Apr 13 Pt 2

[18:33] Happy: The airship lifts off. Simone is excited and stands on the deck looking down. She doesn't seem to get airsick.
[18:33] Happy: (also, there's a new picture of her on the wiki. A full length pic to go with the portrait)
[18:33] Shadowcaller: Cessie is partly getting used to is and only feel a bit sick
[18:34] Happy: Happy seems to have acquired a dog.
[18:34] Murska: (saw)
[18:34] Murska: What's it like?
[18:34] Shadowcaller: (Up to her.)
[18:34] Happy: (How big is it?)
[18:34] Murska: (Irish wolfhound!)
[18:34] Shadowcaller: (Thats the max size for it:P)
[18:35] Happy: (SC said it was a small dog)
[18:35] Murska: (Irish wolfhound pup?)
[18:35] Wolfbane: (Happy has a dog now?)
[18:35] Happy: (it's on the wiki)
[18:36] Shadowcaller: (Well, I'm SC and I guess its… smaller then a irish wolfhound then.)
[18:36] Happy: I'd hope so, since an Irish Wolfhound is almost as big as Wolfbane
[18:36] Shadowcaller:
[18:37] Happy: (other dog breeds? I'm taking suggestions. What dog would a hunter god give his servant?)
[18:38] Shadowcaller: (A springer spaniel?)
[18:38] Happy: (I think they're gun dogs
[18:39] Shadowcaller: (WOlfhound?)
[18:40] Happy: How about a Whippet?
[18:40] Shadowcaller: (Sure.)
[18:41] Happy: (Is it already full grown and obedient? Or wild and untrained?)
[18:41] Shadowcaller: (You decide.)
[18:42] Happy: (Full grown and obedient then. Don't want to roleplay training a puppy :P)
[18:42] Shadowcaller: (Okay, lets continue then.)
[18:43] Happy: Happy offers roast tapir to everyone to eat, along with fresh bread and fruits from the market.
[18:43] Shadowcaller: Cessie accepts the less exotic food and eats it
[18:44] Murska: Aegnor eats everything, but not nearly as much as before.
[18:44] Wolfbane: Wolfbane takes a bit of meat with a thanks.
[18:44] Happy: (Ai and Arik?)
[18:45] Shadowcaller: (Arik don't eat, Ai eats some however.)
[18:46] Happy: And after a while, Happy retreats with her dog to the storage area.
[18:47] Shadowcaller: Cessie hopes that the next place they stop at is les… like the first place was
[18:47] Shadowcaller: SHe didn't really fit in there
[18:48] Happy: Does anyone do anything in particular during the trip?
[18:48] Shadowcaller: Cessie just want the trip to be over, she don't really feel comforable inside the ship
[18:49] Murska: you know what Cessie and Aegnor do during the trip. :P
[18:49] Shadowcaller: (…)
[18:49] Happy: So not going to try and learn a language in a day then? ;)
[18:49] Shadowcaller: (Darn rabbits…)
[18:49] Murska: I'm learning it while listening to it but I'm not asking her to teach, no. :P
[18:52] Happy: Simone is very curious about everything and asks lots of question of Arik, and anyone else.
[18:53] Happy: She's mostly speaking Western Common though. There are a few sailors who speak her language, but they don't interact much with the group.
[18:53] Murska: (Of Arik? From Arik or about Arik?
[18:53] Murska: (Hate prepositions)
[18:54] Happy: She's asking Arik questions about everything. Where they are going, what they are doing, what the land below is like, how he learned magic, etc.
[18:54] Murska: ('kay)
[18:54] Happy: Sort of like Cessie, if Cessie wasn't shy.
[18:55] Murska: (What's the correct preposition when asking something * someone?)
[18:56] Happy: (there are lots you can use)
[18:56] Happy: questions of Arik = questions she wants Arik to answer for her
[18:57] Shadowcaller: He answers some of them
[18:57] Happy: (questions about Arik = questions she's asking someone to get more information about Arik)
[18:57] Happy: (Does he get annoyed?)
[18:57] Shadowcaller: (Not very, he simply avoids some of them.)
[19:02] Happy: If he avoids them, she just moves on to other questions. It's not that she's nosey. She's just very smart and hasn't had any chance for education.
[19:03] Shadowcaller: He answers all the ones he feels there are nessecary for her to know, like Kyou abd about the rest of the party
[19:03] Shadowcaller: *and
[19:03] Happy: brb
[19:04] Shadowcaller: (okay)
[19:10] Murska: Aegnor'll be happy to tell her stories and stuff if she asks.
[19:11] Happy: She'll listen very attentively.
[19:11] Murska: (If we want to go more into detail about this conversation, you can ask him something. :P)
[19:12] Happy: Yeah, but it'll be stuff we've already roleplayed out, like 'Tell me about the elves' and 'Did you really live on a giant tree?' and stuff like that.
[19:12] Murska: ('kay)
[19:14] Shadowcaller: (So do anything else happend?)
[19:15] Happy: The fourth night out, there's a storm.
[19:16] Shadowcaller: Cessie stays in their room
[19:16] Happy: The room is crowded. The sailors ordered all the passengers to get under cover and out of the way.
[19:16] Shadowcaller: Trying to relaxe
[19:17] Wolfbane: Wolfbane stays in the hold.
[19:17] Happy: Happy is in the hold as well.
[19:17] Shadowcaller: Cessie tries not to get too close to any of the soilors
[19:17] Shadowcaller: *sailors
[19:18] Happy: The sailors aren't in the room with them, but Ai and Arik are. Simone is down in the hold.
[19:18] Shadowcaller: Oh
[19:19] Happy: The sky grows dark, and the lightning seems dangerously close. The winds are causing the airship to sway violently.
[19:19] Shadowcaller: Cessie holds on to something, most likely Aegnor
[19:21] Happy: Everyone susceptible to airsickness is feeling it now. And even those who aren't probably are feeling a little queasy.
[19:21] Shadowcaller: (Except Arik I guess…)
[19:21] Happy: (Yeah. Don't know if Ai would be affected.)
[19:22] Shadowcaller: (He may feel it a bit.)
[19:23] Shadowcaller: Cessie goes to the small bath room before anyone else, afraid of throwing up inside the room
[19:23] Shadowcaller: (Can't be too good down the cargo hold…)
[19:24] Wolfbane: Wolfbane is concentrating hard on not parting with his food.
[19:25] Murska: Aegnor stays with Cessie, comforting her.
[19:25] Shadowcaller: (Inside the bathroom?)
[19:25] Murska: (whenever possible)
[19:25] Murska: (not 'right now')
[19:25] Shadowcaller: (Okay,)
[19:29] Happy: You can hear the shouting of the sailors outside as they battle with the storm. Happy is already making use of the bucket down in the hold. The ginger isn't enough.
[19:29] Shadowcaller: Cessie is most likely using the small bathroom then
[19:30] Murska: Aegnor'll be pacing around restlessly. He should know by now that air-sickness isn't terribly deadly but he's still worried.
[19:31] Happy: Simone is curled up in a corner, miserable, but still holding together. She had been down in the hold chatting with Wolfbane and Happy when the storm blew up, and isn't allowed to leave.
[19:31] Wolfbane: Wolfbane tries to calm Happy down in the hold to try and keep her from getting any worse.
[19:33] Happy: (Link: http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/celebrity-pictures-paris-hilton-terminator-4.jpg)http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/celebrity-pictures-paris-hilton-terminator-4.jpg
[19:33] Wolfbane: :P
[19:33] Shadowcaller: Cessie is by now quite weak, she is laying on the bathroom floor, the world swaying around her
[19:34] Shadowcaller: (
)
[19:37] Happy: All at the same time, there's a deafening roll of thunder, a loud crash, and the entire ship giving a sudden lurch to one side. People and things go tumbling.
[19:38] Murska: Aegnor smashes into a wall quite heavily and swears loudly in dwarven.
[19:39] Wolfbane: Wolfbane tries to make sure he doesn't hit anyone.
[19:40] Shadowcaller: Cessie is thrown around in the bathroom, but manages to stay steady thanks to magic
[19:40] Happy: One of the crates falls over and slams against Simone.
[19:40] Happy: The ship is moving erratically.
[19:41] Wolfbane: ((No! The crate got revenge!))
[19:41] Wolfbane: Wolfbane tries to make his way to see if Simone is okay.
[19:41] Shadowcaller: (CUrse you crate! Curse you!)
[19:42] Murska: Aegnor shouts through the door to Cessie. 'Are you okay?'
[19:43] Shadowcaller: SHe don't respond immediatly, trying to take a few breaths
[19:43] Shadowcaller: FInally she says weakly "…I'm going… I'm okay."
[19:44] Happy: "I have no hurts," Simone says. The crate hit her on the side, and bruised her hip pretty badly, but she doesn't seem to have anything broken.
[19:46] Wolfbane: Wolfbane picks her up easily and moves her over to where Happy is. "Stay here, I'll make sure no more crates hit you."
[19:46] Shadowcaller: Cessie is cushioned by her magic, dampening her fals, but she strill can't get up
[19:46] Shadowcaller: *still
[19:47] Happy: The sailors can be heard shouting over the wind and rain. The ship is still moving erratically, and seems to be losing altitude.
[19:48] Murska: 'Are you okay?'
[19:48] Murska: *really
[19:48] Happy: Menie tries to crawl between Happy and Simone for comfort.
[19:48] Murska: that is
[19:48] Murska: :P
[19:49] Shadowcaller: "I be okay.. soon, the world just need to stop spinning."
[19:49] Murska: 'I think the ship is in trouble…'
[19:50] Shadowcaller: "I think I noticed… tell Arik…"
[19:51] Murska: 'Can you come with me?'
