Exodus 05

Session Start (moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit#moc.evil|eltrutyppah-anit:Group Conversation 19572): Sun Jul 12 20:48:16 2009
[20:48] Murska: .
[20:48] Hope: ohai
[20:48] Shadowcaller: Hello
[20:49] Shadowcaller: We were talking about things in the IF that turned out much better then expected
[20:49] Shadowcaller: Like Ai or Simone
[20:50] Murska: Would 'IF' count?
[20:50] Hope: :)
[20:50] Hope: very much so
[20:50] Shadowcaller: Yeah
[20:50] Hope: and we were only doing that because the forums were down
[20:51] Shadowcaller: Kind of ironic >,>
[20:52] Shadowcaller: How is the headace by the way Happy?
[20:52] Hope: pretty horrible
[20:52] Hope: I hope it's gone by tomorrow
[20:53] Shadowcaller: Yeah, would be pretty bad to have it at that meeting >.>
[20:54] Shadowcaller: Um I don't really remember the last thing we did in the IF
[20:55] Hope: the log is up
[20:56] Shadowcaller: Right we keep moving then?
[20:57] Hope: WW is still spying on Derek.
[20:57] Hope: Occasionally spooking the camels.
[20:59] Hope: any rp you can think of that doesn't need Murska?
[21:01] Shadowcaller: Hm..
[21:01] Shadowcaller: Can you think of any?
[21:01] Murska: Am I to assume you need me? :P
[21:01] Hope: Of course we need you :)
[21:02] Murska: 'kay, hmm.
[21:02] Murska: So, since the party itself is just travelling in an endless loop involving plot-timing
[21:02] Murska: let's focus on WW for a moment
[21:03] Hope: Okay. What is Derek up to?
[21:03] Murska: Derek is slowly getting better
[21:03] Murska: and orders the large scouting group to get going, which they do, even though it leaves the camp itself under-camel'd
[21:04] Hope: Is he trying to come up with ways of harming spirits yet?
[21:05] Murska: They haven't gotten a chance to try their weapons at WW and they don't really have much else right now. He is waiting for 'Frey' to return.
[21:07] Shadowcaller: (sec.)
[21:09] Shadowcaller: (back.)
[21:11] Murska: Oh, and as the exodus proceeds, they start noticing something large and brown on the horizon.
[21:11] Shadowcaller: Like mountain brown?
[21:12] Murska: Like flying dust brown. As they go closer they see it's a giant duststorm.
[21:12] Murska: It's some way to their east.
[21:12] Shadowcaller: Oh
[21:12] Murska: And doesn't seem to be moving.
[21:12] Shadowcaller: So they are moving in its direction?
[21:12] Murska: They'll pass it on it's east side
[21:13] Hope: Hope asks Naib: "Is that normal, for a duststorm to be unmoving?"
[21:13] Murska: 'No…' He's staring at it, standing near the edge of their camp for the night.
[21:14] Shadowcaller: "So its something supernatural? Magic?"
[21:14] Shadowcaller: (Can Cessie feel any magic about it?)
[21:15] Murska: She feels 'something' but it doesn't feel like any kind of magic she's encountered.
[21:15] Murska: And it's rather weak.
[21:15] Shadowcaller: So there is magic in there, but its unlikely to have cuased the storm itself?
[21:15] Murska: Hey, speculate all you wish.
[21:16] Murska: There's something weak and not quite natural.
[21:16] Shadowcaller: Okay
[21:16] Murska: 'I don't know… that shouldn't happen.'
[21:16] Hope: "Maybe we should send a scouting group to check it out. I wouldn't like to leave a threat behind us."
[21:16] Shadowcaller: "I feel something in it… but its odd."
[21:16] Shadowcaller: "I don't know what to make of it."
[21:17] Murska: 'If it started to move we'd be in trouble.'
[21:17] Murska: 'This way, that is.
[21:17] Hope: "How do we handle duststorms anyway?"
[21:18] Shadowcaller: "It might be used to cover something else…
[21:18] Murska: 'Place tents so no surface faces the wind directly, hide under them and keep airholes open.'
[21:19] Shadowcaller: "We should keep moving as fast as possible, but if there is something magic in there…"
[21:19] Shadowcaller: "I might want to check it out."
[21:19] Murska: Aegnor: 'Windwalker says they've sent a scouting group after us…'
[21:19] Shadowcaller: "We keep moving then."
