looking.
[18:14] Happy: Then we withdraw and wait for telepathic contact.
[18:14] Murska: It comes on time, an hour or so later.
[18:15] Murska: Saren on the line, speaking. :P
[18:16] Happy: /We're at the first bridge. It is made of stone, and appears to be guarded by around ten men, though there may be more in the tower. Can you pass this on to Aegnor and get his input?/
[18:17] Murska: (And whoever's RPing him again…)
[18:17] Happy: (you want me to be Seren?)
[18:18] Murska: (Go ahead. Anyway, the timeline is very different so he won't actually talk to Aegnor)
[18:19] Shadowcaller: (Select a pick in insanowar Murska? >.>)
[18:20] Murska: (Isn't it Lex's turn)
[18:20] Shadowcaller: (Oh right.)
[18:21] Shadowcaller: (And really, there might be some… hard feelings between the elves & wolfen and a human.)
[18:21] Happy: (nah, turns don't really matter. go ahead.)
[18:21] Happy: (why can't Seren talk to Aegnor?)
[18:21] Murska: (Because it happens three days from now. >.>)
[18:22] Murska: (in that timescale)
[18:22] Happy: (and Aegnor's dead then?)
[18:22] Murska: (Two, I think)
[18:22] Murska: (Well, if we want to add a third chat for the 'two days from now in the village, Seren walks to Aegnor' thing…)
[18:23] Happy: (Well Hope isn't going to attack unless Aegnor tells her she can. So we can always freeze this timeline here until the other one catches up.)
[18:25] Murska: (Her mission isn't to attack anyway, but to scout. The route goes first that they continue up the river until the two merge, where there's a much older and less-used bridge and then go check the second bridge)
[18:26] Happy: (So she was given instructions /not/ to attack?)
[18:26] Murska: (No, just that the main goal of the mission is to bring back information with which they can plan the attack on the bridges)
[18:28] Happy: In that case, they'll spend a day watching the bridge to learn the watches and habits of the guards, and watch for any weaknesses.
[18:30] Murska: There seem to be frequent four-man patrols on the road. The rest of the guards, of whom you see thirteen in total, spend time in or around the tower.
[18:32] Murska: Later that day, the wagons return
[18:32] Murska: and four of the soldiers near the tower go with them back to Kyou
[18:33] Shadowcaller: (Alegias might sneak out a few times to gather herbs.)
[18:34] Happy: *gasp* There's a secret GM chat!
[18:34] Murska: (*gasp*)
[18:34] Happy: (Alegias is stationed at this tower then?)
[18:34] Murska: (No.)
[18:35] Shadowcaller: (No.)
[18:37] Happy: All of this information is passed on via telepathy. Unless Aegnor wants them to go after the wagons, they'll move on.
[18:37] Murska: The wagons which are empty and going to Kyou? No thanks. :P
[18:39] Happy: Do they need to cross the river?

Session Start (moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit#moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit:Group Conversation 14935): Tue May 26 18:42:08 2009
[18:42] Shadowcaller: (poky)
[18:43] Happy: [18:37] Happy: All of this information is passed on via telepathy. Unless Aegnor wants them to go after the wagons, they'll move on.
[18:37] Murska: The wagons which are empty and going to Kyou? No thanks. :P
[18:39] Happy: Do they need to cross the river?
[18:43] Murska: 'kay, no they don't while going upriver to the older bridge, but afterwards they will
[18:44] Happy: Then off they go.
[18:47] Murska: They travel for a while, and after some time see the other river separating from this one. Once, Michicora catches a glimpse of what might've been a patrol on the other side, but the rest of the trip goes uneventfully, until they arrive at a stone bridge which has fallen into some disrepair
[18:51] Happy: Look for guards.
[18:52] Murska: They see none, but there's an oft-travelled path to and from the bridge, you can determine from the tracks that there are patrols in the area.
[18:53] Happy: Then we examine the bridge.
[18:53] Happy: How badly damaged is it?
[18:54] Murska: It isn't in /that/ bad of a shape, but it doesn't seem to be cared for that much. It's been built very sturdily, though. You surmise that it was the main bridge to Kyou before the Empire's engineers created the straighter and faster road with two bridges required.
[18:55] Happy: Is there anything quick and easy that they can do to further damage the bridge?
[18:57] Murska: Hit me with your ideas, I can't think of anything. It's rather sturdy, as I said.
[19:01] Happy: Loose stones? Loose earth around the supports? Perhaps a dead tree that could be quickly felled in such a way to fall on the bridge?
[19:03] Murska: Well, they could maybe get a tree on the bridge with quite some work but the next patrol would just clear it. The bridge has got a few loose stones but not enough to collapse it. And the supports hold firm.
[19:03] Happy: Well I was hoping the tree would damage it, but if it's not an easy job, then we'll leave it.
[19:04] Happy: Again, hide and observe, and report movements.
[19:04] Happy: Patrol frequency and size and how they are armed.
[19:05] Murska: You see two patrols pass, one from your side of the river and one from the other, they alternate. They hold swords and one of them has a bow. Four men. There seems to be a patrol on regular intervals every few hours
[19:08] Happy: After getting that information, we move on, and look for a good place to cross the river without being seen.
[19:09] Happy: or just use the bridge once the patrols are gone.
[19:09] Murska: Well, the bridge itself is one. :P
[19:09] Murska: yeah
[19:18] Happy: Then they cross and move on
[19:19] Murska: Finally they reach the second bridge. It appears there's a small camp being readied next to the tower near it. This tower is larger and the bridge is a bit wider aswell.
[19:20] Happy: Same process. Hide and observe. Count troops. Learn movements.