[19:51] Shadowcaller: "In a second… I need to calm down a little."
[19:52] Happy: (Arik should be aware without being told)
[19:52] Shadowcaller: (He is, Cessie is just worried that he is not.)
[19:53] Happy: (Is he doing anything?)
[19:53] Shadowcaller: (Can he do anything? What did exactly happend?)
[19:55] Happy: Lightning struck the ship, damaging the applied phlebotinum so that it can't stay aloft. The crew is trying to do an emergency landing.
[19:56] Happy: Several crew members were injured and one killed.
[19:56] Shadowcaller: I guess Arik would try to fix it, but he don't know much about air-ships
[19:57] Shadowcaller: And he is not exactly aware what happend
[19:58] Happy: No, nothing he can do that way. But I didn't know if he'd try to do something magical.
[19:58] Wolfbane: Wolfbane smells the Ozone. "Try to stay still. You may want to cover yourselves up. Something happened."
[19:58] Murska: Aegnor waits for Cessie
[19:59] Shadowcaller: It will take a while, the storm is still out there after all
[20:00] Shadowcaller: Arik would try to protect the ship from fall damage, if its dommed to crash anyway
[20:00] Shadowcaller: Otherwise he could protect it from some of the lighting
[20:01] Shadowcaller: But right now, he is still in the cabine
[20:04] Murska: ('Meks also construct miniature sets of headphones and portable playing devices so that Orks can listen to musik as they wander about.')
[20:04] Murska: (:P)
[20:04] Shadowcaller:
[20:04] Happy: The ship continues to lose altitude, but it does seem to be under some sort of control.
[20:04] Murska: ('The most progressive Meks in the field of Orkish musik are those of the Goff clan, who specialize in the eerie sounds of Goffik Rokk. Another popular style incorporates the sounds of machinery, gunfire, and live recordings of Gargant construction; this style is known as 'Eavy Metal.')
[20:05] Wolfbane: Hehehe
[20:05] Shadowcaller: Cessie finally emerges from the bathroom, she looks even more pale then usual
[20:05] Murska: Aegnor rushes to support her.
[20:06] Shadowcaller: For a moment it looks like she is going to collapse, but she manages to stay steady
[20:07] Murska: 'I think we're losing altitude.'
[20:07] Happy: The turbulence gets worse as the ship drops out of the worst of the storm system and the pressure changes.
[20:08] Shadowcaller: "Mhm.." She looks quite out-of-breath, the whole bathroom stinks
[20:09] Murska: Aegnor supports her towards the rooms of the group, assuming they're in the same direction.
[20:10] Shadowcaller: SHe leans toward you and follows you to the room
[20:11] Murska: (Hmm. So, where exactly are we going again… :P)
[20:11] Murska: (Where are everyone, anyway?)
[20:12] Shadowcaller: Ai and Arik is inside the room, the captain is inside his, the rest is down either the satorage space or the living space
[20:12] Happy: The captain is not in his room, he's busy trying to save his ship :P
[20:12] Shadowcaller: Hm, yeah
[20:12] Murska: Well, we go to Ai and Arik then, I guess.
[20:12] Shadowcaller: I forgot about that

[20:12] Happy: Ai and Arik are in the room you guys were just in before Cessie went to get sick.
[20:14] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Do you know whats happening out there Aegnor? How is she doing? WIll she be okay?"
[20:14] Murska: 'I'm not sure… I think we're losing altitude.'
[20:15] Shadowcaller: "I have noticed, I think I need to get out there…"
[20:16] Shadowcaller: He looks at Cessie, making sure she is okay and then he leaves the room
[20:17] Shadowcaller: WHats going on outside?
[20:20] Happy: There are sailors running around. The wind is whipping furiously, and he's instantly soaked. "Get back in your cabin," one of them yells at Arik.
[20:21] Shadowcaller: "Is there anything I can do to help? Do you need shielding?" He appears calm, despite the situation
[20:24] Happy: (Do the sailors know he's a wizard?)
[20:24] Shadowcaller: (You decide.)
[20:27] Happy: "Capn's trying to land her. It'll be bumpy."
[20:28] Shadowcaller: "Do you know any place to land?" (how do the area below us look like?)
[20:30] Happy: It's hard to see through the rain, but appears to be jungle.
[20:33] Happy: "Trying to reach the i'm fucking sick, okay. i'm
[20:33] Happy: sorry, wrong chat :/
[20:33] Shadowcaller:
[20:33] Shadowcaller: (WHat char?:P)
[20:33] Happy: "Trying to reach the edge of the jungle."
[20:33] Happy: (not a character, a fight with my sister)
[20:33] Shadowcaller: *chat
[20:34] Shadowcaller: Oh… >.>
[20:34] Murska: (you sick? :()
[20:34] Happy: (yeah)
[20:34] Wolfbane: (*hugs happy*)
[20:34] Happy: (*hugs*)
[20:34] Shadowcaller: (:()
[20:35] Happy: (She was mad that I didn't answer the phone when she called yesterday)
[20:35] Happy: (It takes way too much energy to listen to her prattle on about her kids :S)
[20:35] Shadowcaller: (Okay, well you had your reasons.)
[20:35] Happy: (Anyway…)
[20:36] Shadowcaller: "IS there anything I can do to help?"
[20:36] Happy: "Not unless you can fight gravity."
[20:38] Wolfbane: (5 dollars says he can :P)
[20:38] Shadowcaller: "Not this large… I can slow it down a bit, tell me when we are near the ground."
[20:38] Shadowcaller: (Hehe.)
[20:40] Happy: The sailor leads him to the bridge, where the altitude measuring equipment is, and more people running around doing urgent things that the GM won't describe since she doesn't know how an imaginary airship works.
[20:41] Happy: In the distance, Arik can see a break in the dense foilage of the jungle.
[20:41] Shadowcaller: "How long until we reach the ground?"
[20:44] Happy: "Too soon. We need to reach the grasslands, but I don't think we'll make it."
[20:45] Shadowcaller: "Just keep full speed, I will make sure the impact won't kill use."
[20:46] Shadowcaller: *us
[20:46] Happy: "If we hit those trees, it won't matter if we survive. We won't be able to salvage the ship."
[20:49] Shadowcaller: "I will try to lessen the damages, use all your resources to get us forward."
[20:51] Happy: The passengers, who don't know what's going on, are still being tossed about somewhat.
[20:51] Happy: The sailors are shoveling fuel into the engines as fast as they can.
[20:52] Shadowcaller: Arik shields the underside of the ship just before they hit something
[20:53] Shadowcaller: or he will do that, if it happends
[20:53] Happy: The ship is scraping along the tops of the trees.
[20:53] Happy: or rather, the shield is
[20:54] Shadowcaller: Arik draws most of his magic to the shield, while trying to meintain his illusion
[20:54] Happy: The scraping is terrifyingly loud, especially in the cargo hold.
[20:54] Shadowcaller: *maintain
[20:55] Shadowcaller: Cessie is laying in bed, deeply worried
[20:55] Shadowcaller: But she is calm, she needs to be
[20:55] Wolfbane: Wolfbane winces at the sound, but stays where he is.
[20:56] Murska: Aegnor is keeping watch over Cessie.
[20:56] Happy: Simone is whimpering and clinging to Happy. And Wolfbane if he's nearby.
[20:57] Wolfbane: He is standing above them to keep other crates from falling on them.
[20:59] Happy: Suddenly the noise stops, and there's a split second of freefall, before the forward motion of the ship continues. The ship has just passed over the jungle and is now airborne about 50 meters up.
[21:03] Shadowcaller: Arik now only uses all magic except the one needed to maintain the illusion to lowering the damage of the impact
[21:04] Happy: Aaaaaand, impact.
[21:04] Shadowcaller: For a brief moment the illusion is gone, but then its back again
[21:04] Happy: No one seems to have noticed.
[21:05] Happy: People are tossed around. The ship hits, bounces, hits again and slides, and eventually comes to a halt, at about a 15 degree angle.
[21:06] Wolfbane: Wolfbane is thrown against the far wall since he had been unfortunate enough to have been standing, but gets back up when it stops.
[21:07] Shadowcaller: Cessie manages to make both her and Aegnor stay stable inside the cabin, staying floating in mid-air for one second
[21:07] Happy: The group in the hold is rather bruised.
[21:08] Happy: A few minutes after landing, you can hear the engines being shut down.
[21:09] Wolfbane: Wolfbane checks on the others in the hold. "Are you three okay?"
[21:09] Shadowcaller: Cessie recovers a bit from her sicknees and tries to caculate the damages inside the room
[21:11] Happy: Simone answers in her native language, without realizing it. "Just a bit battered," Happy says.
[21:12] Wolfbane: Wolfbane helps them back to their feet. "We may want to check on the others."
[21:14] Happy: Some of the furniture is damaged. Looking through their possessions, Cessie finds that her belongings are okay. Aegnor's guitar is save in its case. Unfortunately, the elven bow is broken.
[21:15] Murska: -.- :(
[21:15] Happy: oh, so you *are* paying attention?
[21:15] Happy: j/k
[21:15] Shadowcaller: ^^
[21:16] Murska: And yeah, I'm protecting the guitar case with my body since I'm carrying it. :P
[21:16] Shadowcaller: GM' jokes, always refreshing:P
[21:17] Happy: Wolfbane, Happy, and Simone make their way out of the storage hold to find the others. Happy is carring Menie to keep him from being in the way.
[21:17] Happy: On the bridge, the captain is ordering men to go around and count heads.
[21:17] Shadowcaller: Cessie tries to make her way to the outside of the ship
[21:18] Murska: Aegnor stays with the group.