[21:20] Shadowcaller: "I don't want another fight on our hands."
[21:22] Shadowcaller: (We keep moving then? Or is it sleepy time?)
[21:22] Shadowcaller: (Not that many would like to sleep if we know we got scouts after us…)
[21:22] Murska: It's evening and they've made camp for the night
[21:23] Shadowcaller: I guess they sleep then
[21:23] Murska: Anyway, back to WW
[21:23] Murska: that was just a short cutscene
[21:25] Shadowcaller: (I guess we should poke Happy?:P)
[21:25] Hope: (GM chat… >.> )
[21:25] Shadowcaller: (GM chat?)
[21:26] Shadowcaller: (Darn.)
[21:27] Hope: Cessie's doomed… DOOOOMED!
[21:27] Shadowcaller: (Then I will start with the S.E.U. update then >.>)
[21:27] Shadowcaller: (Also, as a little bonus I will tell you what happend:P)
[21:27] Shadowcaller: (You lynched a already dead person
)
[21:28] Shadowcaller: (Night is offically over anyway >.>)
[21:28] Hope: haha
[21:28] Murska: Heh.
[21:30] Murska: Soon after the scouting group leaves on the same day, the three riders who left northwards return to the soldier camp. WW happens to not hear what they tell Derek due to being off spooking camels or whatever he does on his freetime just as they arrived and were rushed to him, but it made him very, very mad.
[21:31] Hope: ooh
[21:32] Hope: Damn inconvenient camel spooking.
[21:32] Shadowcaller: Indeed
[21:34] Murska: He shoves off the medics and gets onto his feet for the first time after the injury, although he's still weak, and orders more men after the scouting group which went after us. Twenty more out of fifty, in fact, since they have to keep the thirty with camels remaining at the camp to be able to actually do their duties. He's convinced by the sergeants to not send those aswell.
[21:34] Hope: … eep
[21:35] Hope: /There is trouble. There are more men being sent after you./
[21:35] Hope: /Their alpha is angry about something he heard./
[21:35] Murska: /How many?/
[21:35] Hope: /Twenty more./
[21:37] Hope: (… what did he hear? It made him connect Windwalker to us somehow… O.o)
[21:37] Murska: (Actually he had already done that in his own mind.)
[21:37] Murska: (The sergeants aren't so sure but he is)
[21:37] Murska: (A bit unreasonable due to being really angry)
[21:38] Murska: (Anyway, he heard that the Empire has no people or equipment to send for him to help against spirits)
[21:40] Shadowcaller: (brb.)
[21:42] Hope: How far behind us are the first set of scouts?
[21:45] Shadowcaller: (back.)
[21:45] Murska: They'll catch you in two and a half days if you guess their pace correctly
[21:47] Hope: Windwalker is upset with himself for failing to kill Derek.
[21:48] Hope: How far behind is the second group?
[21:48] Murska: A day, almost.
[21:51] Hope: We probably aren't hard to track either. A caravan of two hundred people…
[21:57] Shadowcaller: (So…)
[21:57] Hope: (I'm not really coming up with anything for this… :S)
[21:58] Shadowcaller: (Coming up with what exactly?)
[21:58] Shadowcaller: (WW don't really need to do anything but scout.)
[21:59] Hope: (Well he keeps doing that. I mean how the party will handle the desert guard.)
[21:59] Murska: (I got it covered.)
[21:59] Murska: Anyway, /Well, I don't think you got much to do there. Maybe you should tag along one of the groups after us./
[22:00] Shadowcaller: (Attack them from behind!)
[22:00] Shadowcaller: (When they attack us that is >.>)
[22:00] Shadowcaller: (You would think Derek personally would want to lead the attack…)
[22:03] Murska: (He can't even walk around for more than a minute at a time or so… >.>)
[22:03] Shadowcaller: (Right, but still.)
[22:03] Hope: (yeah, riding a camel would be pretty hard)
[22:03] Hope: Windwalker takes Aegnor's advice and follows the group.
[22:04] Murska: The night after they spot the duststorm for the first time, Cessie has yet another dream.
[22:05] Murska: This time she's hovering above where the camp is. The whispers are there, coming from the duststorm which seems much larger than it really seemed, on the horizon.
[22:06] Shadowcaller: (is she supposed to react to this?)
[22:06] Murska: (Well that's for you to decide.)