[19:21] Murska: There are some twenty soldiers here, eight of whom seem to be building up the camp rather quickly. There are also some supplies around. Patrols are regularly sent both along the road and along the river upstream.
[19:22] Happy: Building up a camp for more people than are actually here?
[19:22] Murska: Yup.
[19:23] Murska: You'd assume it's for less than a hundred based on the materials and the area they seem to be taking, but like all military camps, it's standardized and thus easily made larger later
[19:24] Happy: Anything easily flammable?
[19:25] Murska: Well, it's made of wood and tents
[19:26] Happy: Hope asks Michicora, "What do you think of shooting some flaming arrows into the camp, to cause some disruption? Do you think we could get away without them finding us?"
[19:27] Shadowcaller: "Later I assume?"
[19:27] Happy: "I meant before we move on today."
[19:28] Shadowcaller: "That would make them aware of hostiles in the area… its better if we stay hidden for now in my opinion."
[19:29] Happy: Hope nods in agreement. They continue to watch the camp and learn all the patrols before moving on. (Are they supposed to move on from here to locate the advancing army now?)
[19:30] Murska: (No, that's for the group that separated first)
[19:30] Happy: (Also, you two should make your next insanowar picks)
[19:30] Murska: A traveller approaches the bridge later on that day.
[19:31] Murska: He's a man, walking alone. He has an odd cloak which also covers the whole of his left arm.
[19:33] Happy: Is this the first traveller we've seen, other than troops and supplies?
[19:33] Murska: yup
[19:34] Happy: (yay! Insanowar six is using my map :) )
[19:37] Shadowcaller: (yay!)
[19:48] Happy: Watch the traveller
[19:49] Murska: He walks confidently towards the bridge, where the soldiers stop him. After some conversation, he turns and appears to leave back to where he came from.
[19:51] Happy: Are we on the same side of the river as him?
[19:51] Murska: yup
[19:51] Murska: You see him walk out of sight of the guards and then turn to go upstream.
[19:52] Happy: "I think we should go and talk to him. At the very least, he may be willing to tell us what he's seen in the direction he came from."
[19:53] Shadowcaller: "Talk to him? He is most likely in league with the prey… I can't show any mercy for them."
[19:55] Murska: The man walks alone, not that far from you.
[19:55] Happy: "I doubt it, if they would not let him pass."
[19:56] Shadowcaller: "He could have been a spy.. someone who gave them information."
[19:58] Happy: "Cover him from here. I'll speak to him. If hostilities break out, then kill him."
[19:58] Shadowcaller: "I will."
[19:59] Happy: Hope quietly climbs down from the tree.
[20:01] Happy: After moving quietly a little ways away from the tree, she starts to walk with less care to approach the man from a different direction so that she'll probably be heard coming.
[20:02] Murska: The man, after hearing her, hides.
[20:02] Murska: By going off the path and into the trees and going behind one
[20:03] Happy: She walks past, curious to see if he means to surprise her or remain hidden.
[20:07] Murska: As she walks closer to him, he steps out in clear sight, keeping his arms visible.
[20:09] Happy: Hope stops, her hands also visible and weaponless. "Hello?"
[20:09] Murska: (Common?)
[20:10] Happy: (yeah. She only knows two languages, after all)
[20:10] Murska: He seems a bit suprised at hearing it. 'Well met.'
[20:10] Murska: 'What brings you here?'
[20:11] Happy: "My people are travellers. We follow the prey."
[20:12] Murska: Now that he's closer, you can see he is a man, probably in his twenties, with a short beard. His clothing is rather worn, common for travellers, and there seem to be a lot of pouches and pockets. The cloak around his left arm seems to have been stitched back together multiple times with quite colourful threads.
[20:13] Murska: 'Ah. I'm just a traveller, new to these parts. The rude men near the bridge told me the road's closed. '
[20:14] Happy: "They prepare for war, I think."
[20:14] Murska: 'Seemed so. A military camp and all those messengers riding back and forth.'
[20:15] Happy: "You come from <insert name of whatever city the road leads to>?"
[20:17] Murska: 'I don't really come from anywhere. I've been in that city aswell but I last stayed in Haerst.'(A small town a bit off the route of the main road but still has a connection to it via another road, if anyone knows)
[20:22] Happy: "The Empire is not friendly to outsiders. I'm surprised you've gotten this far."
[20:22] Murska: 'Well, it isn't blocked off or anything. I survive on my own if necessary.'
[20:25] Happy: "My name is Hope. Would you care to take a meal with me and exchange news?"
[20:26] Murska: The man bows slightly and smiles. 'Of course. It's nice to meet someone friendly around here.'
[20:29] Happy: Hope finds a place to sit that is within range of where Michicora is watching them, and takes care that she's not blocking the shot.
[20:30] Happy: She takes out some dried venison and shares it with him. "I've heard there's an army marching towards Kyou? have you seen it?"
[20:31] Murska: 'I haven't seen the army but there were quite some messengers riding back and forth.'
[20:35] Happy: "Interesting that you would try to travel into a war zone. Most people would want to go the other way."
[20:36] Murska: His face has a hint of a smile as he says. 'I'm not most people. And it's not like I'm going to go fight.'
[20:38] Happy: "Are you sure? Able-bodied men often become conscripts."
[20:39] Murska: 'I can take care of myself. Besides, I'm a traveller, I wouldn't last a week in an army before running off somewhere.'
[20:42] Happy: "But why would you go that way in the first place? Or is your motive as secret as your name?"
[20:46] Murska: He facepalms. 'Sorry, sorry. My name is Naib.'
[20:46] Happy: Hope laughs, showing she is not offended.
[20:51] Murska: He smiles and takes some of his own rations out aswell to share.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License