[21:18] Murska: mostly since there's nothing much to do
[21:20] Shadowcaller: WHere have we landed?
[21:23] Happy: It's still raining hard outside. After everyone gets together and the captain has had a chance to deal with more urgent matters, he comes to brief you on the situation.
[21:25] Shadowcaller: (Are we all there?)
[21:26] Murska: (I guess)
[21:26] Happy: (yes, you're all there) The ship is damaged and can't fly again without repairs, and you're about a day's travel overland to the nearest town. It's not a place you would have stopped, as it doesn't have an airship port.
[21:27] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "How long will it take to repais?"
[21:27] Shadowcaller: *repair
[21:28] Happy: "I'm not sure. A few days. Maybe a week. We're still working out exactly what's wrong. And my best engineer was killed."
[21:29] Shadowcaller: "I'm sorry for your loss."
[21:29] Murska: Aegnor examines the airship from the deck.
[21:31] Happy: "No time for mourning now," the captain says. "It could have been much worse, if it weren't for your brother."
[21:31] Murska: (cya for now)
[21:31] Shadowcaller: (For now?)
[21:31] Happy: (:()
[21:31] Happy: gnight
[21:31] Murska: (we'll see how long I have to sleep until my dad leaves)
[21:31] Wolfbane: (later)
[21:31] Shadowcaller: (o.O)
[21:31] *
Aegnor has left the conversation.
[21:32] Shadowcaller: "He is okay too right?"
[21:33] Happy: "I believe so. Didn't he meet up with you yet?"
[21:35] Shadowcaller: "No, not yet, what do you suggest we do now? If we want to get to our location as fast as possible that is."
[21:35] * moc.liamtoh|iretnas_omis#moc.liamtoh|iretnas_omis (Aegnor) has joined the conversation.
[21:36] Shadowcaller: "No, not yet, what do you suggest we do now? If we want to get to our location as fast as possible that is."
[21:36] Happy: "Is anyone hurt?" Happy says. "I'm a healer."
[21:37] Happy: "We can use you then," the Captain says, and he sends her off with one of his men.
[21:37] Murska: (so, what'd I see examining the ship)
[21:38] Shadowcaller: "I wish I could care about others as she could…"
[21:41] Happy: Aegnor sees the hull was damaged in the crash. There's a long gouge carved in the land by the crash, the reddish soil showing brightly against the gray/green scrub brush and grasses.
[21:43] Happy: The damage that caused the crash isn't visible though, since it was a lightning strike that damaged whatever makes imaginary air ships fly.
[21:44] Murska: (belief? :P)
[21:44] Happy: Simone is limping a little bit. Wolfbane took a corner of a crate in the small of his back, which left no obvious mark through his fur, but hurts really bad.
[21:44] Murska: (I belive in imaginary flying airships!)
[21:45] Murska: Aegnor has a bruise on his arm but nothing serious.
[21:45] Shadowcaller: Cessie managed trough her magic to be mostly unscratched by the storm
[21:46] Happy: Then the ship crashed because a lightning strike in finland hit Murska.
[21:47] Happy: Hope it didn't fry his computer
[21:47] Shadowcaller: ^^
[21:49] Happy: "I'm not sure if there's anything you can do for the ship itself. But if you could check out the area once the storm passes, and make sure we're aware of anything that might affect us, it would be a help. It would give me that many more hands on board."
[21:49] Murska: (I'm okay, I'm okay, don't worry.)
[21:50] Shadowcaller: (I sure hope so.)
[21:50] Happy: (yay!)
[21:50] Murska: (Now you get to backstab me again? :P)
[21:50] Murska: (Writing my insanowar post so I might be slow again)
[21:50] Happy: (how can I backstab you in insanowar?)
[21:52] Murska: (Hmm…)
[21:52] Murska: (you'll find a way)
[21:52] Shadowcaller: "SO we are stuck here then?"
[21:55] Happy: "Like I said, there's a small town about a day's travel from here. If we'd crashed among the trees, that's where the survivors would have had to go, because we wouldn't have been able to salvage the ship. But we should be able to get the ship airborn again. I hope."
[21:55] Wolfbane: "How many days do you think it will take?"
[21:55] Happy: The storm seems to be dying down.
[21:56] Shadowcaller: "Well, we always can get to town for supplies I suppose…"
[21:59] Happy: "We should have enough, if we aren't laid up too long. There's also some foodstuffs in the cargo that we can open if it's necessary. It'll probably take 3-7 days. I can't narrow it down more until I've spent some more time investigating. We never should have flown through that storm. Normally we would land and wait it out, but we didn't get the warning in time. I suspect someone missed the signs."
[22:01] Happy: (bah, looks like the insanowar drama's about to start up again *sigh*)
[22:02] Murska: (*sigh*)
[22:02] Murska: (I can't check)
[22:02] Murska: (writing my post)
[22:02] Shadowcaller: "Okay, so there is nothing we really can do to help then?"
[22:02] Wolfbane: (I'm about to say "Dead" and leave it at that)
[22:02] Happy: (Surgeon thinks Tassader wouldn't die by laser shot)
[22:04] Happy: "Not unless one of you is a mechanic."
[22:04] Murska: (Told DC…)
[22:05] Shadowcaller: "I'm afraid not… thought I don't really know about Wolfbane."
[22:05] Wolfbane: Wolfbane shakes his head.
[22:05] Shadowcaller: "Worth a try…"
[22:06] Happy: "If you can scout the area around the ship, I'll be grateful," the captain says. "Excuse me. I need to get back to work."
[22:06] Shadowcaller: "Hm, I don't like being stuck here doing nothing."
[22:07] Happy: (he just gave you something to do …)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: (Well, she don't like scouting:P)
[22:07] Happy: (and you think she'd like ship repair?)
[22:07] Shadowcaller: (She don't like either.)
[22:08] Shadowcaller: (And *I'm* her >.>)
[22:08] Wolfbane: (She could always try to tend to whatever wounded there is)
[22:08] Shadowcaller: (Well.. not always…)
[22:08] Happy: (We'll have to arrange better entertainment for Cessie on the next shipwreck then)
[22:08] Shadowcaller: (Cessie don't know how to treat wounds.)
[22:09] Happy: (This would be one of those problems that magic can't solve)
[22:09] Wolfbane: (How about building fires to keep everyone warm?)
[22:09] Shadowcaller: (She is willing to go scouting if everyone else go.)
[22:09] Shadowcaller: (And to me, not Cessie, that seems to be the most intresting thing to do right now.)
[22:10] Wolfbane: "I am ready to go whenever. Are we all staying together? Or going into separete groups?"
[22:11] Happy: Happy returns after a little while, she and another sailor bearing a stretcher between them with a badly wounded man on it. His leg appears to have been crushed.
[22:11] Shadowcaller: "Hm, I don't know… what can be out there? Did we drop anyt- oh my…"
[22:11] Shadowcaller: "WHat happend to him?" She asks happy
[22:14] Happy: "His leg was pinned between the hull and the boilers when the crash happened. I'm going to have to amputate." She looks rather pale. "I've never done it before."
[22:15] Shadowcaller: "Amputate?! Surely there must be another way?"
[22:15] Wolfbane: "Here, use my spear, the cold should numb it."
[22:15] Happy: The man is consciuos, and moaning in agony. "Aegnor, do you think your sleeping music would keep him still?"
[22:15] Wolfbane: Wolfbane hands his spear to Happy.
[22:16] Wolfbane: It is sharp, careful
[22:16] Wolfbane: "*insert above*"
[22:17] Shadowcaller: "But… can't we fix it‘"
[22:17] Happy: "Cessie, this is beyond any healing I can do."
[22:17] Murska: ’I can try…'
[22:18] Murska: Aegnor takes out his kazoo, walking to the man. His music, at first barely audible through the man's cries, picks up the volume. It is a beautiful tune, one that brings to mind a forest after a rain, when the drops of water glister amongst the leaves.
[22:19] Shadowcaller: "…there must be some magic that can fix this."
[22:21] Happy: "Cessie, do you know of any? Does your brother? The bones of his leg are in fragments. Even if I had enough healing energy for the bones to knit themselves together, they aren't even aligned properly."
[22:22] Murska: (darn forums, let me fix that spoiler tag)
[22:23] Shadowcaller: "I can ask him, we can't cut someones leg of beacuse we haven't tried magic yet."
[22:23] Happy: The injured man is calmed by the beautiful music. And by dramatic timing, the clouds part and the first shaft of sunlight after the storm reaches the ship.
[22:23] Happy: "Then go and ask him. But don't be long," Happy says.
[22:23] Happy: They carry the man into the captain's cabin.
[22:23] Shadowcaller: She goes to find Arik
[22:23] Wolfbane: Wolfbane follows Happy and the man.
[22:24] Happy: ((gah, I'm getting so sick of 'Tassader pwns everything' arguments))
[22:24] Murska: (I should write 'dramatic timing' into my powers in the wiki, eh?)
[22:24] Murska: (Anyone like my post?)
[22:24] Shadowcaller: (Hehe.)
[22:25] Wolfbane: (I am reading it now)
[22:25] Murska: (arg)
[22:25] Murska: (So many horrible spelling errors in it)
[22:25] Murska: (But I can't fix, too slow forums)
[22:27] Murska: (Also I should have a mention of the grievous injuries of the lieutenant near the end there but nooo, I forgot. )
[22:28] Shadowcaller: Cessie comes back with Arik after some time
[22:28] Shadowcaller: Whats going on inside the room?
[22:28] Happy: Happy has been giving the man an herbal infusion made from a special bark to help dull the pain. (i.e. aspirin)
[22:29] Murska: (I find it humorous how… is it ALL? my casualties have happened in my own turn.)