[22:06] Murska: (That's what she sees/hears)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: (Well the last dream was just a one shot scene so I was just wondering >.>)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: She tries to make out the whispers.
[22:08] Murska: The language spoken is at times something completely unrecognizable and, with her experience, clearly not elvish with the lack of the 'musical' sound, but at times it's in elvish aswell, accented and spoken in a 'human' way. She hears 'Help' multiple times again.
[22:09] Shadowcaller: "What do you want help with?" She asks out loud, not really expecting a asnwer.
[22:09] Shadowcaller: *answer
[22:09] Murska: In elvish?
[22:09] Shadowcaller: Yeah
[22:09] Murska: She just hears 'Help… me.' again
[22:10] Shadowcaller: SHe flies a bit closer to the dust storm, trying to see if the whispers change now
[22:11] Murska: She moves closer to it, but as she does, she finds herself unable to stop, being drawn towards it.
[22:12] Shadowcaller: She attempts to cast magic, just to see if it still works in the dream or whatever this is, air elemental to be specific.
[22:13] Murska: As she attempts to contact her magic, she feels the storm, the first clouds of which she's just entering, take hold of it(it's a dream, she can't explain it later) and make her unable to actually control it.
[22:13] Murska: She's sucked into the duststorm, somehow unaffected by the flying sand although she can't see anything.
[22:14] Shadowcaller: She feels oddly calm despite this and allows herself to be dragged down by the sand
[22:15] Shadowcaller: Or whatever it
[22:15] Shadowcaller: *is
[22:16] Murska: It envelops her. But through the howling winds, she hears something. The whisper, 'help', which then changes into a common sound she just cannot place.
[22:16] Murska: As she flies farther into the storm, she finally realizes it's flowing water just as she sees through the storm at the same dark shapes as in the first dream.
[22:16] Murska: And then she wakes up again.
[22:17] Hope: (I'm reading the scene where Cessie was separated from the party. I'd forgotten how much fun the nature spirits were to play.)
[22:17] Shadowcaller: (What nature spirits exactly?)
[22:17] Hope: [01:53] Happy: Before she gets there, the trees shake, and leaves fall into a soft heap. Once Cessie sits down, shrubbery begins sprouting from the ground around her until she's completely hidden in a ring of greenery. A few tiny pixies fly out of the bushes. "Lie down, fire human. Take your rest."
[01:54] Shadowcaller: "…how did you do that?" *she leans again the tree*
[01:54] Happy: "How do you make fire?"
[22:17] Hope: [01:56] Shadowcaller: "Well, the energy is called from elsewhere, then the energy can become any type of energy at all."
[01:56] Murska: ( brb food)
[01:57] Happy: Happy is too tired to argue, and falls asleep at once.
[01:57] Happy: "Oh. That's not how we do it."
[01:57] Shadowcaller: "I don't want to go technical, but once the enr- its not?"
[02:00] Happy: "We sang the bushes here." One pixie says. "No, the bushes came because we wanted them here," another says. "The water told them." "No, the dryad told them." "They came because they like the singing one and wanted to keep his fire human safe." "Yes, that's it." "Oh yeah."
[02:00] Shadowcaller: "But… that don't explain anything at all."
[22:18] Shadowcaller: (Well, did didn't:P)
[22:19] Hope: (How could they explain what they don't understand? ^^)
[22:19] Shadowcaller: She wakes up blinking, confused. These dreams are getting to her somehow. They can't be normal. That dust cloud…
[22:20] Shadowcaller: She wakes up Aegnor that I assume is sleeping next to her
[22:20] Shadowcaller: (They don't even understand their own magic? Fools!)
[22:20] Murska: He wakes up again. 'Huh?'
[22:21] Shadowcaller: "The dream, it came to me again. I don't think its normal."
[22:22] Shadowcaller: "That dustcloud, there is something with it. I don't know what is but… its magic."
[22:22] Shadowcaller: "It pulled me in into it in the dream."
[22:23] Murska: 'Hmm. Is it bad?'
[22:24] Shadowcaller: "I don't know, maybe. I was a bit paniced there a moment, mostly beacuse I could not control my own magic in the dream."
[22:25] Murska: 'I wonder… it's probably best we try to avoid the duststorm if possible.'
[22:26] Shadowcaller: "Maybe.. I wish I could have time to study it thought, I could be a unknown magical phenomena."