[22:29] Murska: (turns*)
[22:29] Happy: The music is helping him more than the herbs though.
[22:29] Murska: Aegnor is using a slight amount of magic in order to try and get him to sleep. He won't force it, though.
[22:31] Happy: (What does Arik do/say?)
[22:32] Shadowcaller: Arik looks over the man carefully, "Well, I could make the leg move again…"
[22:32] Shadowcaller: "But maybe noot really in the way you want."
[22:32] Shadowcaller: *not
[22:33] Happy: "What do you mean?"
[22:33] Wolfbane: brb
[22:33] Shadowcaller: "Err… you know making dead things move by magic?"
[22:34] Murska: (I tried to give at least some comfort to all sides in the ends of their units having the few slight traces of awesomeness I could procure.)
[22:34] Happy: (you did a great job. Lots of awesome in that post)
[22:34] Murska: (Wouldn't that thing go into necrosis or something?)
[22:34] Shadowcaller: (Just wait until MY post
)
[22:34] Happy: "You could do it for just part of him? Cessie, would that work? Would someone even want that?"
[22:35] Shadowcaller: (Hehe, it would, but it would still move, just not smell very good.)
[22:35] Murska: (But a necrosis spreads)
[22:35] Murska: (It'd kill him)
[22:35] Shadowcaller: "Hmm… if you remove all the flesh…"
[22:36] Murska: (eww)
[22:36] Murska: (Wikipedia has some horrible pictures on necrosis)
[22:36] Murska: (both in finnish and in english)
[22:36] Shadowcaller: "Remove all the flesh for the bad part, then I can make it move again."
[22:36] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "I… I never done something like that."
[22:36] Happy: "The bones are in fragments."
[22:37] Murska: (How'd it be different to giving him a good old-fashioned peg-leg or somesuch anyway? :P)
[22:37] Shadowcaller: (He can move the leg as it was alive, like a robot leg.)
[22:38] Shadowcaller: "Well… until the leg is mended I'm afraid there is nothing I can do."
[22:38] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Are you sure? You always claim magic can fix anything."
[22:38] Happy: Either way, we have to cut off the dead part though."
[22:39] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Well, enough magic, and the right type of magic yes, but I got neither right now."
[22:39] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Do as you like."
[22:39] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "I don't want to see this…"
[22:40] Shadowcaller: She leaves
[22:40] Murska: (Does the man sleep during all this discussion? :P)
[22:40] Happy: (He's sort of in a pain fog)
[22:40] Happy: (going into shock)
[22:40] Wolfbane: Wolfbane readies his spear. "Do you want me to do it? It will be quick and painless because of the cold."
[22:41] Murska: (And Aegnor's magic has no effect?)
[22:41] Happy: (It's keeping him from screaming, yeah)
[22:42] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Well, this reminds me of something…"
[22:43] Murska: (Heh. Yeah, well, the music is calming but the magical energy he's using is trying to make his brain shut down, or at least shut down the 'pain' area. Not too forcibly, though.)
[22:43] Happy: "I'll need to tie a tourniquet first," Happy says. She ties a strip of fabric tightly around the leg, above the wound.
[22:43] Wolfbane: "Do we have anything for him to bite down on, just in case?"
[22:44] Murska: (That's probably the first time I've actually SEEN that word used. I've read it on wikipedia for some reason some years ago…)
[22:45] Happy: The man does seem to be in less pain. He isn't reacting to Happy's touch on his legs, which would be excrutiating if he were fully conscious.
[22:46] Happy: (tourniquets are hardly ever used in modern first aid, because they are so risky.)
[22:47] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks at Cessie. "You may want to turn away."
[22:47] Shadowcaller: (She leaved the room.)
[22:47] Happy: Happy takes her dagger out of its leather sheath, and puts the sheath between the man's teeth.
[22:47] Happy: (is Ai and/or Arik there?)
[22:47] Shadowcaller: Arik is there
[22:48] Shadowcaller: Ai enters the room just now he/she remains quiet.
[22:48] Wolfbane: "Okay, I will do this on the count of three. That way, everybody will be ready"
[22:48] Wolfbane: "Ready?"
[22:49] Shadowcaller: "Sure." Arik says, he looks unceoncerned
[22:49] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks at the others.
[22:49] Shadowcaller: Ai is just nodding quietly
[22:50] Happy: Happy nods, and holds the man by the shoulders to make sure he's still.
[22:50] Wolfbane: "Three…
[22:50] Wolfbane: Two…
[22:50] Wolfbane: One!"
[22:50] Wolfbane: Wolfbane slices his spear quickly through the leg.
[22:54] Happy: The man screams, the pain breaking through the mild sedation. Happy holds him down.
[22:54] Happy: The ruined leg was severed cleanly, with the ice acting to seal the wound.
[22:55] Wolfbane: (Brb, I ahve to get dinner)
[22:56] Wolfbane: have*
[22:56] Happy: Does Aegnor continue playing?
[22:57] Murska: (sure)
[22:57] Murska: (No reason to stop, really)
[22:57] Happy: If he pushes some more magic into it, he'll send the man back to sleep.
[22:58] Shadowcaller: Arik don't even make a expression as the man screams
[22:58] Murska: He still uses magic but is still very careful not to force anything.
[22:58] Murska: (He was really affected by that incident he told Cessie about)
[22:59] Happy: Happy carries the severed leg to a table and begins removing the bones from it. This is not a nice process.
[23:00] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Too bad the lag was broken, such a waste…"
[23:01] Happy: The foot bones are intact, but the femur and tibia are both crushed around the knee. After a while, Happy recovers all of the bone fragments and wraps up the dead flesh to be later destroyed.
[23:02] Happy: "He should live, if the wound doesn't go septic," Happy says. "There was another who didn't survive."
[23:03] Happy: "Thank you for coming to examine him."
[23:03] Shadowcaller: ARi: "You seems to know a lot about healing… I didn't think the tribes were so advanced."
[23:03] Happy: "We know a lot about wounds. Not so much about illness."
[23:03] Shadowcaller: "Oh, it was nothing, too bad the leg could not be saved thought."
[23:04] Happy: "Could the bones be reattached, like you said? Or is the damage too severe?"
[23:05] Shadowcaller: "Perhaps, I have done this quite a lot in the past, if you fix the bone itself, I can make it move again."
[23:10] Happy: "If it were still in the body… I don't know how to make these bones grow back together outside the body." She picks up two bone fragments and fits them together. "If I were setting a leg, I would be speeding up the flow of blood, the growth. I don't know where the healing is to come from."
[23:10] Happy: (I feel bad… Murska's being left out of the roleplay again :(_
[23:11] Murska: (I'm cleaning my table with a knife anyway.)
[23:11] Shadowcaller: (A knife?)
[23:11] Happy: (generally I use a washcloth)
[23:12] Murska: (It's kind of hard to explain, SC… It's a sort of a tool… It's got a metal edge and then this handle to take hold of.)
[23:13] Shadowcaller: "Well, neither do I, I can give the body more energy, but I can't fix it, I can only help it fix itself."
[23:13] Shadowcaller: (Okay.)
[23:16] Murska: After sending the man to sleep, Aegnor stops playing.
[23:16] Happy: "Perhaps if we could attach them together somehow, like we were building it of wood." Of course fresh bone isn't very much like wood.
[23:17] Shadowcaller: (Aks Aegnor what he thinks?)
[23:17] Shadowcaller: *ask
[23:17] Murska: (He has no idea, really. :P)
[23:18] Shadowcaller: (Eh, its always useful with more opinions.)
[23:18] Happy: Happy sets the bones down. "No, I don't suppose it will work."
[23:18] Shadowcaller: "Too bad… I should see my sister then, she seemed upset."
[23:18] Shadowcaller: He leaves
[23:19] Murska: 'Are there other patients?'
[23:19] Happy: "A few, but none dangerously wounded."
[23:20] Murska: 'Well, if there isn't anything else to do here, I could help with them. We need to go do that scouting assignment, too.'
[23:21] Happy: *pokes Wolfie*
[23:22] Wolfbane: *is poked :P*
[23:22] Shadowcaller: (He returned?)
[23:22] Shadowcaller: (Oh, helllo again.)
[23:22] Wolfbane: (Nah, she is doing this all by Telepathy and I am doing the same)
[23:23] Wolfbane: Wolfbane sheaths his spear and looks at the pieces of bone. "I don't know how to piece it back together, sorry."
[23:25] Shadowcaller: Ai shakes his/her head "Neither do I, I don't know much about bodies, just aobut the mind."
[23:26] Shadowcaller: *about
[23:27] Shadowcaller: (Would Ai look like Cessie to Aegnor?)
[23:27] Happy: "We did what we could. He's lucky to be alive," Happy says calmly, as she adds the bones to the bundle of mangled leg to be taken out and destroyed.
[23:28] Murska: (I think Ai'd consciously avoid that, since it'd be rather awkward and all. :P)
[23:28] Shadowcaller: (Indeed, just like some elven female then.)
[23:29] Wolfbane: (And after recent developments, what would Ai look like to Wolfbane?)
[23:29] Shadowcaller: (To whom? o.O)
[23:29] Shadowcaller: (Og, missunderstood.)
[23:29] Shadowcaller: *oh
[23:30] Shadowcaller: (Well, what would you want her to look like?)
[23:30] Murska: (I think Ai's form would be rather 'general', not looking like any other individual person.)
[23:30] Murska: (That'd make more sense, really.)
[23:31] Shadowcaller: (Yeah, I guess.)
[23:31] Shadowcaller: (Anyway….)
[23:31] Happy: Ai remains with the patient, while the rest of the party goes out to scout the area around the ship.
[23:32] Shadowcaller: (Except Cessie and Arik then.)
[23:32] Shadowcaller: (Unless you go to them first.)
[23:33] Happy: (Yes, we'll go check on them first)
[23:33] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "So, it could not be fixed then?…"
[23:34] Happy: "No. But he's resting comfortably now. He should recover."
[23:35] Shadowcaller: "Well, nothing like that should not be alllowed to happend, I will find the right magic to fix such things…"
[23:35] Wolfbane: "Things like that will /always/ happen. You can't fix everything."
[23:35] Happy: Happy meets Aegnor's eyes, with a flicker of a smile, as Cessie says those words.
[23:36] Shadowcaller: "Magic should be able to, enough of it, and the right type of it."
[23:37] Shadowcaller: "Anyway, Wolfbane… I guess you are going scouting?"
[23:38] Wolfbane: Wolfbane nods. "I believe so."
[23:38] Shadowcaller: "Is Aegnor coming?"
[23:38] Murska: 'Yeah, I better.'
[23:38] Shadowcaller: "Then I guess I come to, I can't stand this camp…"
[23:38] Wolfbane: (With me, or Cessie?)
[23:39] Wolfbane: (AH)
[23:39] Murska: (Well, same thing. :P)
[23:39] Happy: (Is Arik coming?)
[23:40] Wolfbane: (I think he would want to harvest the dead :P)
[23:40] Shadowcaller: (he preferes to stay at camp, but he keeps a scry mark on Cessie.)
[23:40] Happy: Simone asks if she can come along.
[23:40] Murska: ('Tassadar is god' side vs. 'Vader is god'…)
[23:40] Murska: (I'll show them GODS if they keep arguing.)
[23:40] Wolfbane: (Nah, Epicness and Cool Factor beat gods)
[23:41] Wolfbane: (and those last two posts beat them)
[23:41] Shadowcaller: (Eh, these are useless human bodies, you need a lot of them to build up anything powerful."
[23:41] Murska: (What posts?)
[23:42] Happy: (yours and DCs)
[23:43] Shadowcaller: (Man, vader and tassadar sure are powerful. Thankfully neither DC or NS is in my group…)
[23:43] Wolfbane: "So, are we staying together? Or splitting up into groups?"
[23:43] Happy: (Will one of the PCs answer Simone?)
[23:44] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks at Simone. "Can you defend yourself?"
[23:44] Shadowcaller: "I go with Aegnor, I don't care if we split up or not."
[23:44] Murska: 'As if I'd leave you into a forest alone.' *smile*
[23:45] Shadowcaller: "There are too few cities around here…"
[23:46] Happy: She draws a knife from a hidden sheath under a fold of her saree. "I am not weak!" she says fiercely. Aegnor and Wolfbane can tell by the way she holds it that she's not really trained in how to use it.
[23:46] Happy: Happy stepped out to clean herself after the gore, so isn't participating in the discussion yet.
[23:47] Murska: Aegnor chuckles but let's Wolfbane do the talking since he started it.
[23:48] Wolfbane: Wolfbane hears the chuckle and decides to repay the favor. "I never said you were weak. I am sure Aegnor and Cessie would love to take you along. They could use the extra protection from a skilled fighter as yourself."
[23:49] Wolfbane: (:P)
[23:49] Shadowcaller: "Really? Maybe I should summon a air elemental to help you Wolfbane?"
[23:50] Wolfbane: "I think that means they will take you." He turns to Cessie. "And I don't think an air elemental would do much in the heavy jungle."
[23:51] Murska: 'I don't think that'd really matter to the elemental.'
[23:51] Murska: 'Better than a fire elemental, at least.'
[23:52] Wolfbane: "I don't think my fur would be able to withstand one of those."
[23:52] Happy: Happy returns, having cleaned up. "Are we ready?"
[23:52] Wolfbane: "I think so. I believe that Simone is going with Aegnor and Cessie."
[23:53] Murska: 'You shouldn't have much to fear from a fire elemental, what with that spear and all. And yeah, I think we're ready to brave the dangers of this uncharted land.'
[23:53] Shadowcaller: "Not that we need it…"
[23:54] Murska: 'A specialist with a knife is always useful.' Aegnor smiles. Suddenly, there's a dagger in his hand, which he twirls around a bit. Then it disappears into his clothing again.
[23:55] Shadowcaller: "Magic is always superior…"
[23:55] Happy: "Shouldn't we all stay together, Promise?"
[23:56] Shadowcaller: "I'm good with either really,"
[23:56] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks at Happy. "It would be safer, but the area is huge."
[23:56] Murska: 'I think we could do this much faster with two groups. And I trust we can handle ourselves.'
[23:57] Shadowcaller: "I doubt there is anyting out there that could threaten us…"
[23:58] Murska: 'And if there is, we won't be /that/ far from the ship.'
[23:58] Happy: Simone's knife clatters to the ground as she tries to imitate Aegnor's twirling.
[23:59] Shadowcaller: "Come on, while I don't like the jungel, creatures that could threaten a true wizard are *very* rare."
[23:59] Murska: Aegnor picks it up and shows her how to properly hold it. 'You better stick to the basics first. I've been practicing longer than you've been alive.'
[23:59] Happy: "Promise and I will take the jungle. We got a little bit of experience in the jungle at our last stop. You three explore the grasslands."
[00:00] Murska: 'Promise?'
[00:00] Wolfbane: "Yes?"
[00:00] Murska: (What's with that?)
[00:01] Happy: "His name is Promise now."
[00:01] Wolfbane: ((Hehehe))
[00:01] Murska: '…right.'
[00:01] Wolfbane: Wolfbane nods.
[00:01] Shadowcaller: "…okay."
[00:02] Wolfbane: (I'll still be writing Wolfbane though. Kinda hard to switch midstream)
[00:03] Happy: They leave the ship
[00:03] Happy: The sun is out now, with no sign of the storm clouds
[00:03] Shadowcaller: (we are in one group then?)
[00:03] Happy: Water glistening on the grass and scrub brush.
[00:03] Murska: (two)
[00:03] Happy: (when you first exit the ship, you are)
[00:04] Murska: (well, I'm guessing we'll go to opposite directions soon enough. )
[00:04] Happy: Behind the ship, is the long gash of plowed up red soil, and then the jungle. Ahead, the grasslands continue.
[00:04] Shadowcaller: "Hm, not much to see really."
[00:06] Happy: The wet grass is about waist high. Happy and Promise make their way towards the jungle.
[00:06] Shadowcaller: "I hate high grass… makes me thing something is going to crawl up on me."
[00:07] Murska: 'Aegnor addresses the rest of them. 'Okay, I guess we better first walk some way towards the edge of the jungle and then go in an arc.'
[00:07] Murska: (that is
[00:07] Happy: "I hear there are snakes in grass of this kind," Simone says.
[00:07] Murska: (hmm. hard to explain)
[00:07] Murska: (half-arc around the ship)
[00:07] Murska: (anyway)
[00:08] Murska: (Replace 'towards' with 'along' and it might work)
[00:08] Murska: 'Poisonous?'
[00:08] Shadowcaller: "Just another reason to not go there…"
[00:09] Murska: ( brb)
[00:10] Wolfbane: (So Happy and Wolfbane are walking to the jungle?)
[00:11] Happy: "Some have poison. Some wrap around like saree and go…" She struggles, searching for the word, and finally, puts her hands to her throat and mimes being strangled.
[00:11] Shadowcaller: "How cute… I don't wnat to step into that grass."
[00:12] Wolfbane: Wolfbane hears the conversation as he walks with Happy and chuckles.
[00:12] Shadowcaller: *want
[00:12] Murska: 'I should go first then… My legs are covered in iron and leather armour anyway.'
[00:12] Happy: Aegnor can feel the presence of the same two spirits he felt around Isandwana.
[00:13] Shadowcaller: "I hate this place, too many small creatures in it."
[00:13] Happy: Wolfbane has a rich variety of scents to explore. As does Menie, who the GM just remembered the existence of.
[00:14] Shadowcaller: (WOlfy got better, don't want anyone to replace him >:>)
[00:14] Murska: Aegnor tries, remembering what Yani had said, to communicate with the spirits.
[00:14] Murska: Briefly, though.
[00:16] Shadowcaller: Cessie refuses to step into the high grass
[00:16] Happy: Cessie will have a hard time going anywhere then.
[00:17] Wolfbane: Wolfbane whispers to Happy. "If you hear Cessie scream, don't worry. Just hope that she doesn't light the field on fire."
[00:17] Murska: @Cessie: 'You can still stay at the camp if you want. Or you can fly, or I can carry you.'
[00:18] Shadowcaller: "I rather fly thank you,"
[00:18] Wolfbane: (Ow, burn. :P)
[00:18] Shadowcaller: She starts floating above the grass
[00:19] Happy: As they approach the jungle, Wolfbane/Promise finds one of the scents familiar.
[00:19] Shadowcaller: (Hey, being carried around is hardly suited for a wizard.)
[00:19] Happy: Simone gazes at Cessie in amazement.
[00:19] Murska: (Not to mention that'd probably distract Aegnor from killing poisonous snakes with his daggers.)
[00:19] Murska: 'Let's get going then. You keep a line of sight to the ship, will you?'
[00:19] Wolfbane: Wolfbane takes a sniff and tries to remember what that scent is from.
[00:20] Shadowcaller: "Sure, i'm more careful then you Aegnor." She smiles
[00:20] Murska: 'That you are. More beautiful, too. I feel so medicore!' *dramatic sigh and hand movement*
[00:21] Murska: (gitp blew up?)