[22:26] Murska: 'Well, didn't we agree to return to the desert later?'
[22:27] Shadowcaller: "We did?
[22:28] Murska: 'To avoid collateral damage, remember?' He smiles. 'But we should sleep…'
[22:29] Shadowcaller: "Right…" She yawns sleepily "We should."
[22:29] Shadowcaller: She kisses him good night and then they fall asleep I guess
[22:31] Murska: Time passes without much of note, as the two army groups approach you steadily, while you continue your route, taking you a bit closer to the duststorm. Cessie hears weak whispers the following nights but nothing 'vision-ish' like the dreams before were.
[22:33] Murska: Finally the first enemy group, despite your efforts, comes within sight range. They spread out, mostly on your north and west side, getting quite close while never approaching close enough to be within bowshot.
[22:33] Murska: They send a few riders back towards the soldier camp, who meet the other group and join it instead.
[22:34] Hope: Hope and the soldiers try and set up a defense, I guess.
[22:35] Shadowcaller: Cessie sets up a lot of spells such as Air Elemental
[22:35] Murska: So they stop moving?
[22:35] Shadowcaller: SHe saves the fire elemental for later
[22:35] Shadowcaller: (I never said that >.>)
[22:37] Hope: Hope to Aegnor (quietly): "All I can think of is to stand and fight to give the caravan time to escape."
[22:37] Shadowcaller: (Just a few notes about elementals, they as real energy can't be killed. They just shift form AKA becomes another type of elemental.)
[22:38] Murska: 'They seem to be waiting for the reinforcements to arrive. And we can't really attack them either, unless they want to fight.'
[22:38] Shadowcaller: (They go back to their own realm when they do so.)
[22:38] Hope: "No, but at some point they'll attack. And then what?"
[22:39] Shadowcaller: (They are the clear opposite of spirits since they are made by magic and "breathes" spirit energy.)
[22:39] Shadowcaller: "Could we… the storm."
[22:39] Shadowcaller: "Would they follow us?"
[22:40] Hope: "What? Take the caravan into the storm? That would be suicide."
[22:40] Shadowcaller: "As a last choice…"
[22:40] Shadowcaller: "We must take all options under inspection here Hope."
[22:41] Murska: 'They seem to be avoiding going too close to it. But we can't enter a duststorm either…'
[22:42] Shadowcaller: "Its not a normal storm… I could try to send in the elemental in it."
[22:44] Hope: Hope has no opinion on the magic. "I don't think we can prevail over them in combat. All we can hope to do is kill enough of them that they retreat. We have a lot more to lose than they do." She doesn't say, but Aegnor will know, that this would pretty much be a suicide battle for the Gallion soldiers.
[22:46] Shadowcaller: "We could… I have all my fly and invisibility spells left."
[22:47] Hope: "You'd need to stay with the caravan, Cessie."
[22:47] Shadowcaller: "We might be able to attack this small group before they notice us."
[22:47] Murska: 'And would we survive that? They'd have us in the open…'
[22:48] Shadowcaller: "They always have us in the open."
[22:48] Shadowcaller: "If we could sneak up to them with the help of some magic…"
[22:49] Hope: "If it buys the lives and freedom of the villagers, then it would be well purchased."
[22:49] Shadowcaller: "I'm not planning to sacrifice myself Hope."
[22:49] Murska: 'And if we die, it won't help the villagers in any way.'
[22:50] Shadowcaller: "Just… magic can solve this, we just need to find the right uses for it."
[22:51] Hope: "I can't think of anything else but to take as many of them with us as we can."
[22:51] Shadowcaller: "Thats silly, I'm not going to die on some last stand here."
[22:52] Murska: Aegnor sighs. 'Well. I have the flute.'
[22:52] Shadowcaller: "WIll it really work in the middle of a battle?"
[22:53] Murska: 'I could get close to use it with spells…'
[22:53] Shadowcaller: "If I use both the fire elemental and the air elemental… I'm sure those camels are afraid of fire."
[22:54] Shadowcaller: "The spell will break as soon as you use the flute… If you are going , then so am I."
[22:56] Hope: Simone: "Can you use air magic to make sure everyone hear flute?"
[22:57] Murska: 'But we'll have to wait until they group together…'
[22:57] Shadowcaller: "It dosen't really work like that i'm afraid. Wind magic is not my strong side."