[00:21] Wolfbane: (yep)
[00:21] Wolfbane: (Oh, how did you like the SWW Narration by the way?)
[00:22] Murska: (I've liked all of them I've seen but I'm not sure about which particular one you're referring to. :P)
[00:22] Wolfbane: (The new one :P)
[00:22] Murska: (Also, I was just scheming madly with other people about Mornington Crescent… :P)
[00:23] Murska: (Well yeah, I still don't know which you're referring to since I can't remember any of them except mine. Might have not read it, tho.)
[00:23] Shadowcaller: "Stop it, I know I'm not that beautiful, maybe for you but…"
[00:23] Wolfbane: (Twas the night before breakfast, and all through the ship…:P)
[00:23] Murska: (Right, that one. :P)
[00:23] Murska: (Yeah, I liked it.)
[00:23] Wolfbane: *pokes Happy gently*
[00:24] Happy: Wolfbane suddenly realizes that it's the smell of Wolfen.
[00:25] Wolfbane: Wolfbane stops in his tracks. Too stunned for words.
[00:25] Murska: Aegnor shrugs and gives Simone a co-conspirator's look. 'If she wants to think so…', he whispers. Then he leads the way into the grass.
[00:26] Happy: "You very pretty, miss. All the caligi say so."
[00:26] Happy: "What is it?" Happy asks.
[00:26] Shadowcaller: "Caligi?"
[00:26] Murska: (Nothing happened when Aegnor tried to communicate with the spirits then?)
[00:26] Happy: (SC's doing that)
[00:27] Wolfbane: "There are… Wolfen nearby."
[00:27] Wolfbane: (How old is the scent?)
[00:27] Shadowcaller: (Right… did you try to commicating with them already?)
[00:27] Murska: (yup)
[00:27] Happy: "Caligi… men who make " She gestures to the airship. "make fly."
[00:27] Murska: (back when Happy told me of them)
[00:28] Happy: The scent is some days old, though you can't tell exactly because of the rain.
[00:28] Shadowcaller: /You can hear two voices, they are very different from each other, but yet they come from the same spirit, they are two, yet one./
[00:28] Happy: Happy looks alarmed. "What will they do?" she asks in a hushed voice.
[00:28] Shadowcaller: "The sailors?"
[00:29] Murska: (Well, what can I hear the voices say then?)
[00:30] Shadowcaller: /The first voice sounds like a water fall, liker the wind, the rain, all the sounds of the jungel./
[00:30] Shadowcaller: *like
[00:30] Wolfbane: "It is fairly recent. A few days possibly, but it is hard to tell since the rain will have likely rinsed the scent out a bit." He shakes his head. "I don't know, but if they ask my name, I have to give them my first one. Then we will just have to see. I'll be lucky if they just turn me away."
[00:31] Shadowcaller: /The second is much deeper, like it comes from beneath the earth, it sounds like flies, worms, like something dead./
[00:32] Shadowcaller: /First voice: "I am returning, its is time to go to rest."/
[00:32] Happy: Happy: "Then we should avoid them?"
[00:33] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "They will die, rest still./
[00:33] Happy: Simone: "Say-lors, yes, thank you, miss Cessie."
[00:33] Wolfbane: (Does the scent cross into the jungle?)
[00:33] Shadowcaller: "Hm, I should not use the deck as much…"
[00:34] Murska: Aegnor adds that word to his vobaculary of Simone's language.
[00:34] Murska: /Uh. Hello?/
[00:34] Happy: (The scent does cross, yes)
[00:35] Shadowcaller: /First voice: "What? This one speaks?"/
[00:35] Wolfbane: "I am not sure that we can. The scent goes into the jungle and we have to scout it."
[00:35] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "He will speak to me, he wnats me, not you./
[00:35] Shadowcaller: *wants
[00:36] Murska: Aegnor's concentration is divided between listening to Cessie and Simone, watching around for snakes, looking around farther for anything special which is why they're scouting in the first place and the conversation in his mind. /I would like to know who you are./ (Signifying both of them with the 'you')
[00:37] Shadowcaller: /Both voices in unison "I am Iname."/
[00:37] Murska: /Glad to meet you. I am Aegnor./
[00:39] Shadowcaller: /First voice: "It is noice to met one who speaks, only the darknees speaks now."/
[00:39] Happy: They cross into the jungle. It's similar to the jungle around Isandwana, but there are clear paths within it.
[00:39] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "The darknees is good, wants the bad ones away, we should listen to it,/
[00:40] Shadowcaller: *nice
[00:40] Murska: /Right… I can't say I'm familiar with the situation but I will have to speak more later when I have the time./
[00:41] Shadowcaller: /Second voice: "Go back where you belong speaker, you have no entry here."/
[00:41] Shadowcaller: /First voice: "I will welcome you here speaker, hope you will enjoy this land."/
[00:41] Wolfbane: Wolfbane sheaths his spear as he walks on the path. "Happy, you may want to make sure your weapons are not out completely. If we do cross any, it would help to make a good impression."
[00:41] Wolfbane: sheathes*
[00:42] Wolfbane: sheaths*
[00:42] Wolfbane: :P
[00:42] Happy: "What if I have to defend you?"
[00:44] Wolfbane: "I can defend myself from them. It is you I am worried about. Some of the more… isolated tribes can be xenophobic."
[00:45] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Aegnor? What are you doing?"
[00:46] Happy: Happy sheaths her dagger. "Will you even be able to speak with them?"
[00:46] Murska: 'Hm. I was just making some new acquaintances.'
[00:47] Happy: Simone tries out the word "A-kwayn-tes-ens? What is a-kwayn-tes-ens?"
[00:47] Murska: 'New people you get to know, basically.'
[00:48] Shadowcaller: "Yeah, but the ones you are meeting aten't exactly people are they?"
[00:48] Shadowcaller: *aren't
[00:49] Murska: 'Well, they are beings.'
[00:49] Wolfbane: Wolfbane/Promise turns to Happy. "I don't know. I hope I am able to though. That way there isn't that much of a misunderstanding."
[00:49] Shadowcaller: "They have to be something…"
[00:50] Happy: "Beings?" Simone asks.
[00:50] Happy: "How you talk to them?"
[00:50] Murska: 'With my mind.'
[00:51] Shadowcaller: Cessie smiles "Yeah, he is still a big mystery to me too."
[00:52] Shadowcaller: "And they claim we are supposed to be mysterious…"
[00:52] Happy: Happy and Promise move farther into the jungle, exploring the paths. The scents become stronger, and it is clear that these are Wolfen trails.
[00:52] Happy: "You talk to kami?" Simone asks, wide eyed.
[00:54] Murska: 'Apparently, yeah.'
[00:54] Murska: 'Have you heard of something called 'Iname'?'
[00:55] Wolfbane: Wolfbane sniffs the air to see how recent the last scent was.
[00:59] Happy: "Iname? I do not know that word."
[01:00] Happy: The scents grow more recent as you travel further into the jungle.
[01:00] Shadowcaller: Cessie flies up a bit, "Weren't we supposed to scout or something? I hardly think there is anything intresting in this area anyway."
[01:02] Murska: 'Well, it's always worth a check.
[01:02] Happy: And also stronger, as the rain didn't penetrate as fully in the jungle.
[01:02] Murska: (They're walking all the time.)
[01:02] Happy: Cessie can see a herd of grazing animals in the distance.
[01:02] Shadowcaller: "I can just fly up and tell you if there *is* something around here."
[01:03] Murska: 'That is, if that something is visible from above. Besides, I can't let myself get into too bad shape. A good long walk is nice after all that time on the ship.'
[01:04] Shadowcaller: "We have gotten enough training, almost at the cost of out lives…"
[01:04] Shadowcaller: *our
[01:04] Shadowcaller: (How do the animals look like?)
[01:06] Wolfbane: "Happy, you may want to stop walking like we are stalking something. The scent is /much/ more recent and if we come across any, we don't want to look like we are trying to take territory."
[01:07] Murska: (hm. My computer has, for some reason, no sounds and I can't figure out why)
[01:08] Shadowcaller: (how very strange.)
[01:08] Murska: 'Just take this as a romantic walk… float. We're just missing moonlight.'
[01:08] Shadowcaller: "WIth poisonous snakes?"
[01:09] Happy: Happy straitens up. "How can I scout if I'm not looking for tracks?"
[01:09] Murska: 'What kind of a romantic walk would it be without poisonous snakes?'
[01:09] Shadowcaller: "A good one?"
[01:09] Happy: The animals look like gazelles. They are grazing peacefully.
[01:09] Murska: 'A point.'
[01:10] Murska: (DC's last post confuses me. I mean, I basically said that yeah, the zealots died. What's he whining about?)
[01:11] Shadowcaller: "Looks like some animals in front of us.. nothing special thought."
[01:11] Murska: 'What kind?'
[01:11] Shadowcaller: "Four legged ones? looks a bit like deers."
[01:11] Happy: (he sees everything through a paranoid filter)
[01:12] Murska: 'Well, if the herd isn't running, there shouldn't be anything dangerous near them…'
[01:12] Wolfbane: "Well, I suppose if you look for tracks, it wouldn't be too bad, but I had better not. I'll still track by scent though."
[01:12] Shadowcaller: "Can still be snakes here, or other nasty small critters."
[01:13] Wolfbane: "We don't want to look like a raiding party."
[01:14] Murska: 'Well, I hope we don't get attacked by snakes at the camp and scouting for those would be rather futile anyway. But let's complete our walk regardless.'
[01:14] Shadowcaller: "Well I'm going to fly up, its so much easier that way…" She starts flying higher
[01:15] Happy: The gazelles suddenly spook and start stampeding.
[01:15] Shadowcaller: (Do I see anything specail from up here?)