[23:00] Shadowcaller: "Okay, should we go with the flue plan then? If that dosen't work we can always fly away from them."
[23:01] Hope: (I don't have much energy left…)
[23:01] Shadowcaller: (:S)
[23:01] Hope: (maybe an hour?)
[23:01] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[23:01] Hope: (of rp time left, I mean. I don't know if we can resolve it in that time though)
[23:02] Shadowcaller: (Magic can solve everything!:P)
[23:02] Shadowcaller: (In time too >.>)
[23:02] Murska: (We might.)
[23:02] Shadowcaller: (Plot speed Aegnor, plot speed.)
[23:03] Shadowcaller: (What do you think of the suggestion then?)
[23:03] Hope: (Who is she planning on casting it on? Not the whole caravan)
[23:04] Shadowcaller: (Just the ones sent in to use the flute on them.)
[23:04] Shadowcaller: (She and Aegnor.)
[23:04] Shadowcaller: (Possibly Hope I guess.)
[23:06] Hope: (Anyway… )
[23:06] Shadowcaller: "ANy other ideas?"
[23:07] Murska: 'Not really. I guess we'll have to go with that.'
[23:07] Shadowcaller: "We are coming then? I can cast silence too so we can't be heard either."
[23:07] Shadowcaller: (That spell have a lot of uses:P)
[23:08] Hope: "But we want to be noticed, so they'll gather around us, right?"
[23:08] Shadowcaller: (In other certain areas >.>)
[23:08] Shadowcaller: "They would kill us directly Hope."
[23:08] Murska: 'Maybe not… if we looked like we were coming to negotiate.'
[23:09] Shadowcaller: "We can't be sure of that, Windwalker said he was pretty mad right?"
[23:09] Murska: 'Derek was, but he isn't here. We can't be sure, though.'
[23:10] Shadowcaller: "Any illussions that could help?"
[23:10] Shadowcaller: *illusions
[23:10] Hope: "The duplicate illusion. So that if they attack us, they attack only an illusion and not the real us?"
[23:11] Shadowcaller: "Thats a hard one… I never attempted that one before."
[23:11] Shadowcaller: "My illusions aren't really in class with Helenas, maybe we should ask her?"
[23:12] Hope: (Can we skip that rp and assume she can? In the interest of time?)
[23:13] Shadowcaller: (But she can't really:P Lets say Helena can do it.)
[23:13] Shadowcaller: (And what do we ask of her anyway?)
[23:14] Murska: (Okay, so they're waiting until the other group joins with these and then going with the plan of sneaking close as 'negotiation party' while actually being invisible and illusioned and if the illusions are attacked, they escape, still invisible.
[23:14] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[23:14] Hope: (Yeah (
[23:14] Shadowcaller: (Same trick Arik used.)
[23:14] Murska: >.> But, as happens with plans…
[23:15] Murska: That night, Naib is one of the sentries guarding. He keeps an eye on the unnatural duststorm, when it seems to change shape…
[23:15] Murska: …meanwhile, Cessie is having a dream again.
[23:16] Murska: The whispers from the duststorm continue, she's hovering and sees the camps of the soldiers. 'I… help…'
[23:16] Murska: The storm itself bulges outwards and expands, starting to move towards both the villagers and the soldiers. She wakes up to Naib sounding the alarm.
[23:17] Shadowcaller: I assume Aegnor wakes up too, so she hurries out to see whats going on.
[23:18] Murska: Yup. Naib is hurrying people to get the carts and any other solid stuff they can into formation against the incoming duststorm.
[23:19] Shadowcaller: She lets the air elemental try to protect them from the wind while she use the protection and the ward spell around herself.
[23:19] Murska: People, after waking up and having the situation explained, start working on it slowly, Aegnor attempts to help organize them as do the priestesses and some other people. They tightly attach tents so the solid carts are facing the wind directly and the people are hidden behind them, under the tents. Spears and such are handed to every shelter to make sure they can poke open an air hole if necessar
[23:19] Murska: y
[23:20] Shadowcaller: She helps with what she can
[23:20] Murska: And now we can end this on a cliché note: 'The Rising Storm'. :P
[23:20] Shadowcaller: Hehe
[23:20] Shadowcaller: We end there then?
[23:21] Murska: I think we better, since it's not like we can RP much longer anyway
[23:21] Hope: awww
[23:21] Shadowcaller: True

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License