[01:15] Shadowcaller: *special
[01:15] Happy: Menie is walking with tail down, staying close to Promise.
[01:16] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks around to see if he can see anything.
[01:17] Murska: Does Aegnor hear the stampede?
[01:17] Happy: The smells grow more recent, and Wolfbane can tell they are near a den.
[01:18] Shadowcaller: (Can gazelles even stampeding? How large is the flock anyway?)
[01:19] Happy: (they can all run at the same time because they're scared of getting eaten. And it's very large. hundreds of gazelle.)
[01:19] Murska: (*points at above question*)
[01:20] Wolfbane: Wolfbane puts a paw on Happy's shoulder. "Happy, I think it would be a good idea if we left slowly. Don't bother tracking anymore."
[01:21] Happy: Aegnor can hear it, but I'm not sure he'd recognize it as a stampede, since there wouldn't be any plains on the tree.
[01:21] Murska: 'What's that noise?'
[01:21] Shadowcaller: (Do I see anything except this flok? What direction are they running?)
[01:25] Murska: (*pokes*)
[01:25] Happy: Happy looks at Promise, nods, and turns the other way. Menie whines softly.
[01:26] Happy: The flock is running towards the jungle, but not in a path that will stampede Aegnor and Simone, unless they change direction.
[01:27] Happy: Cessie can see a few creatures chasing the gazelles, that seem to be hunting as a group, but she can't identify them since they're running and not peacefully grazing.
[01:29] Shadowcaller: (two-legged or four legged?)
[01:29] Happy: (four legged)
[01:30] Shadowcaller: She flies down again "There are some creatures hunting them, they are not coming our way however."
[01:31] Murska: 'Right… I hope they won't. Can you try and see what the creatures that hunt them are like?'
[01:31] Shadowcaller: (I doubt the gazells would run into the jungle.)
[01:32] Shadowcaller: "No, they were too fast, i could not keep track of them."
[01:32] Murska: 'Well, they probably aren't too dangerous. Nothing else around?'
[01:32] Wolfbane: Wolfbane hears the dog and picks him up. He then looks around slowly.
[01:33] Shadowcaller: "Not what I could see, just open plains and jungel… we should return."
[01:34] Murska: 'I guess.' Aegnor changes his walking direction somewhat so they'll do a somewhat curved route back to the ship.
[01:34] Happy: He sees nothing at first, but then a Wolfen leaps onto the path brandishing a spear. He growls some words that Wolfbane understands as 'Freeze, outsiders.'
[01:34] Shadowcaller: Cessie follows
[01:34] Shadowcaller: s
[01:35] Happy: If Cessie continues watching the hunt, she'll see several gazelle brought down.
[01:35] Happy: Simone follows Aegnor.
[01:35] Murska: While they're walking back… 'Hey Simone?'
[01:35] Wolfbane: Wolfbane doesn't make any sudden movements. "We crashed here and were scouting the area. We mean no offense and will leave peacfully."
[01:35] Happy: "Yes, Aegnor Sir?"
[01:36] Murska: 'Would you mind teaching me some of your language when we have time?'
[01:36] Shadowcaller: Can she see what they are once they eat the gazells?
[01:37] Murska: (I think I'll have to go sleep soon.)
[01:37] Wolfbane: peacefully*
[01:38] Happy: They don't seem to be eating the gazelle. One of them stands upright, and you recognize it as a Wolfen. It looks in your direction, and then instantly drops to all fours, turning invislbe in the grass.
[01:38] Happy: (awww, gnight)
[01:38] Wolfbane: (have a good night)
[01:38] Murska: (Soon being in the span of the next hour)
[01:38] Murska: (that is)
[01:38] Happy: "Oh yes! I talk very good Sindi."
[01:38] Shadowcaller: (Aww, good night then.)
[01:38] Wolfbane: (oh)
[01:38] Shadowcaller: (Oh.)
[01:39] Murska: 'Thank you.' (What's the name of whatever we're usually speaking, anyway?)
[01:39] Shadowcaller: "Um… we might have a problem."
[01:39] Murska: 'What?'
[01:39] Shadowcaller: "Wolfen…"
[01:39] Murska: 'Wolfen?'
[01:39] Happy: The other Wolfen has a strong accent to Wolfbane's ear, and it seems to have a hard time understanding what he said. "You will come with us."
[01:39] Shadowcaller: "We should get back to the zeppelin as fast as possible."
[01:40] Happy: (your language is Western Common)
[01:40] Murska: 'If you say so.' Aegnor changes direction so they're heading straight for it.
[01:40] Shadowcaller: "Yes, like Wolfbane or whatever he is called now."
[01:40] Murska: He also picks up the pace somewhat.
[01:40] Shadowcaller: Cessie keeps her distance from the group and also keeps herself first in the group
[01:41] Happy: Simone draws her knife, and looks nervous.
[01:41] Murska: 'So, are these wolfen chasing us?'
[01:41] Shadowcaller: Cessie summons a air elemental, just in case
[01:41] Shadowcaller: "No idea, but I think one of them saw me."
[01:41] Wolfbane: "We have pack members to take care of. Again, we will leave peacefully if you would let us."
[01:42] Murska: Aegnor speeds up a bit more. 'Okay, we better go tell the crew anyway.'
[01:42] Happy: Wolfbane can hear more Wolfen in the jungle around them. "You will explain yourselves to our leader first."
[01:42] Murska: ( brb)
[01:43] Wolfbane: Wolfbane looks at Happy. "We have no choice." He looks back to the Wolfen. "We will follow."
[01:44] Happy: Simone tries to run, but trips.
[01:45] Shadowcaller: "Help her up will you?"
[01:45] Happy: Happy stays close to Promise, and they are led by the Wolfen along the path until they reach a small clearing surrounded by straw huts.
[01:45] Shadowcaller: (she orders the air elemental to protect her, since she is most vurable right now.)
[01:46] Shadowcaller: (Due flying.)
[01:46] Happy: Simone scrambles to her feet, and limps a little, as she keeps running. (We'll assume Aegnor helped her. It's not like he would have refused.)
[01:47] Shadowcaller: (are we back at the Zeppelin soon?)
[01:49] Happy: Yes, you arrive back at the zeppelin without being attacked by Wolfen first.
[01:50] Happy: The gazelle herd has returned to grazing now.
[01:50] Happy: You see no sign of Wolfen.
[01:51] Shadowcaller: I never imagined they wold be so… feral."
[01:52] Shadowcaller: "Hope Happy and Wolfabne are safe…"
[01:52] Shadowcaller: *wolfbane
[01:52] Murska: (back)
[01:52] Shadowcaller: (We are back at the zeppelin.)
[01:52] Happy: Happy and Promise are led into the center of the clearing. There are several Wolfen with spears surrounding you, and Wolfbane can tell there are more in the trees watching you.
[01:52] Murska: (Aegnor's probably have carried her. :P)
[01:53] Murska: (My stomach is really messed up… -.-)
[01:53] Happy: :(
[01:53] Shadowcaller: (:S)
[01:53] Shadowcaller: (everything as we left it at the zeppelin?)
[01:55] Happy: An older Wolfen steps into the clearing, large and covered with scars. Even Happy can tell this is the pack leader, but Wolfbane of course recognizes much more of the subtle changes in body language among the others.
[01:55] Happy: The airship is as you left it, yes. Repairs continue.
[01:55] Wolfbane: Wolfbane kneels in respect and motions Happy to do the same.
[01:56] Happy: Happy does so. Menie cringes in a submissive posture as well. (I assume you set him down.)
[01:57] Wolfbane: (yeah)
[01:57] Murska: Aegnor goes to try and find the captain.
[01:57] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "We should tell Arik too…"
[01:57] Happy: "You will explain now who you are and how you made the jungle shake." the leader says.
[01:58] Murska: 'We'll tell everyone. But it doesn't seem to be an urgent issue.' Aegnor turns to Simone. 'Are you okay?'
[01:58] Happy: The captain is in the engine area, working on repairs. Arik is wherever he wants to be. No one will deny him access to any part of the ship he wants to see after he saved them.
[01:59] Murska: (That was while searching, btw)
[01:59] Wolfbane: Wolfbane keeps his head down. "We came from over the horizon on an airship. The storm last night damaged it. We were forced to land here for repairs."
[01:59] Happy: "I am hurt of the - how you say?" she indicates her ankle.
[01:59] Happy: "It is not much."
[02:00] Murska: 'That part is called 'ankle'. I'll take a look at it soon.' At this point Aegnor finds the captain. 'Hey!'
[02:00] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Hello…"
[02:01] Wolfbane: ((Good thing Simone when with you guys :P))
[02:01] Happy: "We have seen your sky carriers before," the leader says. "Lightning made yours fall?"
[02:01] Shadowcaller: (Indeed.)
[02:01] Happy: The captain stands up, wiping grease off his hands. "What did you find?"
[02:01] Wolfbane: "Yes."
[02:02] Murska: 'Apparently there are Wolfen nearby. We think one of them saw Cessie.'
[02:02] Murska: 'We didn't see anything else of note, though. The others went to the jungle, they aren't back yet.'
[02:02] Shadowcaller: "They should be more worried I saw them…"
[02:04] Happy: "The trees shook when your sky carrier fell. Many animals fell out of the canopy, dead. Our cubs are feasting well."
[02:05] Happy: "Wolfen. I wasn't aware there were packs of them here, but then this area isn't well explored. We'd best keep a watch. They could damage the ship if they put their minds to it."
[02:06] Murska: 'Better to be sure. Do you know how long it'll take to repair the ship yet?'
[02:06] Wolfbane: "It is good to hear that your cubs are doing well. I wish that they continue doing so."
[02:06] Wolfbane: (Wolfbane has a little known skill)
[02:06] Shadowcaller: Arik makes his way toward you, "I see that you have returned" he nods to Cessie, "WHat happend?"
[02:06] Wolfbane: (Diplomacy :P)
[02:06] Murska: (Bah. Useless skill.)
[02:06] Shadowcaller: (You got it.)
[02:06] Murska: (It just lessens the amount of possible enemies to kill.)
[02:07] Shadowcaller: (You would not have completed much without it.)
[02:08] Murska: (Hmpf. Stop being realistic into my gamer speak.)
[02:09] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Apperently there are wolfen here…"
[02:10] Happy: "They are happy, but it is not good for the veriditas." (veriditas rougly translates as the whole of the ecosystem)
[02:10] Happy: "Why do you travel with that mark on you? And with a monkey daughter?"
[02:10] Murska: (Well, I don't suppose we'll make it a habit to drop an airship around here every once in a while. :P)
[02:11] Happy: (Well how does he know that?)
[02:11] Shadowcaller: Arik: "Hm, primitive beasts, they are nothing like their northen cousines."
[02:11] Murska: (I guess you'll just have to explain)
[02:11] Happy: (yup)
[02:12] Murska: (The captain answer any time soon?)
[02:12] Shadowcaller: *cousins
[02:13] Happy: (oh yeah) "Four days. Possibly sooner. We'll be working around the clock."
[02:14] Wolfbane: "The mark was a gift. And I travel with her because she is a proven warrior. I have fought along side her and she has slain many foe."
[02:14] Murska: 'Right. I can help with the watches, I don't sleep much anyway.'
[02:15] Murska: (many a foe or many foes)
[02:15] Wolfbane: (He is simplifying his speech for them)
[02:15] Happy: "And where is your pack?"
[02:16] Happy: "Can your people help with meals and general housekeeping as well?"
[02:16] Shadowcaller: "Well, I for one can assure the captain that if any of thease beasts attack you, I will kill them all, and even bring some of them back…"
[02:16] Happy: (Arik?)
[02:16] Shadowcaller: (yes.)
[02:16] Shadowcaller: (Thats not Cessie exactly, thought she share some of his bias, but to a lesser degree.)
[02:17] Murska: 'I'll be glad to help wherever I can and I'm sure the others will, aswell.'
[02:17] Murska: (And I'd imagine Aegnor's carrying almost all his stuff, as usual.)
[02:18] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "Well… I'm just glad if the others return soon enough."
[02:18] Happy: (that was the Wolfen leader asking Wolfbane 'Where is your pack')
[02:18] Murska: (Right. :P)
[02:18] Murska: (Too many conversations at the same time)
[02:18] Wolfbane: (One sec, I have a lot of chats)
[02:19] Shadowcaller: (WOlfy is far too popular for his own good
)
[02:19] Happy: (yeah, should have split two chats for two parties)
[02:19] Wolfbane: (:P)
[02:19] Wolfbane: (Okay)
[02:19] Murska: (At least this way I don't have to read that one afterwards)
[02:20] Happy: (yeah, but both chats could have had observers)
[02:20] Murska: (even more difficult to follow. :P)
[02:21] Wolfbane: "I was sent away on a journey. I have been on it many years." Wolfbane tells the truth.
[02:23] Happy: "Thank you for yuor help," the captain says.
[02:26] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "We have hardly done anything, we just happened to notice them, thats all."
[02:26] Murska: 'And, of course, helping you helps us.'
[02:27] Happy: "Of course. But there are people who would rather worsen their situation than lift a hand."
[02:27] Murska: 'We're not idiots. I hope.'
[02:27] Happy: Wolfen leader: "What will you do now that your sky carrier has fallen?"
[02:28] Shadowcaller: Cessie: "I don't think we are."
[02:28] Shadowcaller: "Anyway, maybe we should look for the others? Or should we just wait here+"
[02:28] Shadowcaller: *?
[02:29] Murska: 'I don't think we'd find them from the jungle.
[02:29] Wolfbane: "We were going to travel to a nearby village and get supplies to treat our wounded and repair the carrier."
[02:30] Shadowcaller: "They are the trackers after all… we should have done different groups."
[02:30] Murska: (cya)=
[02:30] Shadowcaller: bye
[02:30] Happy: (gnight)
[02:30] Wolfbane: (later)
[02:31] Happy: "The carrier will fly again?"
[02:31] *
Aegnor has left the conversation.
[02:31] Wolfbane: "We are hoping to make it so."
[02:32] Happy: "And then you will leave, without harming any of my pack?"
[02:33] Wolfbane: "You have my word that the travellers and I will not harm your pack."
[02:34] Happy: "And have you earned a name, traveller?"
[02:35] Wolfbane: "Yes I have."
[02:35] Happy: "Then give me your name in pledge, and I will let you depart."
[02:36] Wolfbane: "I pledge so upon my name. My name is Promise."
[02:37] Wolfbane: (Didn't expect that, did you? :P)
[02:39] Happy: The alpha gestures, and the wolfen lower their spears. Happy hasn't understood any of the conversation, but can tell that something has been resolved.
[02:40] Wolfbane: Wolfbane/Promise waits for the Alpha to gesture for them to leave before doing so.
[02:43] Happy: "My cub will escort you back to your carrier. He is called Black Stripe." ('is called' rather than 'named' to indicate that it isn't an earned name but just a designation) A younger Wolfen steps forward. "He will stay with you until you leave."
[02:44] Happy: Black Stripe gestures for you to stand.
[02:46] Wolfbane: Wolfbane stands and helps Happy up. "Happy, this is Black Stripe. He will be with us until we leave."
[02:49] Happy: Happy nods in greeting to him and smiles, but doesn't speak. Promise can tell she made a mistake, because her smile shows her teeth, which looks like a challenge to Black Stripe.
[02:51] Wolfbane: "She is not accustommed to our ways. Please do not be offended." Promise explains quickly.
[02:52] Wolfbane: ((Did you take that from the Kzin?))
[02:53] Happy: (yeah, quite a bit of this stuff is kzin rip off) Black Stripe looks from Happy to Promise. "Then she does not mean to fight?" His hackles are already raised at the challenge, and he seems disappointed to have it withdrawn.
[02:54] Wolfbane: "No, that is how her kind greet one another sometimes. They do… odd things occaisonally. If you would give me a chance, I could explain this to her."
[02:58] Happy: Black Stripe lowers his head in deference to Promise's higher rank, being a named Wolfen, and begins to lead them back to the ship.
[03:00] Wolfbane: Promise walks behind him and looks at Happy. "Please, do not show your teeth unless you mean to fight. I know that it is only a greeting, but he didn't. And when we get back, please tell the others to call me by my new alias."
[03:00] Wolfbane: (I take it he is speaking in two languages?)
[03:00] Happy: (yes)
[03:01] Happy: "They seemed angry. Is everything okay?"
[03:05] Wolfbane: "The Alpha made it clear that they won't bother us as long as I pledged my name that we would not harm them."
[03:07] Happy: "Good job," Happy says to him, smiling without showing her teeth.
[03:08] Happy: You get back to the ship.
[03:08] Wolfbane: Promise warns Black Stripe that there will be many people before hand.
[03:08] Happy: Promise can smell that Black Stripe is nervous about boarding it, but is trying to conceal it.
[03:08] Happy: "Monkey people?"
[03:09] Wolfbane: "Yes, a lot of them. Do not assume that they mean to threaten you. Chances are that they are only greeting you."
[03:13] Happy: They enter the ship. Black Stripe finds the smell of so many humans in such a closed space almost dizzying. "Someone has died?" he asks.
[03:14] Happy: Cessie and Arik around?
[03:15] Wolfbane: Promise nods. "Yes. In the storm last night and another is badly wounded." He doesn't mention Arik.
[03:16] Happy: "I have not met many monkey people before. But you travel with them?"
[03:16] Wolfbane: "Yes. It is part of my journey."
[03:17] Happy: I don't think SC is still here.
[03:17] Wolfbane: I'm not sure either
[03:17] Wolfbane: Probably getting something
[03:18] Happy: If you had given the name Wolfbane, he would have kept one of you as a hostage, and sent a named warrior back with the other one.
[03:18] Wolfbane: I don't think he considers that his /real/ name anymore
[03:19] Happy: He's showing you respect by sending a lower ranking Wolfen as his emissary.
[03:19] Wolfbane: *nods*
[03:19] Wolfbane: It makes sense
[03:20] Happy: Black Stripe is sent to watch what you do and report back after you leave, but he'll also obey any orders Promise gives him.
[03:21] Wolfbane: Promise won't give him anything demeaning.
[03:23] Happy: Of course not.
[03:25] Happy: I think SC fell asleep or something
[03:25] Happy: So we'll pause there. And it won't matter if anyone else calls him 'Wolfbane' since they'd be saying it in Western Common and not in Wolfen speech
[03:27] Wolfbane: True, but I think he is wanting to switch to Promise instead. It has a deeper meaning for him.
[03:27] Happy: Yes.
[03:28] Happy: But he just told Happy that he'd have to give them his first name. So she is surprised.
[03:28] Wolfbane: He thought it over and decided to give his /real/ name instead.
[03:29] Happy: Seeing other Wolfen made a difference in his thinking?
[03:29] Wolfbane: Yeah.
[03:30] Wolfbane: He realized he wasn't them anymore and would likely never be again.
[03:30] Happy: that's sad though
[03:31] Wolfbane: Maybe, but he isn't as hung up on his past anymore.
[03:34] Wolfbane: He is probably happier for it though
[03:34] Wolfbane: He is starting to realize what he is other than an exile

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License